2018-2019 Temple University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any idea what waitlist movement will be like for St. Luke's versus Philly?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does Temple have a CTE deadline? I was accepted to another school and am on the WL at Temple, and Temple is my first choice (very very much my first choice!!). The other school has a CTE deadline in early July. I've sent updates and a LOI to Temple, and during my most recent communication they said they accept students off of the WL up until the start of classes. But sadly I won't be able to stay on the WL that long, or I'll risk having my A rescinded. So I am really, really hoping Temple has a CTE deadline that it is before the deadline for the school I am accepted to!:xf:The thought of taking myself off of the WL when I still might have a chance is rough :(.

Does Temple have a CTE deadline? I was accepted to another school and am on the WL at Temple, and Temple is my first choice (very very much my first choice!!). The other school has a CTE deadline in early July. I've sent updates and a LOI to Temple, and during my most recent communication they said they accept students off of the WL up until the start of classes. But sadly I won't be able to stay on the WL that long, or I'll risk having my A rescinded. So I am really, really hoping Temple has a CTE deadline that it is before the deadline for the school I am accepted to!:xf:The thought of taking myself off of the WL when I still might have a chance is rough :(.
It’s July 15th for MD IIRC. They sent an email recently about commit to enroll vs plan to enroll and when you have to commit if you are MD, MD/PhD, or doing the PREP course.

Hello. I don't know if anyone here can help but I am currently applying to this medical school and am prewriting secondaries. Their second question for secondaries is:

How do you plan on contributing to the Lewis Katz School of Medicine Community?*LKSOM seeks an engaged student body with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and interests to enhance the medical school experience for everyone. Please use the space below to describe what makes you unique as an applicant, an obstacle that you had to overcome, or how you will contribute to the LKSOM community.

While the question says "or", would it be ok if I wrote an essay that talked about how I am unique as an applicant, an obstacle that you had to overcome, AND how you will contribute to the LKSOM community. I know the instructions say or but I feel that I can write about all 3 in the character limits given. Did anyone do this and have success?

I'm afraid LKSOM may get mad at me for not "following directions" as it says or.

Hello. I don't know if anyone here can help but I am currently applying to this medical school and am prewriting secondaries. Their second question for secondaries is:

How do you plan on contributing to the Lewis Katz School of Medicine Community?*LKSOM seeks an engaged student body with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and interests to enhance the medical school experience for everyone. Please use the space below to describe what makes you unique as an applicant, an obstacle that you had to overcome, or how you will contribute to the LKSOM community.

While the question says "or", would it be ok if I wrote an essay that talked about how I am unique as an applicant, an obstacle that you had to overcome, AND how you will contribute to the LKSOM community. I know the instructions say or but I feel that I can write about all 3 in the character limits given. Did anyone do this and have success?

I'm afraid LKSOM may get mad at me for not "following directions" as it says or.
Temple has a 19-20 page now so you should re post this in that for feedback. imho I would only do either what makes you unique OR obstacle and for whatever one, end with describing how it shaped you into a person that will contribute to lksom community. temple will not get mad if you choose all three as long as the response is well written and also I recommend these for this cycle
See the source image

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Logged in to TUportal today to withdraw my application, and found out my application had been silently denied. I never received any notification.

FWIW, my interviewer could not have been more of an dingus. He looked at my application, saw my 521 MCAT, and said "This means nothing, only that you are good at tests." He then proceeded to inaccurately grill me for not having any clinical experience, of which I had >100hrs volunteer time and much more shadowing. I almost withdrew the moment I walked out of that interview, but didn't have any A's yet so I had to play the field.

Logged in to TUportal today to withdraw my application, and found out my application had been silently denied. I never received any notification.

FWIW, my interviewer could not have been more of an dingus. He looked at my application, saw my 521 MCAT, and said "This means nothing, only that you are good at tests." He then proceeded to inaccurately grill me for not having any clinical experience, of which I had >100hrs volunteer time and much more shadowing. I almost withdrew the moment I walked out of that interview, but didn't have any A's yet so I had to play the field.
Where did you find the status of your application?

My portal still says complete and ready for review. This is post interview of course.

Members don't see this ad :)
You'd think they would have the decency to at least notify via email that students are denied. Sad.

You'd think they would have the decency to at least notify via email that students are denied. Sad.
Were you denied as well?
Who else has been denied thus far?
I agree it is pretty inconsiderate but at least they are starting to let people know...

When you get off the waitlist do you immediately receive your financial aid package or does it take time?

Were you denied as well?
Who else has been denied thus far?
I agree it is pretty inconsiderate but at least they are starting to let people know...
No I’m on the waitlist but I’ll likely withdraw soon as I am in somewhere else

When you get off the waitlist do you immediately receive your financial aid package or does it take time?
I was accepted on a thursday and got my finaid the next tuesday IIRC. The finaid office said they generally make calculations on tuesdays and thursdays.

Sounds like more WL movement to come no?
I assume so but not too sure how much. There are new people added to the group but idk if they just got accepted or if they just waited to join the group/took a bit of time to get verified and accepted by the admins.

anyone here anything back with merit based aid, who came off the waitlist?

Housing is actually pretty pricey in a decent apartment outside of North abroad, and their estimates of $11,000 of Room and board ($8K housing $3K board), doesn’t even cover rent lol

I have a couple friends with lower stats like 3.7-509 range who received full tuition and ~$25K from LKSOM, but I’m not sure what LKSOM’s criteria for merit based is. Their website said 45% of students get merit based aid which is renewable for 4 years.

Also haven’t heard anything about merit based aid. I emailed to see if I could match a scholarship from another school, never got an offer. I know they mentioned that need based aid will be awarded in October or November buts that’s a long wait.

They also said they’d be awarding merit based aid throughout the summer but....I feel like if we haven’t heard since February why would we hear now

Do you mind messaging me? Have 514/4.0 and I’ve gotten no merit based aid
I dont want to share specifics but my stats were lower than that (LM 67). I got my financial aid package first then a scholarship like 2-3 days later. I got more interviews than expected with my stats so I think they take ECs into consideration for aid but not 100% sure. Just a guess.

Reactions: 1 users
I dont want to share specifics but my stats were lower than that (LM 67). I got my financial aid package first then a scholarship like 2-3 days later. I got more interviews than expected with my stats so I think they take ECs into consideration for aid but not 100% sure. Just a guess.
I also know someone going to this school with a LM in the high 70’s that didn’t get any merit aid. Seems pretty random

Withdrew from the Continuing Candidates List due to a Commit to Enroll Deadline. Wish Everyone the best of luck.

Reactions: 2 users
Do you guys know how long it takes to get approved for the Facebook group?

Accepted off the waitlist today!! Interviewed in October and had completely given up on this school. Temple was always my top choice and I will definitely be attending! Stay positive and hopeful you guys, things are still moving!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted off the waitlist today!! Interviewed in October and had completely given up on this school. Temple was always my top choice and I will definitely be attending! Stay positive and hopeful you guys, things are still moving!
Me too! Congrats

Reactions: 3 users
Will selecting CTE prior to disbursement of financial aid impact our potential for a scholarship?

I was accepted at Philly and let my acceptance go! Hope it goes to one of you guys

• Love
Reactions: 5 users