2018-2019 Temple University

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just called and they could not disclose anything about the waitlist other than “we accept students up until orientation”

Accepted students: please comment if you have decided to withdraw your acceptance!
Thanks!
 
Hey guys, I recently got accepted last week and tried to join the FB group; however, my request is still pending. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is my 5th A. I'm currently PTE at another school that offered me a very generous scholarship to go. Any thoughts or previous experiences on asking if Temple will match scholarships?
 
This is my 5th A. I'm currently PTE at another school that offered me a very generous scholarship to go. Any thoughts or previous experiences on asking if Temple will match scholarships? The answer will determine if I plan on attending.
Wow...congrats. Do you still hold all 5?
 
Nah man! I let 2 go on the 30th. Then I let another go maybe a week ago (was a waitlist->acceptance deal). Now I guess I have 2. Only got waitlisted at one more school, so this should probably be it for me.
At my interview they said 71% of the incoming class got some form of scholarship
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anybody who has been accepted recently been able to figure out the financial aid? It wont let me accept my offer and the loans provided dont even come close to the COA
 
Bethlehem has a population of 76,000. Philadelphia has a population of 1.5 million. Their differences in population means that their demographics and culture differ.

You probably won't meet as many young professionals in Bethlehem as you would in Philadelphia, for example.
I may be stupid and I thought the main campus was in Philadelphia, but why does it say Pittsburg on their website?

"Our regional and clinical campuses, St. Luke’s University Network in Bethlehem, PA and Allegheny Health Network in Pittsburgh, PA, provide variety in learning environments and clinical opportunities." - taken from their Why Temple? page
 
I may be stupid and I thought the main campus was in Philadelphia, but why does it say Pittsburg on their website?

"Our regional and clinical campuses, St. Luke’s University Network in Bethlehem, PA and Allegheny Health Network in Pittsburgh, PA, provide variety in learning environments and clinical opportunities." - taken from their Why Temple? page
Pittsburgh used to be a rotation site however it is not now. They must not have updated the page.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad