2018-2019 University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I really need to stop keeping refreshing my portal and email...

I'm going to turn my phone off for an hour and hope when i turn it back on there's finally a decision haha

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Silence over here as well.

Reactions: 4 users
Well it's been about an hour and still nothing :confused: sorry to spam you all with my impatience

Edit: got an email from another school about how good their match was... Not what i needed right now

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Lending you my pre-med energy so you can get those last couple As.
Haha thanks bro. This is my last school. I just want to know if I'm on the WL or if it's an R. I'm ready to finally be done with all the waiting.

Reactions: 6 users
WL. I was expecting an R, but I think I'll pass. Feels kinda weird since Pritzker was my top choice for a while. GL to everyone still in the race!

Reactions: 2 users
WL just now. Glad I didn't see this thread until now because it would make my morning agonizing...

Reactions: 2 users
+1 for waitlist, declining spot
Glad they made it easy for me. Loved UChicago during my interview day but am already happy with my current acceptance and don’t want another few months of uncertainty lol

All you need is one acceptance!

Gl to everyone, especially if this cycle has been rough

Reactions: 7 users
+1 for waitlist, declining spot
Glad they made it easy for me. Loved UChicago during my interview day but am already happy with my current acceptance and don’t want another few months of uncertainty lol

All you need is one acceptance!

Gl to everyone, especially if this cycle has been rough

also for future generations who read this post: interviewed in December and was told I’d hear back in January, but had no news until now lol. Save yourself the stress and just assume you won’t hear until March. Don’t make my mistake of waiting

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Finally got an email: WL. Interviewed mid January. I've seen previous reports that they accept up to a total of 240 people to fill the 90 seats, but I don't know how outdated that data is. And I'm not sure if their yield is that low

EDIT: found the place where I saw the post II acceptances
UChicago: 651, 249, 88. 38% (apparently 2016 data, format of interviewees, acceptances, matriculants)

Waitlisted and probably declining the spot as well. Glad this wild ride is finally over.

Reactions: 8 users
Waitlisted and probably declining the spot as well. Glad this wild ride is finally over.
Man I was rooting for you to sweep your interviews haha! Congrats on a fantastic cycle regardless!!!

Man I was rooting for you to sweep your interviews haha! Congrats on a fantastic cycle regardless!!!
Thanks man! It was my first interview so I guess I needed more practice lol.

Reactions: 4 users
WL as well. Wonder how long it will be for them to turn decisions moving forward ...

I would guess after April 15th and the big bulk of final decisions after April 30th

are there any MSTP applicants here? has anyone heard anything (acceptance, waitlist or reject) since december? been total radio silence since i interviewed in jan, and i havent seen anything on any of the MD/PhD threads.

got my scrub top in the mail today!!

Reactions: 1 users
Any advice for scholarship matching goes, as far as who to contact?

Also, has anyone received any information about student hosts for second look? I applied for a host, but I haven't heard anything.

@Blitzman how long did the financial aid office take to get back to you with the increase in scholarship after you submitted your update to them? Also did you have an offer from another school to bargain with?

Also, has anyone received any information about student hosts for second look? I applied for a host, but I haven't heard anything.

Nope haven't heard anything yet either

I am a M1 on the revisit hosting team, we are still in the process of matching. But historically, everyone who has requested a host will get a host!

Looking forwards to meeting everyone!

I am a M1 on the revisit hosting team, we are still in the process of matching. But historically, everyone who has requested a host will get a host!

Looking forwards to meeting everyone!

whoops, should've checked SDN before sending out a frantic email just now lmao

Does anyone know when we’ll get more information about second look? Specifically, dress code and what student we’ll be staying with.

Does anyone know when we’ll get more information about second look? Specifically, dress code and what student we’ll be staying with.

I'm another M1 on the hosting team. We'll be sending out hosting pairings either tomorrow or Tuesday. Everyone who asked for a host has been paired, we're just seeing if we get any last minute current students who will host. As far as second look info, I'm assuming Monday or Tuesday as well.

Does uchicago match offers?
Bruh you’ve been posting this in every T20 thread this morning. I don’t think you’ll ever get much more than anecdotal data on here on matching scholarship offers. The only way to find out for sure is to try, so draft up some emails and send them out. You have nothing to lose by asking.

does pritzker require a drug test for matriculating students? when and what kind (urine, saliva, etc.)?

I'm pretty sure that all medical schools require it as part of AAMC policy. I think it's just a urine test.

Anyone else still waiting on the official financial aid package?

200-300 people on the waitlist, 0-30 get accepted from that. Based on previous years threads and an old Pritzker Podcast

Missed a call from someone on admissions, so potential movement. Will keep y'all posted.