-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018-2019 Vanderbilt University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1My portal has "secondary app" highlighted but not "under review." Is this the same for everybody who submitted their secondary?
Yup same! How do we know if they have received out letter?My portal has "secondary app" highlighted but not "under review." Is this the same for everybody who submitted their secondary?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I still need to write my challenge one.
I got verified late (7/20) and got the secondary screening email but no secondary. Maybe my GPA is just too low (3.3 525). Fingers crossed.
champagnemamasita
Full Member
+1I got verified late (7/20) and got the secondary screening email but no secondary. Maybe my GPA is just too low (3.3 525). Fingers crossed.
yeah its your GPA, I added the school end of July and got secondary the next dayI got verified late (7/20) and got the secondary screening email but no secondary. Maybe my GPA is just too low (3.3 525). Fingers crossed.
They have an autoscreen and holistic screen right? Or am I incorrect. Always so confusing what school has what screening criteria.yeah its your GPA, I added the school end of July and got secondary the next day
I’m not sure but I can tell ya the holistic screen wasn’t applied to me because I received the secondary at 4am which obviously seems autoThey have an autoscreen and holistic screen right? Or am I incorrect. Always so confusing what school has what screening criteria.
MIfutballfan
Full Member
My portal has "secondary app" highlighted but not "under review." Is this the same for everybody who submitted their secondary?
Submitted Secondary on 7/28 and it is marked Complete on their portal.
Same over hereMy portal has "secondary app" highlighted but not "under review." Is this the same for everybody who submitted their secondary?
+1I got verified late (7/20) and got the secondary screening email but no secondary. Maybe my GPA is just too low (3.3 525). Fingers crossed.
SDN thread from last year says they did send rejections. Anyone know if they send secondary declines?
It’s 520Weird request, lol. For anyone who has MSAR, what is their mean matriculated (not accepted) MCAT? Thanks 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My portal has "secondary app" highlighted but not "under review." Is this the same for everybody who submitted their secondary?
Yup same! How do we know if they have received out letter?
My portal actually had "under review" highlighted right after I submitted the secondary yesterday but now it's not highlighted anymore, so I think we're fine? Or maybe it means they're done reviewing my app and decides to not look at it anymore 🙁
Same actually, used to be kind of grey ish but now its just white lmao but i doubt it means anythingMy portal actually had "under review" highlighted right after I submitted the secondary yesterday but now it's not highlighted anymore, so I think we're fine? Or maybe it means they're done reviewing my app and decides to not look at it anymore 🙁
Schedule it now just in case lmaoo..but congrats i'm sure it is legit, complete date?Uhhhhh so I now have the option to schedule an interview on the portal but I haven't gotten an email or anything. Anyone else have this? Looks like IIs started around this time last year so hoping this is real!
Congrats!!!Uhhhhh so I now have the option to schedule an interview on the portal but I haven't gotten an email or anything. Anyone else have this? Looks like IIs started around this time last year so hoping this is real!
Last edited:
ah snap i was complete 7/17 and don't have any option like that, my interview tab is still greyed outComplete 7/15
Congrats!!!!Just got the email! Real II
soillpremed
Full Member
Stats?Just got the email! Real II
CashewGirl
Full Member
Any MD PhD IIs?
Any other II other than the superstar up in this thread?
July/August vibes in a nutshell
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any other II other than the superstar up in this thread?
Yup got an II earlier today
violetwisdom
Full Member
Any other II other than the superstar up in this thread?
II earlier today as well, LM 77-79, WARS ~95 (far from 'superstar' status)! Excited to visit Nashville and looking forward to meeting some of you there.
II earlier today as well, LM 77-79, WARS ~95 (far from 'superstar' status)! Excited to visit Nashville and looking forward to meeting some of you there.
i guess its relative?

violetwisdom
Full Member
Complete dates for the two that got II?
Complete on 7/16
Complete dates for the two that got II?
Complete the 20th
It's the first wave, so to get one just takes some chance and killer luck, so you still have a lot of opportunities. 😀 Bet you'll get 1 laterDamn I was complete on 7/17, guess i didn't get this one
Last edited:
ill take you on that bet friendIt's the first wave, so to get in just takes some chance and killer luck, so you still have a lot of opportunities. 😀 Bet you'll get 1 later
Current student here willing to take some questions since I found these kind of things helpful when I was applying. Interviews are starting in a couple of weeks here, from what I heard.
It took me a while to choose this place, but I have not at all regretted my choice. Seriously, I love it here. I'm constantly blown away by the continued benefits and resources I get as a student here. Plus Nashville is a ballin city.
Shoot me any questions you got about daily life or whatever is on your mind.
It took me a while to choose this place, but I have not at all regretted my choice. Seriously, I love it here. I'm constantly blown away by the continued benefits and resources I get as a student here. Plus Nashville is a ballin city.
Shoot me any questions you got about daily life or whatever is on your mind.
Last edited:
inacrowdofthousands
Full Member
Does anyone know if Vandy admissions accepts employment/activity updates after secondary submission?
Yeah they do through email!Does anyone know if Vandy admissions accepts employment/activity updates after secondary submission?
Through email I believe!!Does anyone know if Vandy admissions accepts employment/activity updates after secondary submission?
Also, love the username. Anastasia???
inacrowdofthousands
Full Member
YES! You're the first person to get the reference! Good luck to you, my friend!Through email I believe!!
Also, love the username. Anastasia???
Saw the show on Broadway last summer! LOVE IT, and the cast album is amazing.YES! You're the first person to get the reference! Good luck to you, my friend!
Also, Derek Klena is a babe.
Anyways, best of luck to you as well 🙂 hope our paths cross at some point this cycle!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
their automatic screen last year was 515 and 3.5 right? does anyone who's received a secondary already have below this?
3.63 cGPA, 3.58 sGPA, 513 MCAT, ORM
Added Vanderbilt to my school list on AMCAS yesterday at 10 AM. I got the application received message at 3 AM, along with the secondary invite lol
So I guess this means one of two things:
1. the auto screen is much lower than thought. Maybe GPA >3.5 and MCAT > 510?
2. I didn't make the auto-screen but something impressed them enough to send me a secondary at 3 AM
2 sounds reasonable.
Beluga32313
New Member
Just got an II! So excited 🙂
Congratulations! One of my top choices.... Mind sharing stats?Just got an II! So excited 🙂
plzletmeintomedschool
Full Member
Just got an II! Complete 7/25, LM 76
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K