You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Arizona, Phoenix
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
getting anxious. Anyone IS not hear anything yet?
I’m IS and haven’t heard anything but it’s still early !getting anxious. Anyone IS not hear anything yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m IS and haven’t heard anything but it’s still early !
Same here, with stats above the median. Still early, but nearly 1/3 of interviews have gone out, and this was one I hoped to hear from early on.
It’s tough because their class size is small relative to other med schools :/Same here, with stats above the median. Still early, but nearly 1/3 of interviews have gone out, and this was one I hoped to hear from early on.
I heard in the coming year or so they will increase their class size.It’s tough because their class size is small relative to other med schools :/
Wait how many people do they usually interview? On their interview tracker on the admissions website it said they only sent out 99 interviews so farSame here, with stats above the median. Still early, but nearly 1/3 of interviews have gone out, and this was one I hoped to hear from early on.
Wait how many people do they usually interview? On their interview tracker on the admissions website it said they only sent out 99 interviews so far
I was thinking 300,but after looking back at the email, it's 360 they plan to interview over 11 dates.
Ah actually yes 1/3 makes sense now cus MSAR they interviewed about 330. And totally missed that part of the secondary invitation email. But I think they’re sending them quite slowly because that interview tracker hasn’t changed in a while!I was thinking 300,but after looking back at the email, it's 360 they plan to interview over 11 dates.
II today! Holy crap — did not expect this on Labor Day??? I am beyond thrilled [emoji24][emoji173]️
+1!II today! Holy crap — did not expect this on Labor Day??? I am beyond thrilled [emoji24][emoji173]️
Is there only one date showing for you? I’m not able to make the one that’s showing for me so I’m really hoping they’ll open more dates up
merakimed
Full Member
+1!
Is there only one date showing for you? I’m not able to make the one that’s showing for me so I’m really hoping they’ll open more dates up
when were you guys complete?? also, congrats!!
Thank you! Complete 7/16, OOSwhen were you guys complete?? also, congrats!!
+1!
Is there only one date showing for you? I’m not able to make the one that’s showing for me so I’m really hoping they’ll open more dates up
Yeah, I only have 9/23 available! Fortunately, I have no conflicts.
when were you guys complete?? also, congrats!!
Thank you! I was complete 8/06!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it unusual that I submitted my secondary on 7/17 but still haven't received a complete email?
I never received a complete email, but got an II
Can anyone comment on how the interview went? Any tips?
I thought it was extremely pleasant! The MMI is the first part of the day (which is nice to have out of the way) and the rest of the day is touring the school and talking to students. All of the questions were very fair! Haven’t had many interviews to compare to, but all of the current students had said it was their most relaxed interview of their cycles. Just be excited and be yourself!
Interview next Monday on 9/23 -- super nervous and scared 😳 anyone in the same shoes? lol Anyone have input about UACOM-P interviews? advice? would appreciate it all bc this is one of my top choices :')
Schrodinger's Chat
Full Member
II today! OOS, Complete 7/29. Interviewing on 10/7.
I interviewed in late August and haven’t heard back so I would take this with a grain of salt. I found that it helped me personally to recognize that interviews are supposed to cause some amount of anxiety for everyone. If you are nervous and scared, I think that is quite normal. Know that there is good chance that others are too. I also think being genuine and thoughtful while being true to yourself can go a long way. Sending you positive vibes!Interview next Monday on 9/23 -- super nervous and scared 😳 anyone in the same shoes? lol Anyone have input about UACOM-P interviews? advice? would appreciate it all bc this is one of my top choices :')
Last edited:
I interviewed in late August and haven’t heard back so I would take this with a grain of salt. I found that it helped me personally to recognize that interviews are supposed to cause some amount of anxiety for everyone. If you are nervous and scared, I think that is quite normal. Know that there is good chance that others are too. I also think being genuine and thoughtful while being true to yourself can go a long way. Sending you positive vibes!
Thank you for the reassurance. I appreciate you!
Do you know if we are able to bring a notepad to take notes for the 2 minute prep session?
Thank you for the reassurance. I appreciate you!
Do you know if we are able to bring a notepad to take notes for the 2 minute prep session?
You are given a notepad/pen at the beginning of the interview day, but are made to leave them in an anteroom during the MMI. No notes allowed during that time.
Do they have a student host program?
Do they have a student host program?
Yes
Someoneladoo
Full Member
Hi did anyone else get an email encouraging them to apply because they are expanding the class?
Yes you can. I contacted the admissions office for the same reason and they encouraged me to submit my secondary.If I am past the deadline mentioned in the email, but the secondary says due 10/8, can I still fill it out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there a reason for the double entries for Biology, English, and Behavioral Sciences?
Also, under prerequisites they require 1 Behavioral Sciences course, but under the entry, it requires a minimum of 2 grades. Is this a mistake? I'm sorry for the confusion x)
Also, under prerequisites they require 1 Behavioral Sciences course, but under the entry, it requires a minimum of 2 grades. Is this a mistake? I'm sorry for the confusion x)
Is there somewhere we can find it, or will they email us about it when it gets closer to the interview date?
Is there somewhere we can find it, or will they email us about it when it gets closer to the interview date?
Hi, if you read the II email, they included a link to request for student overnight hosting under the Lodging/Transportation Options part of the email!
Hi did anyone else get an email encouraging them to apply because they are expanding the class?
I did. I'm assuming everyone with an incomplete secondary got one, probably.
I did. I'm assuming everyone with an incomplete secondary got one, probably.
Did they say how much they are expanding the class? I know their 5-year plan is to get to 120 students, but I have not seen how many they want to add per year.
Did they say how much they are expanding the class? I know their 5-year plan is to get to 120 students, but I have not seen how many they want to add per year.
They said they're hoping to expand to 100 this year with a goal of 120 down the road
Last edited:
damn well I knew they were expanding but that's great it's happening now. Still, haven't heard anything though haha.
Butterknut
Full Member
A few weeks ago I got an email from here saying I didn't fulfill the physio requirement (I took autonomic physio) so unless I take it within the cycle, I'm out of the running. I didn't respond because I don't have time for a whole physio course. Then they sent another email today saying the same thing. I responded this time saying I can't fulfill it and got an immediate response saying I fulfilled the requirement....did this happen to anyone else?
We learned about physiology in my general bio classes...I wonder if that's ok. Does anyone have experience with that?
I had a friend who got that email and they didn’t accept gen bio to fulfill the requirement...but worth asking maybe your course had a different outline that aligns more with what they’re looking forWe learned about physiology in my general bio classes...I wonder if that's ok. Does anyone have experience with that?
Thanks. That's really annoying. We spent a TON of time on physio! Maybe I'll just wait until they contact me either way 😉I had a friend who got that email and they didn’t accept gen bio to fulfill the requirement...but worth asking maybe your course had a different outline that aligns more with what they’re looking for
D
deleted910929
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your completion date?II received today! OOS
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your completion date?
08/09
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got an interview today!! Complete 8/1, LM ~71 and IS.
has anyone been rejected by this school yet?
Which one is higher ranked: UA Tucson or UA Phoenix?
InsertBasicUsername
Full Member
UA Phoenix has higher stats, and I believe it's also ranked slightly higher but not by muchWhich one is higher ranked: UA Tucson or UA Phoenix?
victoryatlast8
Full Member
Has anyone gotten a post-II rejection yet? Interviewed last month and am hoping that silence until the 15th is a good sign