2019-2020 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Carolinas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else have a long time gap between secondary submission and their complete email? A whole month passed after I submitted my secondary until I got an official complete email

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone else have a long time gap between secondary submission and their complete email? A whole month passed after I submitted my secondary until I got an official complete email
I had a couple weeks gap. The admission staff actually contacted me in the meantime to see how I planned completing a couple prerequisites.

Reactions: 1 user

Yeah mine took awhile

Members don't see this ad :)
II Carolinas campus !

Reactions: 2 users
I haven’t gotten a complete email and my documents have been in for a while now. Anyone know what may be my problem?

Members don't see this ad :)
I did today. Great campus. Super easy interviews. Overall amazing school!

I hope you get an acceptance! What did you like about the school in particular? I don't have an interview yet, but I also am not much more informed beyond what the website provides.

I hope you get an acceptance! What did you like about the school in particular? I don't have an interview yet, but I also am not much more informed beyond what the website provides.
I liked the facilities. It definitely seems like you will get everything you need for practice and preparation clinically. Very professional environment. Plenty of opportunities for reasearch at brand new cancer centers near campus and also many chances for community involvement. They have a block system which divides their curriculum into 10-11 week blocks each followed by a week off from classes. 4 in the 1st year and 4 in the 2nd year. Definitely will get you where you want to be for any field of medicine you are interested in. Faculty seems very involved and the students love the school. It lived up to its name for sure.

Interview invite this morning, in state, regular decision. They offered me one for tomorrow but I declined. Interviewing 9/18!

hello!
For the pre interview form we have to fill out, it asks for grades update. Are we submitting unofficial transcripts to them directly or are we filling all our courses in the box they provide? Any insight is much appreciated!

I was a student at VCOM-Carolinas, and some of my former classmates encouraged me to post my story about my experience there, on sdn. I decided to do it because depending on what is important to you in a school, you may be looking for something other than VCOM-Carolinas. If support is something that is important I strongly suggest you read my story about what I went through. I attached it or you can click this link to read it: My Experience. If support is not something that is high on your list of what you are looking for in a school, then you can disregard this message. Although in the end, I wouldn't describe my experience at VCOM as a positive one, I do believe there were some great educators there among the faculty. The main issue there is the administration. Hope this can help someone!

Attachments

• Final VCOM Letter.pdf
    95.4 KB · Views: 326
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I was a student at VCOM-Carolinas, and some of my former classmates encouraged me to post my story about my experience there, on sdn. I decided to do it because depending on what is important to you in a school, you may be looking for something other than VCOM-Carolinas. If support is something that is important I strongly suggest you read my story about what I went through. I attached it or you can click this link to read it: My Experience. If support is not something that is high on your list of what you are looking for in a school, then you can disregard this message. Although in the end, I wouldn't describe my experience at VCOM as a positive one, I do believe there were some great educators there among the faculty. The main issue there is the administration. Hope this can help someone!

Hey mate, don’t know who u r but I genuinely hope you’re doing better mentally and physically. I wish you nothing but the best in all future endeavors.

Damn I'm sorry! As advice to others applying this cycle and may have the ability to choose between VCOM-Carolinas and other schools, do you think others should stay away from VCOM?

Hey mate, don’t know who u r but I genuinely hope you’re doing better mentally and physically. I wish you nothing but the best in all future endeavors.
Thank you! I appreciate that. :)

Damn I'm sorry! As advice to others applying this cycle and may have the ability to choose between VCOM-Carolinas and other schools, do you think others should stay away from VCOM?
Thank you! And to be honest, yes, I would apply to other schools over VCOM. From what I've heard from friends at other med schools, it sounds like they had better experiences (overall, not just in terms of my experience at the end). I've heard of better, more organized programs than VCOM. And I also would say VCOM was not very responsive to student feedback (especially compared to the school I am at now). I don't want to be too negative, but those are just my thoughts. I hope that helps!

Thank you! And to be honest, yes, I would apply to other schools over VCOM. From what I've heard from friends at other med schools, it sounds like they had better experiences (overall, not just in terms of my experience at the end). I've heard of better, more organized programs than VCOM. And I also would say VCOM was not very responsive to student feedback (especially compared to the school I am at now). I don't want to be too negative, but those are just my thoughts. I hope that helps!
Honestly, this sounds like a lot of general speculations. VCOM is one of the better osteopathic programs.

Honestly, this sounds like a lot of general speculations. VCOM is one of the better osteopathic programs.
It's actually not speculation since I experienced it. That would imply that I'm making assumptions and using conjecture to determine what happened, but I'm not, since it happened to me. So there's no guessing involved and neither is it theoretical. I completely understand if you don't want to accept what I said about "friends at other med schools". That's sensible. However, I am now at a different school and what I said above holds true when I compare VCOM to the school I am currently at. They are night and day. Still, you can take it or leave it. I am not on a campaign to convince people not to go to VCOM. I don't get anything out of that. I do think it can be helpful, when someone is making a decision, to get a first hand impression, which is why I shared my experience. I'm sure there are people who had positive experiences at VCOM. But I can only share mine. I acknowledge your doubt, but I am not speculating, I lived it!

Has anyone that interviewed before 9/6 heard back yet? They told us we would be hearing back in two weeks

Accepted! Interviewed on 9/6. Good luck to everyone still applying and waiting for results! Feel free to ask me about any questions regarding the interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Accepted! Interviewed at their second session (9/6). Good luck to everyone still applying and waiting for results! Feel free to ask me about any questions regarding the interview.
Congrats!! I interviewed the same day in the morning! Did they just call? Hoping to get good news today!

Congrats!! I interviewed the same day in the morning! Did they just call? Hoping to get good news today!
Yes, they called first. And right after the call, they send an email. Good luck!

• Love
Was flying from San Diego to the school yesterday but the flooding in Houston (where i was laying over) cancelled my flight so I had to miss my interview day today. It has bee rescheduled, but was interested to see what this school was about today. I guess ill have to wait...

How soon from submitting your secondary app were you notified about II?? I submitted my secondary August 19, and silence since.

Interviewed 9/19. First acceptance today!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted!! Just got the call!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just got accepted via call. Secondary complete: 8/08 Interview: 9/10 Acceptance 9/25

Reactions: 3 users