You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018-2019 Vanderbilt University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Beluga32313
New Member
Complete 7/24, LM:77 WARS:105 🙂Congratulations! One of my top choices.... Mind sharing stats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Beluga32313
New Member
Not that I can rememberFor those with IIs, did your portal change to “under review” before you got the invite?
Congrats! Complete date?II! LM 78, OOS 🙂 Hope to see you all there!
Thank you! I believe 7/23—not 100% sure but that’s what I remember off the top of my head 🙂Congrats! Complete date?
wareagle34
Full Member
Submitted 8/11 - autobiography took me forever. MCAT 518, cGPA 3.91. In state. Just hope I didn't screw myself over by taking too long on secondary 😎
Anybody know when they stop sending out secondaries? Verified 06/04; Figured I wouldn't pass the auto-screen but hoped I'd pass a manual one if there was one...
geriatricluver
Full Member
Same thing happened to me, and because I was neurotically checking my portals earlier, I noticed that this happened within the past hour. Prooooobably means nothing? We'll see.My application went from "under review" (which I assume means my app was complete) back to "secondary received" again... Any insight as to what this means?
Complete dates? My portal still has "Under Review" highlighted.Same thing happened to me, and because I was neurotically checking my portals earlier, I noticed that this happened within the past hour. Prooooobably means nothing? We'll see.
geriatricluver
Full Member
Complete 7/17. Also, I checked again and the "under review" tab has the clock icon again and the associated message. Weird, I don't know why it switched back and forth.Complete dates? My portal still has "Under Review" highlighted.
Complete dates? My portal still has "Under Review" highlighted.
I completed the secondary 7/25, then on 8/17 my letters of rec were sent in by my school and that's when I saw the clock icon with "under review" highlighted. But it's been back on secondary completed the last few times I've (neurotically) checked.
Complete 7/15 and I'm still not marked Under Review... anyone else in the same boat? I'm considering sending an email to admissions but don't want to come off as annoying
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you end up emailing them?Complete 7/15 and I'm still not marked Under Review... anyone else in the same boat? I'm considering sending an email to admissions but don't want to come off as annoying
D
deleted682597
I'm a current 2nd year at Vandy, and I'm available to answer questions about the school, Nashville, and the meaning of life.
Post your inquiries here or send me a DM. I also answered a few questions last year, so that thread may be useful as well.
I'll try to check this thread every few days.
Best of luck to everyone!
Post your inquiries here or send me a DM. I also answered a few questions last year, so that thread may be useful as well.
I'll try to check this thread every few days.
Best of luck to everyone!
Did you end up emailing them?
I’ve also been complete since around then an I’m not “under review”. Is this something we should ask about?
Hey! Thank you for reaching out. I just wanted to ask, what was the timeline of you applying and then getting the II and eventual acceptance? I was complete 7/17 and people around/slightly after my complete date have gotten II but I haven't yet so I'm worried i've already gotten passed over. Thank you in advance!I'm a current 2nd year at Vandy, and I'm available to answer questions about the school, Nashville, and the meaning of life.
Post your inquiries here or send me a DM. I also answered a few questions last year, so that thread may be useful as well.
I'll try to check this thread every few days.
Best of luck to everyone!
FYI.... Been complete since July 16Hey! Thank you for reaching out. I just wanted to ask, what was the timeline of you applying and then getting the II and eventual acceptance? I was complete 7/17 and people around/slightly after my complete date have gotten II but I haven't yet so I'm worried i've already gotten passed over. Thank you in advance!
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
And no wordFYI.... Been complete since July 16
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I'm a current 2nd year at Vandy, and I'm available to answer questions about the school, Nashville, and the meaning of life.
Post your inquiries here or send me a DM. I also answered a few questions last year, so that thread may be useful as well.
I'll try to check this thread every few days.
Best of luck to everyone!
Hey! I have my vandy interview (first one of the cycle) very soon, and I was wondering if you had any thoughts or advice about interview day? Feel free to DM me if you’d rather talk that way. Thank you so much! 🙂
Hey! Thank you for reaching out. I just wanted to ask, what was the timeline of you applying and then getting the II and eventual acceptance? I was complete 7/17 and people around/slightly after my complete date have gotten II but I haven't yet so I'm worried i've already gotten passed over. Thank you in advance!
I had my primary in by June, secondary came in about a month, interview invitation came about 6 or so weeks after. Decisions get released in 2 waves, one in December and one in February. I had my interview in November but the decisions from that date got deferred to the second release date.
Don't sweat if you are not at all on this timeline - some people get decisions earlier than others, so it doesn't mean you aren't being reviewed if it has been a while. I'd recommend contacting the admissions office since they are very communicative and transparent about the process. I will also mention that quite a few of my peers got in off the waitlist, so it is definitely an active one.
My application is actually under review now (complete mid July), not sure when exactly it started being reviewed, maybe yesterday or today.
To the people who received II, do you remember about how long you were under review before receiving the II?
Does being under review mean that the "Under Review" tab is green? Mine just has a clock sign next to it.
Does being under review mean that the "Under Review" tab is green? Mine just has a clock sign next to it.
Mine is just a clock. But a box pops up that says like you’re under review, we’ll email you if you’re chosen for an interview
Mine is just a clock. But a box pops up that says like you’re under review, we’ll email you if you’re chosen for an interview
Gotcha, but was there a period when your app was complete but not under review? I'm pretty sure the box popped up saying that you're under review right after I submitted/completed the application.
Gotcha, but was there a period when your app was complete but not under review? I'm pretty sure the box popped up saying that you're under review right after I submitted/completed the application.
Yeah, I’m almost positive the little clock only showed up in the last couple days
Not really sure if it means anything to be honest I’m just getting really antsy haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you end up emailing them?
I emailed them today – I got a reply pretty quickly, basically saying that my application is under review (despite that not showing up on the portal), and that the review process typically takes 4-6 weeks.
i'm almost at 6 weeks so I guess i'm outta hereI emailed them today – I got a reply pretty quickly, basically saying that my application is under review (despite that not showing up on the portal), and that the review process typically takes 4-6 weeks.
Dr. Mike Trout
Full Member
Same. Well f...i'm almost at 6 weeks so I guess i'm outta here
Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile
Do ppl know if that means within 4-6 weeks we will know either II or R?
They can always hold...so I doubt they're saying that a clear-cut answer will be given in that time frame. I do wish medical schools were more transparent about the process for the mental health of the applicants.
Complete date?II just now!!! OOS LM 75+ ORM
July 16thComplete date?
got an interview here at 4:50 pm! Worked really hard on my autobiography for this and was very open in it about everything so I'm super happy it paid off. Also ended it in a fun way and didn't really mention anything about medicine in the autobiography at all for those in the future who do this secondary. I stuck to non medicine stuff about my life since (although i did talk about death) since the personal statement already discusses medicine related stuff.
You're on timeJust submitted this, am I considered late? This secondary took forever
bless you, should've mentioned I'm a Canadian applicant - does that make it harder? I know Vanderbilt's pretty Canadian friendlyYou're on time
I literally copy pasted my UCSD autobiography verbatim lol. Also, didn't really talk about why medicine. I focused on stories that potentially made me unique from other applicants.got an interview here at 4:50 pm! Worked really hard on my autobiography for this and was very open in it about everything so I'm super happy it paid off. Also ended it in a fun way and didn't really mention anything about medicine in the autobiography at all for those in the future who do this secondary. I stuck to non medicine stuff about my life since (although i did talk about death) since the personal statement already discusses medicine related stuff.
i didn't apply to ucsd but i did here they had a similar secondaryI literally copy pasted my UCSD autobiography verbatim lol. Also, didn't really talk about why medicine. I focused on stories that potentially made me unique from other applicants.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here. I got an II from UCSD and silence from Vandy... Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.I used the same autobiography for Vandy and UCSD and got an II here and a soft reject from UCSD. Nice.
still haven't received a secondary ... primary application notice ... 8/1 ... should i be concerned ... vandy was a long shot anyways with being a re-inventor applicant
I’m not entirely familiar, but I don’t believe that it affects the timeline so much as their overall assessment. At this point there’s no sense in worrying about itbless you, should've mentioned I'm a Canadian applicant - does that make it harder? I know Vanderbilt's pretty Canadian friendly
Perkinjeboy
Full Member
Does speaking with a diversity officer have any bearing on admissions decisions? I consider myself diverse, though opted not to meet with the department.
Does speaking with a diversity officer have any bearing on admissions decisions? I consider myself diverse, though opted not to meet with the department.
No it does not. Most schools offer this option in case some students want to see what resources the school has to offer and stuff like that. I also decided not to meet with them.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K