Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018-2019 Temple University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
For those of you who got that completion email, when did you submit?
For those of you who got that completion email, when did you submit?
7/9
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
appleapple16
Full Member
7/17For those of you who got that completion email, when did you submit?
Hmm, thanks yall. I didnt get a completion email but my portal says complete. i think i might have to call and ask whats up.
Hey guys! Anyone know if the 2000 character limit is with or without spaces?
With spacesHey guys! Anyone know if the 2000 character limit is with or without spaces?
Is there anyone else who hasn't received the secondary yet? My amcas was verified in mid June, and my stats are decent enough that I wouldn't think I would be screened out. I've received secondaries for all of the other schools I applied to, so I'm starting to get a bit worried that everyone else seems to have gotten this one....
imdrbrightside
Full Member
Anyone else getting an error message when they try to submit?
This helped. I would rather go to a big city and work with the underserved there since the bulk of my app is geared towards that. And I love the city and the diverse culture it brings
imdrbrightside
Full Member
I figured it out-the application was being weird about me copying and pasting answers from word docs.Anyone else getting an error message when they try to submit?
There's some info about the Bethlehem campus here: AdmissionsWhere can I get more information about the different campus?
aclikethecity
Full Member
Have any non-ED applicants received a secondary?
Yes, I received it 7/5Have any non-ED applicants received a secondary?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UnderRepresentedMajority
Full Member
how are you guys uploading your SAT/ACT scores? i self reported my scores, but do i really have to take pictures? lol
bostonstrong95
Full Member
how are you guys uploading your SAT/ACT scores? i self reported my scores, but do i really have to take pictures? lol
I just self reported, I don’t even remember seeing a place to put a picture.
UnderRepresentedMajority
Full Member
I just self reported, I don’t even remember seeing a place to put a picture.
It says uploading a picture of your scores is optional or something. There’s a place to upload it.
aclikethecity
Full Member
Was your primary verified?Yes, I received it 7/5
imdrbrightside
Full Member
Yes!! I retyped the essays in the box (apparently an issue with copy and paste) and it worked fine. Annoying but that’s how I got it submittedanyone getting this message:
"There was an error, please see the system administrator!"
when they try and input their essays and hit save and continue?
bostonstrong95
Full Member
I emailed admissions when I had this problem and she also had me clear my cacheanyone getting this message:
"There was an error, please see the system administrator!"
when they try and input their essays and hit save and continue?
Is it weird to have my S.O. be part of the reason I picked the Temple clinical campus? Like it's a big factor but I can't tell if it's inappropriate to bring up
I mentioned that living in Philly would give my S.O. more opportunities in her own career... I think it's a valid reasonIs it weird to have my S.O. be part of the reason I picked the Temple clinical campus? Like it's a big factor but I can't tell if it's inappropriate to bring up
lemonade58
Full Member
I mentioned that living in Philly would give my S.O. more opportunities in her own career... I think it's a valid reason
I'm also discussing my SO briefly where I have the space so I think it's fair too
I mentioned that I have family in Philly. I think that's a perfectly valid reason to pick main campus.Is it weird to have my S.O. be part of the reason I picked the Temple clinical campus? Like it's a big factor but I can't tell if it's inappropriate to bring up
Submitted and complete last night
I'm wondering the same thing!for LORs, Temple asks for 2 science letters and if not, explain why on the secondary. I only have one science letter, no paticularly strong reason why not (graduated a couple years ago and abroad). Anyone have thoughts on if I should bother applying?
Is anyone who took the 6/21 CASPER complete yet? Says my results were delivered 2 weeks ago by temple is still missing it...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got my complete e-mail!
CharmCity94
Full Member
+1Just got my complete e-mail!
same thing happened to me, I logged onto CASPer on Tuesday and it said that they were done scoringDid any other July 8th CASPer takers just get the completion email? I thought results were released after 3 weeks, which would mean my scores don't get sent until July 30.
lemonade58
Full Member
Did any other July 8th CASPer takers just get the completion email? I thought results were released after 3 weeks, which would mean my scores don't get sent until July 30.
July 8th CASPer scores were sent a few days ago! 🙂
Got my complete email today! Also took Casper 7/8.
Do you guys know if Temple pre-screens for secondaries?
Almost everyone gets one. Per MSAR: "Once a verified AMCAS application is received, an email with the link to the Supplemental Application is sent to U.S. citizens, permanent residents or applicants who have refugee/asylee status"Do you guys know if Temple pre-screens for secondaries?
I submitted committee and 2 individual letters. I don't think they have a max so it's up to your discretion. I would email them just to be sure if you're thinking about sending 5+.
Temple is very engaged in the North Philadelphia community.It seems that the school is very research-heavy which is great! Are there any current students or accepted who can comment further on anything else the school really focuses on?
Do you mean community service or they would like individuals who want to work and stay there after their education is complete?Temple is very engaged in the North Philadelphia community.
Community service. Temple Health is a beloved institution in the community and serves a very diverse, lower-income patient base. If you're listing the Philadelphia campus as your top preference I'd definitely recommend emphasizing this. I did my post-bac there so know a bit about the med school but am not a current student.Do you mean community service or they would like individuals who want to work and stay there after their education is complete?
Thank you so much, this helped a lot with the submission of my secondary!Community service. Temple Health is a beloved institution in the community and serves a very diverse, lower-income patient base. If you're listing the Philadelphia campus as your top preference I'd definitely recommend emphasizing this. I did my post-bac there so know a bit about the med school but am not a current student.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone struggling to access the secondary? I have it completed and went to log in to paste my essays in and complete but when I put in my birth date, it says that I cannot access the account and my e-mail address that I use does not work. I suspect it is because I am a re applicant but I haven't been able to resolve this. I've called a few times and left a voicemail but have yet to hear back. Any help would be appreciated!
Where can we check the status of our application?
After I submitted and viewed my application again, my paragraphs were no longer separated. Does this happen to everyone's essays? It reads a bit funny with the two paragraphs of my responses in one big chunk.
+1 this happened to me at other schools too. I think it's just because standard text boxes usually do thisAfter I submitted and viewed my application again, my paragraphs were no longer separated. Does this happen to everyone's essays? It reads a bit funny with the two paragraphs of my responses in one big chunk.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K