2018-2019 University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am also curious about the likelihood of getting a scholarship after acceptance! from previous threads it seems like there have been people who received one / got money added to their original scholarships as people accepted offers elsewhere, but I'm wondering how common this is / whether scholarships generally roll over like this. perhaps it's still a little early though since people are still deciding between schools. if current M1s/M2s could chime in on this that would be great!

also in past years people who got off the waitlist seemed to get pretty hefty scholarships with their acceptance as well, so definitely don't lose hope if you're waitlisted!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am also curious about the likelihood of getting a scholarship after acceptance! from previous threads it seems like there have been people who received one / got money added to their original scholarships as people accepted offers elsewhere, but I'm wondering how common this is / whether scholarships generally roll over like this. perhaps it's still a little early though since people are still deciding between schools. if current M1s/M2s could chime in on this that would be great!

also in past years people who got off the waitlist seemed to get pretty hefty scholarships with their acceptance as well, so definitely don't lose hope if you're waitlisted!!!
n=1, but I was accepted in October with no scholarship and got a call today about scholarship. Perhaps this roll over process has already started?

Reactions: 2 users
Perhaps I misunderstood the response when I had called.... anyone hear back about acceptances recently?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing here!! Seems like nothing has happened this week in terms of admissions decisions

So I know to take the USNWR rankings with a grain of salt, but my question is over matching. Does anyone know how much of a barrier Pritzker’s rank drop would be in matching places like Mass General, Hopkins, Mayo, UCSF etc? In general how open has the door been to those places for Pritzker students? Appreciate the input

Not sure how much USNWR research ranking matters, I would look at the program director rankings of schools as that has more relevance to matching like you’re saying. By that metric I’m pretty sure Pritzker has been consistent over the past 5-10 years, then again it’s all ways been a top school even as the research ranking fluctuates yearly.

So I know to take the USNWR rankings with a grain of salt, but my question is over matching. Does anyone know how much of a barrier Pritzker’s rank drop would be in matching places like Mass General, Hopkins, Mayo, UCSF etc? In general how open has the door been to those places for Pritzker students? Appreciate the input

Well, a quick look at their Match list shows that just in 2018, They had people match UCSF, Harvard, Hopkins and Mayo match in the following specialties:

Anesthesiology: 2 Harvard
Emergency Med: 1 UCSF
Family Med: 1 UCSF
Internal Med: 6 Harvard, 1 Mayo
Pediatrics: 1 Harvard, 1 UCSF
Psychiatry: 3 Harvard
Rad-Onc: 1 Hopkins
Surgery: 1 Harvard

that's about 20% of the class matching at those institutions you mentioned --fairly safe to assume you will be fine at Pritzker

This dribble of acceptances last week and then silence is killing me!.... Make decisions already!

Reactions: 5 users
I was perusing MSAR today and found this under Pritziker's WL info,

"A subset of interviewed students who are not originally accepted are invited to join our waitlist in late April or early May. Our waitlist is unranked."

Surely this doesn't mean we will have to wait until late April/early May to know about R/WL if we didn't get the call last week, right??

Reactions: 1 users
I was perusing MSAR today and found this under Pritziker's WL info,

"A subset of interviewed students who are not originally accepted are invited to join our waitlist in late April or early May. Our waitlist is unranked."

Surely this doesn't mean we will have to wait until late April/early May to know about R/WL if we didn't get the call last week, right??

Perhaps they are doing it differently this year but last cycle a ton of WL were reported at end of FEB and then no movement on the WL until after traffic day [APR30]

Assuming that they're done with acceptances or there may be a couple left to go out before the March 15th deadline (next week?). I can't imagine that there are many initial seats left at this point, and most of the WL movement would happen after April 15th and April 30th

So do schools have to make a decision on an applicant status by March 15th if they have been interviewed already..... A/R/WL?

Members don't see this ad :)
So do schools have to make a decision on an applicant status by March 15th if they have been interviewed already..... A/R/WL?

Not necessarily, but by AAMC protocols, schools must offer enough acceptances for the expected/predicted class size. So Pritzker must have at least sent out approx 90 acceptances by March 15th. And I guess if you haven't heard anything back at that point, you're effectively on a WL.

Send it in! I got a call up-ing my scholarship to full this morning!

Wow, congrats! I ended up sending it but i don't even have an acceptance yet let alone a scholarship lol. I'm hoping they have a few more decisions to send out still.

Reactions: 2 users
Did you send in a post-acceptance update before receiving the increase in scholarship?? I wish my manuscript would get published already :'(

Congrats! I know this is a really particular question, but when you say full, do you mean $200k total, or is it 100% full tuition (~$260k)? All the scholarships I've seen on here are fractions (half, 3/4, or full), but mine was a specific dollar amount.

I'm asking to see how high they go and what they might match in terms of comparable offers from other schools

So should we be expecting some news this week? It seems like final decisions were supposed to go out by end of last week? I'm guessing at this point it's just waitlists and R's left?

Reactions: 3 users
I was accepted back in October without scholarship, nothing really to update except that I had an abstract get accepted. Only accepted to one other school that is not known for financial aid, but they are about 30k cheaper the last two year. Is there anything I can do to attempt a scholarship here? Should I wait for the financial aid package?

Last edited:
Anyone know when the rest of the decisions are going to be released? I interviewed back in August, haven't heard anything. just ready to move on with my life at this point

Reactions: 6 users
No idea what to expect. One time I had called said by the end of last week. The second time I called, they said by the end of March. I guess if we haven't heard anything back by March 15th, everyone is effectively on a WL till more seats open up

For accepted students, financial aid packages are supposed to come out by March 15, right?

Did you send in a post-acceptance update before receiving the increase in scholarship?? I wish my manuscript would get published already :'(
Yes, I did. The admissions committee said they would present it to the scholarship committee over the next few weeks and then got back to me with the big news (on a phone call)

Congrats! I know this is a really particular question, but when you say full, do you mean $200k total, or is it 100% full tuition (~$260k)? All the scholarships I've seen on here are fractions (half, 3/4, or full), but mine was a specific dollar amount.

I'm asking to see how high they go and what they might match in terms of comparable offers from other schools

Thank you! And they said 100% full tuition.

I was accepted back in October without scholarship, nothing really to update except that I had an abstract get accepted. Only accepted to one other school that is not known for financial aid, but they are about 30k cheaper the last two year. Is there anything I can do to attempt a scholarship here? Should I wait for the financial aid package?
I was also accepted in October, didn’t send in any updates, and got a scholarship offer last week. idk if that helps, but if you don’t have a big update to give them, I’d just wait it out and see what happens!

+1 WL. In the email they mentioned it was a selected group of individuals on the waitlist- seems like not everyone will be WLed?

Haven't gotten any email.... I wonder if that means rejection :(

+1 WL. In the email they mentioned it was a selected group of individuals on the waitlist- seems like not everyone will be WLed?

I'm glad to hear that, I'd rather be rejected than given false hope in the waitlist like other schools. I wonder if they'll send out R's today too or if they'll just be silent.

Edit: Well i guess that answers my question about the rejections.

Reactions: 3 users
Are they sending these out one by one....

the agony of following this thread and constantly checking my email

Reactions: 4 users
Did the admissions office go on lunch break or something and leave the rest of us hanging?

Maybe they went to go see the Match and might start again at 1 lol

WL! Surprised that they’re sending out Rs from past years threads it seemed like everyone not accepted got WL

I really need to stop keeping refreshing my portal and email...