2019-2020 Arizona, Phoenix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone gotten a post-II rejection yet? Interviewed last month and am hoping that silence until the 15th is a good sign

I don’t think any decision regardless of R or A or WL will be released until after 10/15 :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I GOT THE CALL!!!! I am absolutely over the moon! Very best of luck to everyone!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!!!! IS can't wait to potentially come to school here I had such an amazing interview experience!

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted this morning! Lovely phone call; so excited!! IS, interviewed 8/12. Congrats to everyone and best of luck in the rest of your cycle!

Reactions: 6 users
Just got the post interview R. Really sad as this was my number one choice :(

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Got a “Held for Further Consideration” email, which is a pretty huge bummer :( IS, interviewed 8/12, definitely my top choice. I guess on the bright side the email says the next date they will update is October 21, which is super soon!

Got that post interview R. My tears dried quickly because I also got an acceptance today to my top choice!!!

Reactions: 5 users
For those of you with the post-interview "hold for further consideration" status, try not to fret too much! I got the same email a few times before getting the acceptance call in mid-November (interviewed in August). I have classmates that heard back after one week, and others that didn't hear back till spring. Just wanted to let you guys know that unfortunately you can't really know what to predict. -current MS2 at UA-COMP (feel free to ask me any other questions you have along the way)

Reactions: 3 users
R just now, pre-II, complete early August, OOS so I didn’t have high hopes especially since they only interview ~360 people

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
R just now as well. This one hurts a little bit ngl. OOS

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Dang any acceptance calls today?? Was deferred last week and the lack of update so far has me (probably unrealistically) optimistic...

Dang any acceptance calls today?? Was deferred last week and the lack of update so far has me (probably unrealistically) optimistic...

Were u deferred again today? -- did u get another email?

An out of state buddy of mine got a call early in the AM!

Were u deferred again today? -- did u get another email?

An out of state buddy of mine got a call early in the AM!

Ah I have not received an update yet but it does seem they are sticking to their tradition of calling in the AM/sending Rs and holds in the PM. Their hold email last week did say to expect some update on 10/21 so maybe I’ll just get the email in the next 75 minutes or tomorrow

9/23 interview and haven't heard anything yet today :(

Got the deferred until 11/4 email a day later.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Does Phoenix reject applicants? Or does it go with the “soft R” route?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does Phoenix reject applicants? Or does it go with the “soft R” route?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

10 posts up will answer the question.

Edit: This came off more ***hole-like than I expected. They have sent both pre-II rejections and post-interview rejections.

Last edited:
Did anyone who sent a thank you email after interviewing get multiple replies, including one from Dr. Fogerty?

I did! I love your cat picture by the way. Had a black cat of my own too :happy:

Ok, just wanted to make sure I shouldn't read too much into it. Lol. Noche sends her thanks for your cat comment.

Anyone who applied in early September hear back yet? I know its been only over a month, but I'm curious...

Does Arizona have a way to check the status of your app? I am OOS, complete 8/13.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know why my portal now has two check marks next to every section instead of 1? Is that just a glitch or does that mean they have reviewed my app? Haven't received an II yet.

Anyone know why my portal now has two check marks next to every section instead of 1? Is that just a glitch or does that mean they have reviewed my app? Haven't received an II yet.
Hmm mine does that too now. When were you complete?
Mine has that for everything EXCEPT the last thing (that it's complete). I'm guessing it's a glitch, tbh.

Hey guys, I finished my secondary August 7th and received a confirmation the same day that they received confirmation of it. LM 70 and I haven't heard anything since then. No rejection, no waitlist, no II's. Is anyone else on the same boat? Just assumed that I would've received a rejection by now if I didn't receive an interview.

Hey guys, I finished my secondary August 7th and received a confirmation the same day that they received confirmation of it. LM 70 and I haven't heard anything since then. No rejection, no waitlist, no II's. Is anyone else on the same boat? Just assumed that I would've received a rejection by now if I didn't receive an interview.
I wouldn't freak out. I think it's normal, tbh. I'm in your spot, too. Hopefully we'll hear good news soon!

Just got Pre-II R through email. Secondary submitted 8/2. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

Anyone who sent thank you cards/emails hear back yet after interview? I was a little unsure what to write because it was MMI!

Anyone who sent thank you cards/emails hear back yet after interview? I was a little unsure what to write because it was MMI!

I sent physical thank you cards, and never heard back. Sent ~6 weeks ago. Some people have mentioned hearing back (from multiple people) after sending thank you e-mails.

lol to my deferred crew, I hope we hear good news today haha

• Love
Has anyone from 10/07 interview date heard anything yet?

lol deferred again till nov 18

+1

at this point I don’t know if I like these frequent updates because I feel like I’m just getting passed over more often

A buddy of mine interviewed in August last year and didn’t get accepted until January! The waiting game is cruel, but I trust the process and if it’s meant to be, it’ll all work itself out haha! You got this ❤️❤️

How do you know you were deferred? Is this something that happens post-interview?

Yup, they send an email for deferrals (waitlist essentially) and call for accepts. They then review you every 2 weeks and you get another email or A.

Reactions: 2 users