2018-2019 Temple University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Think we’ll see any waitlist movement this week?

Reactions: 1 users
Just called and they could not disclose anything about the waitlist other than “we accept students up until orientation”

Accepted students: please comment if you have decided to withdraw your acceptance!
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I recently got accepted last week and tried to join the FB group; however, my request is still pending. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, I recently got accepted last week and tried to join the FB group; however, my request is still pending. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

It takes a few days unfortunately to get accepted to the group

Reactions: 1 users
This is my 5th A. I'm currently PTE at another school that offered me a very generous scholarship to go. Any thoughts or previous experiences on asking if Temple will match scholarships?

This is my 5th A. I'm currently PTE at another school that offered me a very generous scholarship to go. Any thoughts or previous experiences on asking if Temple will match scholarships? The answer will determine if I plan on attending.
Wow...congrats. Do you still hold all 5?

Wow...congrats. Do you still hold all 5?
Nah man! I let 2 go on the 30th. Then I let another go maybe a week ago (was a waitlist->acceptance deal). Now I guess I have 2. Only got waitlisted at one more school, so this should probably be it for me.

Nah man! I let 2 go on the 30th. Then I let another go maybe a week ago (was a waitlist->acceptance deal). Now I guess I have 2. Only got waitlisted at one more school, so this should probably be it for me.
At my interview they said 71% of the incoming class got some form of scholarship

I interviewed on the last day (or one of the last days) back at the end of March.

Withdrew from continuing candidates list.

I'm hoping for the best for everyone still in the running here!

Reactions: 4 users
Anybody who has been accepted recently been able to figure out the financial aid? It wont let me accept my offer and the loans provided dont even come close to the COA

If anyone has received a scholarship from Temple, how did you receive it? email, letter, notification through your portal?

If anyone has received a scholarship from Temple, how did you receive it? email, letter, notification through your portal?
I received notice of it via e-mail.

Interviewed and Waitlisted in January... anyone hear back since May 1st’s deadline?

Bethlehem has a population of 76,000. Philadelphia has a population of 1.5 million. Their differences in population means that their demographics and culture differ.

You probably won't meet as many young professionals in Bethlehem as you would in Philadelphia, for example.
I may be stupid and I thought the main campus was in Philadelphia, but why does it say Pittsburg on their website?

"Our regional and clinical campuses, St. Luke’s University Network in Bethlehem, PA and Allegheny Health Network in Pittsburgh, PA, provide variety in learning environments and clinical opportunities." - taken from their Why Temple? page

I may be stupid and I thought the main campus was in Philadelphia, but why does it say Pittsburg on their website?

"Our regional and clinical campuses, St. Luke’s University Network in Bethlehem, PA and Allegheny Health Network in Pittsburgh, PA, provide variety in learning environments and clinical opportunities." - taken from their Why Temple? page
Pittsburgh used to be a rotation site however it is not now. They must not have updated the page.

Do we think the majority of waitlist movement has or hasn't happened yet?

Just got in today!!! Interviewed back in January and was waitlisted in the 2nd batch

+1 also got in today! also interviewed in January and was at first waitlisted.