2023-2024 Arizona - Phoenix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
2023-2024 Arizona - Phoenix Secondary Essay Prompts (Interviews this year are in-person)

1. I previously applied to any medical school yes/no (select yes if you submitted a primary or secondary application).
If yes, please provide specific examples that illustrate how you are a stronger applicant this cycle. (1000 characters)

2. What achievement are you most proud of in your life? What aspect(s) of this achievement will you bring to our medical school? (1000 characters)

3. The UA College of Medicine - Phoenix practices Inclusive Excellence, which celebrates the differences, talents, and unique qualities of all individuals. Please describe how you will pursue Inclusive Excellence in your studies while contributing to the collaborative environment at the College of Medicine - Phoenix. (1000 characters)

4. Servant Leadership is a Core Value and Attribute we deem essential for our students to possess. To us, it is service to others where one possesses personal humility along with a strong professional will. Describe a time where you have practiced this skill or have seen this in another. What traits were exemplified, and how will you apply these traits to your career in medicine? (1000 characters)

5. Throughout your application you have given us a sense of how you intend to contribute to the UA College of Medicine – Phoenix. We would now like to know about how you anticipate the UA College of Medicine – Phoenix will contribute to your goals and passion for medicine. What aspects of our program and community appeals most to you, and how do you plan to make use of specific resources and opportunities here? (1000 characters)

6. Please reflect on your entire application, is there anything you would like to further share with the Admissions Committee? Items to consider: connection(s) to Phoenix and/or our medical community, your plan during this application season, gap(s) in your education, personal, academic, or COVID-related challenges. Do not repeat any information already mentioned in the primary or secondary applications. (1000 characters)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:
University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix Interview Feedback

Arizona Phoenix ADMISSIONS TRACKER

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Anyone else get an email about their app being under review?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
IS secondary invite received

Reactions: 1 user
For the course prereqs, do we basically pick one class for each section? Or do we list every class that would qualify?

For the course prereqs, do we basically pick one class for each section? Or do we list every class that would qualify?
From a thread from last year: “I did in the middle, not everything, but a bit above the minimum.”

Members don't see this ad :)
are the questions the same as last year's?
@wysdoc 2023-24 Secondary Application Essay Prompts

I previously applied to any medical school (select yes if you submitted a primary or secondary application).
If yes, please provide specific examples that illustrate how you are a stronger applicant this cycle. (1000 characters)

What achievement are you most proud of in your life? What aspect(s) of this achievement will you bring to our medical school? (1000 characters)

The UA College of Medicine - Phoenix practices Inclusive Excellence, which celebrates the differences, talents, and unique qualities of all individuals. Please describe how you will pursue Inclusive Excellence in your studies while contributing to the collaborative environment at the College of Medicine - Phoenix. (1000 characters)

Servant Leadership is a Core Value and Attribute we deem essential for our students to possess. To us, it is service to others where one possesses personal humility along with a strong professional will. Describe a time where you have practiced this skill or have seen this in another. What traits were exemplified, and how will you apply these traits to your career in medicine? (1000 characters)

Throughout your application you have given us a sense of how you intend to contribute to the UA College of Medicine – Phoenix. We would now like to know about how you anticipate the UA College of Medicine – Phoenix will contribute to your goals and passion for medicine. What aspects of our program and community appeals most to you, and how do you plan to make use of specific resources and opportunities here? (1000 characters)

Please reflect on your entire application, is there anything you would like to further share with the Admissions Committee? Items to consider: connection(s) to Phoenix and/or our medical community, your plan during this application season, gap(s) in your education, personal, academic, or COVID-related challenges. Do not repeat any information already mentioned in the primary or secondary applications. (1000 characters)

submitted everything. will they send an email that my application is complete (including LORs)? No way to tell from the portal if they marked my application as totally complete.

submitted everything. will they send an email that my application is complete (including LORs)? No way to tell from the portal if they marked my application as totally complete.
Just got an email that my completed secondary application was received.

Im so stuck on this secondary for some reason. How are you guys approaching the Servant Leadership question? Should we focus on leadership or a service experience?

Im so stuck on this secondary for some reason. How are you guys approaching the Servant Leadership question? Should we focus on leadership or a service experience?
Was kind of annoying question to answer tbh. IIRC you should try tie in both service and leadership to it. I tried writing about someone else I observed because I felt like it would come off weird if i spoke about myself.

Servant Leadership is a Core Value and Attribute we deem essential for our students to possess. To us, it is service to others where one possesses personal humility along with a strong professional will.
It's an alternate description of Service Orientation. "Leadership" is not involved at all except perhaps as modeling desired characteristics... i.e., humility.

Anyone keep having payment declined when trying to submit? Have tried multiple cards and they work fine for other schools so assume this is a specific issue here.

Anyone keep having payment declined when trying to submit? Have tried multiple cards and they work fine for other schools so assume this is a specific issue here.
I got my first card declined too -- if the info helps, they wouldn't take my Amex but did take my Visa

Same issue here. They didn't take any of my Visa cards, don't have any others lol
I actually recalled incorrectly, they declined my Amex but took my Mastercard, I never tried my Visa

I actually recalled incorrectly, they declined my Amex but took my Mastercard, I never tried my Visa
Has anyone gotten their fee waiver declined too? I'm so confused, I have FAP but i can't submit because my payment keeps declining :/

Has anyone gotten their fee waiver declined too? I'm so confused, I have FAP but i can't submit because my payment keeps declining :/
AMCAS takes FAP but individual medical schools may not, or may require you to ask them first.
Search the site for this school to see.

AMCAS takes FAP but individual medical schools may not, or may require you to ask them first.
Search the site for this school to see.
UA-Phoenix does take fap as it displays the waiver as my selected payment, but come time for submission it's getting declined. I'm stuck in a bit of a loop of being unable to submit my application overall :(. * Tried refreshing, clearing cookies, etc.
Per UA's website if anyone else is experiencing the same issue:
"To strengthen our holistic review process, the college will invite applicants to provide additional insight about their fit with our medical school, as well as the opportunity to describe how their prior experiences will contribute to the college's mission and core value of inclusive excellence. A photograph and a non-refundable $95 fee will be required to process the supplemental application. Applicants who qualify for the Fee Assistance Program through AMCAS will be eligible for a fee waiver. Privacy Policy (PDF)."

UA-Phoenix does take fap as it displays the waiver as my selected payment, but come time for submission it's getting declined. I'm stuck in a bit of a loop of being unable to submit my application overall :(. * Tried refreshing, clearing cookies, etc.
Per UA's website if anyone else is experiencing the same issue:
"To strengthen our holistic review process, the college will invite applicants to provide additional insight about their fit with our medical school, as well as the opportunity to describe how their prior experiences will contribute to the college's mission and core value of inclusive excellence. A photograph and a non-refundable $95 fee will be required to process the supplemental application. Applicants who qualify for the Fee Assistance Program through AMCAS will be eligible for a fee waiver. Privacy Policy (PDF)."
next step is to wait for a weekday and call the office

Just received an email from them stating that there are issues with the system right now regarding the fee submissions. We will reach out when it is fixed.

Anyone think they'll start releasing IIs this week? I was lurking on last year's thread and they were released around this time.

Anyone think they'll start releasing IIs this week? I was lurking on last year's thread and they were released around this time.
Yeah II’s started on the 11th last year, I’m thinking next week since the AMCAS transmission date this year was 5 days later.

Last edited:
I have a feeling interview invites will start coming tomorrow. Putting this out to the universe lol will check to see if I'm right in 24 hours

• Care
  • Haha
I have a feeling interview invites will start coming tomorrow. Putting this out to the universe lol will check to see if I'm right in 24 hours
Last year they came out last week so hopefully

no way really?! im emotionally unprepared lol
I was wrong about the interview invite predictions, I guess they're taking a little more time this year. I'm also emotionally unprepared lol so I guess we have a little more time to relax haha. Best of luck to you!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
IS II!!!!!! First one of this cycle for me at my top choice 😭😭

Reactions: 5 users
Can the OOS interviewees kindly volunteer what their state of residence or region is? Trying to figure out if I have a chance as a resident of the southeast region.

IS II; 8/21 was also the only option for me!

Congrats and good luck to all II's so far! Any of yall mind sharing when you were complete?

dang complete 6/30 and high stat but no interview lol