2018-2019 Vanderbilt University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My portal has "secondary app" highlighted but not "under review." Is this the same for everybody who submitted their secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got verified late (7/20) and got the secondary screening email but no secondary. Maybe my GPA is just too low (3.3 525). Fingers crossed.

I got verified late (7/20) and got the secondary screening email but no secondary. Maybe my GPA is just too low (3.3 525). Fingers crossed.
yeah its your GPA, I added the school end of July and got secondary the next day

Reactions: 1 user
They have an autoscreen and holistic screen right? Or am I incorrect. Always so confusing what school has what screening criteria.
I’m not sure but I can tell ya the holistic screen wasn’t applied to me because I received the secondary at 4am which obviously seems auto

My portal has "secondary app" highlighted but not "under review." Is this the same for everybody who submitted their secondary?
Same over here

+1

SDN thread from last year says they did send rejections. Anyone know if they send secondary declines?

Weird request, lol. For anyone who has MSAR, what is their mean matriculated (not accepted) MCAT? Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad :)
They sent II starting mid august last year so that's coming up, but they sent secondaries a week earlier so who knows maybe they'll start II this week this year

Reactions: 2 users

Yup same! How do we know if they have received out letter?

My portal actually had "under review" highlighted right after I submitted the secondary yesterday but now it's not highlighted anymore, so I think we're fine? Or maybe it means they're done reviewing my app and decides to not look at it anymore :(

My portal actually had "under review" highlighted right after I submitted the secondary yesterday but now it's not highlighted anymore, so I think we're fine? Or maybe it means they're done reviewing my app and decides to not look at it anymore :(
Same actually, used to be kind of grey ish but now its just white lmao but i doubt it means anything

Uhhhhh so I now have the option to schedule an interview on the portal but I haven't gotten an email or anything. Anyone else have this? Looks like IIs started around this time last year so hoping this is real!

Reactions: 4 users
Uhhhhh so I now have the option to schedule an interview on the portal but I haven't gotten an email or anything. Anyone else have this? Looks like IIs started around this time last year so hoping this is real!
Schedule it now just in case lmaoo..but congrats i'm sure it is legit, complete date?

Complete 7/15

Congrats!!!

Last edited:
Just got the email! Real II

Reactions: 12 users
Was just wondering the same thing! For those who got II, how long was your app “under review?”

Any other II other than the superstar up in this thread?

Reactions: 2 users
II pretty far....still waiting for secondary; verified 7/28. Think its too long? Worth following up? Non trad 520/3.3c/3.86s

Any other II other than the superstar up in this thread?

II earlier today as well, LM 77-79, WARS ~95 (far from 'superstar' status)! Excited to visit Nashville and looking forward to meeting some of you there.

Reactions: 4 users
Complete dates for the two that got II?

Damn I was complete on 7/17, guess i didn't get this one

Damn I was complete on 7/17, guess i didn't get this one
It's the first wave, so to get one just takes some chance and killer luck, so you still have a lot of opportunities. :D Bet you'll get 1 later

Last edited:
It's the first wave, so to get in just takes some chance and killer luck, so you still have a lot of opportunities. :D Bet you'll get 1 later
ill take you on that bet friend

Current student here willing to take some questions since I found these kind of things helpful when I was applying. Interviews are starting in a couple of weeks here, from what I heard.

It took me a while to choose this place, but I have not at all regretted my choice. Seriously, I love it here. I'm constantly blown away by the continued benefits and resources I get as a student here. Plus Nashville is a ballin city.

Shoot me any questions you got about daily life or whatever is on your mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
YES! You're the first person to get the reference! Good luck to you, my friend!
Saw the show on Broadway last summer! LOVE IT, and the cast album is amazing.
Also, Derek Klena is a babe.
Anyways, best of luck to you as well :) hope our paths cross at some point this cycle!!

their automatic screen last year was 515 and 3.5 right? does anyone who's received a secondary already have below this?

3.63 cGPA, 3.58 sGPA, 513 MCAT, ORM

Added Vanderbilt to my school list on AMCAS yesterday at 10 AM. I got the application received message at 3 AM, along with the secondary invite lol

So I guess this means one of two things:

1. the auto screen is much lower than thought. Maybe GPA >3.5 and MCAT > 510?
2. I didn't make the auto-screen but something impressed them enough to send me a secondary at 3 AM

2 sounds reasonable.

Reactions: 1 users
For those with IIs, did your portal change to “under review” before you got the invite?