You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Arizona - Tucson
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OOS, interviewed 2/7, just got rejected. First rejection from somewhere I interviewed 🙁 Hope everyone on here gets better news than I did. Luckily I have three other acceptances (so I can't complain) but AZ was one of my top choices.
+1. same situation. we would've made a fantastic bioethics club! lol. best of luck to you!
Yay!!!! MedCats of 2024!!I just got the phone call this morning!!! Been on WL since November, a dream come true ❤
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
purpleTael
Full Member
IS rejection today. This one hurts because I know my SO will be devastated. But getting anywhere was the hope at the beginning and I am so grateful to have been accepted elsewhere. East coast here i come! Congratulations to all accepted, and good luck to those who are waitlisted!
Last year a lot of movement because it was the first time they couldn’t see how many acceptances students had. They might’ve adapted and it could be less this year because they accepted more students. Sometimes they never pulled off the waitlist. They will post here if they start pulling.
tabletthisismyiphone
New Member
@AdmissionsOffice
What is your policy on the "commit to enroll" tab? Is it okay to stay on "plan to enroll" for the month of May while holding a few waitlists?
What is your policy on the "commit to enroll" tab? Is it okay to stay on "plan to enroll" for the month of May while holding a few waitlists?
Withdrew, and I hope one of you awesome people get pulled of the wait list in my place! 🙂
Got a call around 1:45pm PST that I got accepted!
Pre-interview hold 8/7, Interview 8/30, On Hold 10/21, Accepted 4/30
Congrats!!! 🙂
mushu22
Full Member
Congrats!!! 🙂
Thank you so much!!!!! Bear down!!!
Veggiegalpal
New Member
Got the call this morning! Rough MCAT scores, there is hope!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
merakimed
Full Member
OMG!!!! Congratulations, it has been so great to see your story unfold here on this thread. Literally so happy for you!!!
Got a call around 1:45pm PST that I got accepted!
Pre-interview hold 8/7, Interview 8/30, On Hold 10/21, Accepted 4/30
frontal_lobe_fun
New Member
Just accepted off waitlist!! OOS
mushu22
Full Member
OMG!!!! Congratulations, it has been so great to see your story unfold here on this thread. Literally so happy for you!!!
Aw, I really, really appreciate that!! Thank you!
mushu22
Full Member
To those who have been accepted off the waitlist, how long do you have to accept the offer? Congrats to all of you!
24 hours
Accepted off the waitlist yesterday!!I received the call around 12 pm AZ time! Not going to lie, I may have cried over the phone... I can not wait to meet all of you. Sending my best wishes to those of you still waiting to hear, do not give up hope!
Congrats!! Good luck future Doctor!!🙂
mushu22
Full Member
Accepted off the waitlist yesterday!!I received the call around 12 pm AZ time! Not going to lie, I may have cried over the phone... I can not wait to meet all of you. Sending my best wishes to those of you still waiting to hear, do not give up hope!
Congratulations congratulations congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember you were really holding out for this school!!! This is amazing!! This school was my top choice too <3 Can't wait to meet you!!!!!!!
mushu22
Full Member
Bear down!!! Congrats!!!Accepted Today!! Can't wait to meet all of you!
I am SO SO SO happy for you!! Congratulations!!! I am anxiously hoping to hear from them too as it is my top choice!! My fiance moves to Tucson in a couple months for the radiology residency with UA and I am PRAYING we both end up there together! Gotta keep the faith!! <3Accepted Today!! Can't wait to meet all of you!
Accepted off the waitlist yesterday!!I received the call around 12 pm AZ time! Not going to lie, I may have cried over the phone... I can not wait to meet all of you. Sending my best wishes to those of you still waiting to hear, do not give up hope!
CONGRATULATIONS!! I cannot imagine how excited you must be! U of A Tucson is my TOP choice too! PRAYING I get the call as I am waitslisted too! Fingers crossed. SO ECSTATIC for you!
I am SO SO SO Ecstatic for you! Congratulations!!!!! I have been tracking your story on this thread for awhile and can only imagine how relieved you are to know YOU'RE in! SO well deserved. I am waitlisted now as well and hoping I see you in July as a fellow MS1 MEDCAT 🙂Got a call around 1:45pm PST that I got accepted!
Pre-interview hold 8/7, Interview 8/30, On Hold 10/21, Accepted 4/30
mushu22
Full Member
I am SO SO SO Ecstatic for you! Congratulations!!!!! I have been tracking your story on this thread for awhile and can only imagine how relieved you are to know YOU'RE in! SO well deserved. I am waitlisted now as well and hoping I see you in July as a fellow MS1 MEDCAT 🙂
Thank you so much!!! Fingers crossed!!!!!!! I know for me, one of the most annoying things being on the waitlist is that U of A doesn't accept letters of interest, updates or intent. BUT it's kind of cool because when you do get off, because you feel like who you are was enough. Rooting for you so strongly!!!!! Your day will come!!! <3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted!!!
II waitlisted until 1/14, II on 2/21, WL since then until yesterday!
The wait has been long, but worth it since they're my top choice. This feels so surreal!
II waitlisted until 1/14, II on 2/21, WL since then until yesterday!The wait has been long, but worth it since they're my top choice. This feels so surreal!
mushu22
Full Member
Congratulations!!!! Bear down!!!!Accepted!!!II waitlisted until 1/14, II on 2/21, WL since then until yesterday!
The wait has been long, but worth it since they're my top choice. This feels so surreal!
I got a phone call today with area code 520 for Tucson, Arizona and I got SO EXCITED thinking it was U of A calling me off the waitlist!!! When I answered the lady was SO chipper and excited and my heart nearly stopped you guys! I was like FINALLY, it's my turn, there is room for me!!! It turned out it was the Costco Pharmacy in Tucson letting me know my dog's Prozac was ready for pick up. LOL SIGHHHHHH. To everyone still hopeful on the waitlist as this is their ONE shot - I see you & I feel you!!! We got this!! GOOD VIBES ONLY!!! 
mushu22
Full Member
I got a phone call today with area code 520 for Tucson, Arizona and I got SO EXCITED thinking it was U of A calling me off the waitlist!!! When I answered the lady was SO chipper and excited and my heart nearly stopped you guys! I was like FINALLY, it's my turn, there is room for me!!! It turned out it was the Costco Pharmacy in Tucson letting me know my dog's Prozac was ready for pick up. LOL SIGHHHHHH. To everyone still hopeful on the waitlist as this is their ONE shot - I see you & I feel you!!! We got this!! GOOD VIBES ONLY!!!![]()
Aw when I got the notification that you posted, I was hoping it meant you got in!!! Still cheering for you!!!!!!
I received the call around 12 pm AZ time! Not going to lie, I may have cried over the phone... I can not wait to meet all of you. Sending my best wishes to those of you still waiting to hear, do not give up hope!