-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Arizona, Phoenix
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
IS haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully, I hear something good this is my number one choice and in my backyard.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would you happen to know when OOS IIs go out?Hey Y’all... newly minted MS1 here. Happy to answer any questions that I can.
I don't have an exact date, but I remember last year OOS II's were a little behind IS. However, it wasn't long delayed.Would you happen to know when OOS IIs go out?
I will say that the Phx ADCOM is very organized in their process so if something seems troubling to you don't stress they are working on it and unlike a lot of schools always keep you in the loop.
OOS and just got an II !!!!!!
Well, I guess that answers the previous question! Congrats!
Congrats!!!! Would you mind sharing your stats?OOS and just got an II !!!!!!
Congrats!!!! Would you mind sharing your stats?
3.86 gpa, 515 mcat, from a neighboring state (Colorado)
OOS II just now! 8/26 is so close!
Oh no! I would call them right now. I think they are fairly understanding, and depending on the reason, they should have no problem in rescheduling. Best of luck!Ok so what if we can’t go to the one interview date we are offered...
Do they send out complete emails? I haven't gotten one yet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1Do they send out complete emails? I haven't gotten one yet
I don't think they do.Do they send out complete emails? I haven't gotten one yet
I'd imagine they would let you reschedule.Ok so what if we can’t go to the one interview date we are offered...
They do! I just got a complete email and I submitted 2 days ago.Do they send out complete emails? I haven't gotten one yet
Interesting, I only got a "Secondary Received" e-mail and I submitted 7/26. Though it does say "We look forward to continuing the review of your application, and we hope to have the opportunity to invite you to campus in the near future."They do! I just got a complete email and I submitted 2 days ago.
Did you receive something different?
Nope that’s the one I got too! But it says we received your completed application so I took it as an application complete/received email all in one lolInteresting, I only got a "Secondary Received" e-mail and I submitted 7/26. Though it does say "We look forward to continuing the review of your application, and we hope to have the opportunity to invite you to campus in the near future."
Did you receive something different?
I submitted 7/17 and haven't even received that email...Interesting, I only got a "Secondary Received" e-mail and I submitted 7/26. Though it does say "We look forward to continuing the review of your application, and we hope to have the opportunity to invite you to campus in the near future."
Did you receive something different?
Submitted 7/16 and same here, no submission confirmation/complete email even though all LoRs were sent via AMCAS in JuneI submitted 7/17 and haven't even received that email...
steezymcfrosterton
Full Member
I called to try and reschedule mine and they said that they only offer additional dates if there are "severe extenuating circumstances"Ok so what if we can’t go to the one interview date we are offered...
I called to try and reschedule mine and they said that they only offer additional dates if there are "severe extenuating circumstances"
I emailed them and explained my circumstances, and they were able to offer me an alternate date!
steezymcfrosterton
Full Member
Nice! Must've been more important than mine lolI emailed them and explained my circumstances, and they were able to offer me an alternate date!
When did you submit? I don't know if there is a direct correlation to which applications they review when. I got a "secondary received" email from them on 8/1, so I was absolutely flabbergasted that I got an II that quickly. But don't fret - I drove myself crazy last cycle trying to determine a pattern to predict when I might hear back from schools, and was never right. So don't get discouraged!When were you complete? I'm also IS and trying to gauge which applications they've reviewed already (since they don't have status updates available on the portal)!
Yes, this morning after choosing my date yesterday.For those who scheduled an interview, did you receive a confirmation email confirming your date and with additional details about the interview day?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same hereYes, this morning after choosing my date yesterday.
I'm having trouble with the humility prompt.... any one of have any ideas on what to write about?
EatYoVeggies23
Full Member
The servant leadership one?I'm having trouble with the humility prompt.... any one of have any ideas on what to write about?
I wrote about growing up poor with unhealthy life choices (bad diet, no exercise, overweight etc). Got into rock climbing and competitions and placed/won some comps. How I turned it around and live a healthier life style now.Hope everyone is doing well. Was just wondering about the achievement prompt? I am kind of stuck and don't have many ideas other than writing about my Bachelor's Degree (which I feel like is so common or cliché) anyone willing to offer up an example or an idea?
Last edited:
merakimed
Full Member
I'm having trouble with the humility prompt.... any one of have any ideas on what to write about?
I wrote about my mother being a companion to the elderly and constantly caring about the needs of others while maintaining a humble attitude. I found it easiest to write about this due to my volunteer experiences with the elderly, but any volunteering you have done would be a good place to start. Think of a time where you were committed to serving others, with no repayment or gain on your part. What did you learn from that? What does being humble mean to you? Stuff like that! Good luck!
I haven't fulfilled one of their course requirements and I got an email yesterday from the school stating "In order to be considered for admission into the medical school entering class of 2020, it is important to know when you plan to complete these course(s). Please respond to this email message by _______ with your plans so that we can continue processing your application. Until we hear from you, your application will be on hold."
Anyone else who have not fulfilled their requirements receive this?
Anyone else who have not fulfilled their requirements receive this?
I haven't fulfilled one of their course requirements and I got an email yesterday from the school stating "In order to be considered for admission into the medical school entering class of 2020, it is important to know when you plan to complete these course(s). Please respond to this email message by _______ with your plans so that we can continue processing your application. Until we hear from you, your application will be on hold."
Anyone else who have not fulfilled their requirements receive this?
Yeah, I just emailed them with the course name, school, and term that I plan to fulfill it.
merakimed
Full Member
FYI: Talked to admissions and the next wave of IIs will go out on Monday, the 19th!
That happens to be my birthday. This is one of my top choices, how great of a birthday present it would be to get an interview invite. Fingers crossed, #justpremedthings 😆 good luck to everyone!
top choice for me too. goodluck c:That happens to be my birthday. This is one of my top choices, how great of a birthday present it would be to get an interview invite. Fingers crossed, #justpremedthings 😆 good luck to everyone!
BillieGirl
New Member
II this morning! IS, complete 8/2
II this morning! IS, complete 8/2
Did you get a complete email, or is that based on when you submitted? I hate the AAMC portal by the way.
BillieGirl
New Member
8/2 is the date that I got the "Secondary Application Received" email, which I think was the same day I submitted if I remember correctlyDid you get a complete email, or is that based on when you submitted? I hate the AAMC portal by the way.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
steezymcfrosterton
Full Member
Most people were there for mine, it was really chill I'm glad I went. It was nice getting to talk to current students and also getting to know some of the other people interviewing made the interviews the next day a little less stressful.Does anyone know if most people attend the welcome reception the night before the interview? Is it recommended to go?
Where do you see this information?Looks like more interviews went out on Monday. Seems they've filled about a third of their interview spots according to the 300 interview offers on MSAR from last year.
99 total, 62 AZ, 37 OOS.
Where do you see this information?
The admissions tracker on their website.
It’s optional and makes no difference in regards to admissions. It is solely for your benefit as an applicant to be able to chat with currents students.Does anyone know if most people attend the welcome reception the night before the interview? Is it recommended to go?
following