2019-2020 Arizona - Tucson

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Not sure if it was a typo since today is Thursday but another round of acceptances are suppose to come out today? Maybe since it’s coming up to Spring Break weekend? Has anyone heard anything?
-thanks, from your fellow anxious pre Med
I think it's tomorrow because they only call on Fridays. The committee meets on Thursdays I believe. I can be completely wrong though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Side note: This process is really tough. Reading some of the posts on SDN in general (not just this thread) reminds me that I'm 1) not crazy, but most importantly 2) not alone. Good luck to us all, guys!!!!! Sending you love if you need it today.

Good luck to you too! It is nice to know we are not alone in our neuroticism. Any of us going to sleep tonight? haha doubtful
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! What do you mean by total underdog? Do you mind sharing your story! Also LizzyM?
My MCAT blows.. I studied hard and couldn’t imagine retaking it. LizzyM is 65. All my prereqs were community college and several (biochem and all of physics) were online. Numbers aside, my application is strong with 10,000+ hours of direct patient care and multiple international volunteer trips. I spent months writing my personal statement and preparing for my interview, I think it was well worth it in the end!
 
My MCAT blows.. I studied hard and couldn’t imagine retaking it. LizzyM is 65. All my prereqs were community college and several (biochem and all of physics) were online. Numbers aside, my application is strong with 10,000+ hours of direct patient care and multiple international volunteer trips. I spent months writing my personal statement and preparing for my interview, I think it was well worth it in the end!
Well deserved acceptance! Stats aren’t the most important determinants of whether someone will be a great doctor or not and Tucson does a really great job at getting well-rounded, committed students. Best of luck to all the rest of us waiting to hear our decisions in the next few weeks!
 
Can someone explain to me why they chose UofA Tuscon over Phoenix? What are the biggest differences?
I think each school has its own pros and cons. If you're looking to be exposed to more clinical sites in a major metropolitan area then Phoenix is your best bet. I'd say just explore their websites and offerings a bit. I have friends at both institutions and they like where they are.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS, interviewed 2/7, just got rejected. First rejection from somewhere I interviewed 🙁 Hope everyone on here gets better new than I did. Luckily I have three other acceptances but AZ was one of my top choices.

It's kind of a shame they don't accept letters of interest or intent, because I'm assuming that you would've loved to put that in writing and describe that. Congratulations on all of the other acceptances!
 
It's kind of a shame they don't accept letters of interest or intent, because I'm assuming that you would've loved to put that in writing and describe that. Congratulations on all of the other acceptances!
I really appreciate that! Yes I agree, it would have felt nice to share my level of interest with them. And it just feels surprising because I tend to interview well overall and felt very strong on interview day. But who knows. Wasn't meant to be. I guess I'll end up South, Midwest, or Northeast instead of Southwest! I hope this application cycle goes splendidly for you.