2019-2020 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Carolinas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted! Interviewed 9/10

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was accepted yesterday! Interviewed on 9/06! Loved the school and everything about it and hope you will too!

Members don't see this ad :)
The facebook group linked on the email is Class of 2023?? Is that right? Or did they mistakenly send me the wrong link? (on the acceptance email)

The facebook group linked on the email is Class of 2023?? Is that right? Or did they mistakenly send me the wrong link? (on the acceptance email)
It already has like 180 members and they haven't even interviewed that many and thats the typical class size so I assume its an error.

Congrats on the acceptances!!
I called today to set up a tour of the Carolina campus. They told me that my application was assigned to go to Louisiana however because I did not rank. Does anyone know if switching my preference to the the Spartanburg campus would hurt my chance of admissions?
MCAT:501 GPA: 3.3 sGPA: 3.3 Last 60 Credits:3.9 Clinical Hours: 20,000 Research: none

Congrats on the acceptances!!
I called today to set up a tour of the Carolina campus. They told me that my application was assigned to go to Louisiana however because I did not rank. Does anyone know if switching my preference to the the Spartanburg campus would hurt my chance of admissions?
MCAT:501 GPA: 3.3 sGPA: 3.3 Last 60 Credits:3.9 Clinical Hours: 20,000 Research: none
I do not think so, I switched from the Carolinas campus to the VA one and got an interview invite. I believe the Carolinas campus is more competitive than the Louisiana one, but if Carolina doesn't believe you are fit for them you could still get an interview invite from other campuses. However after interviewing you are only considered at the VCOM campus. Hope this helps!!

I do not think so, I switched from the Carolinas campus to the VA one and got an interview invite. I believe the Carolinas campus is more competitive than the Louisiana one, but if Carolina doesn't believe you are fit for them you could still get an interview invite from other campuses. However after interviewing you are only considered at the VCOM campus. Hope this helps!!
Thank you so much. Even after I called them it was a bit confusing what the rules were. They said their campuses do not compete, but I wasn't sure at what stage your set at which school.

Thank you so much. Even after I called them it was a bit confusing what the rules were. They said their campuses do not compete, but I wasn't sure at what stage your set at which school.
I thought you already set your preference school when you ranked the schools in order of preference? @soccer96 how did you switch from the Carolina Campus to the VA one? And how soon after did you get an II? I just found out I'm also being considered for the Carolina Campus.

I thought you already set your preference school when you ranked the schools in order of preference? @soccer96 how did you switch from the Carolina Campus to the VA one? And how soon after did you get an II? I just found out I'm also being considered for the Carolina Campus.

I’m from NC so I ranked that as my preference. I decided I’d rather be in Blacksburg and near VT than in Spartanburg, so I called vcom va and asked to be switched to where they were my #1. I got a secondary like 10ish days after.

Just got a call from VCOM during class so I couldn’t answer. I never even finished or submitted my secondary so what do y’all think it’s for?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey friends, I know the process is less than fun. I’m an oms-1 if you have any questions.

I can’t answer any what are my chances / stats related questions bc tbh I have no idea. But vcom is very holistic about their evaluation of applications.

I understand it is one secondary for all campuses, but do I need to submit separate, multiple primary applications to be considered at other locations?

I understand it is one secondary for all campuses, but do I need to submit separate, multiple primary applications to be considered at other locations?

No it is one application! One primary, one secondary.

I just checked my portal and saw that I have an II. I didn't get a call or email.

Congrats! You made me check mine, but alas...

What was the soonest interview date?
The soonest was next week, there are still quite a few spots still available for this month, november and december

For those that have been accepted, we have till December to decide to turn in the fee to save our seat correct? Or is it a 2 week window?

Did anyone receive a call to interview but when you contact the office you havnt heard back? I’m not sure it’s real lol

Did anyone receive a call to interview but when you contact the office you havnt heard back? I’m not sure it’s real lol
I got a call Friday and called back over the weekend and left a message. They called me yesterday around noon to schedule the interview

anyone know what's up with the Facebook page for class of 2024? I got the email with the updated link and requested to join but it looks like they haven't added anyone to it.

Is anyone still waiting on a secondary?
Unless you recently submitted a primary, I wouldn't anticipate a secondary. I had a friend who submitted his primary within the past 2 weeks and got all his secondaries inside of a week including VCOM.

anyone know what's up with the Facebook page for class of 2024? I got the email with the updated link and requested to join but it looks like they haven't added anyone to it.
I think the page says you won’t get in until you submit your deposit and have your background check cleared. That being said, both of those requirements have been fulfilled on my end and I still am not in? Unsure.

EDIT: it just takes some time to clear. You should be able to get in after the deposit and background check!

Last edited:
Accepted! Just got the call. This is my number 1 choice so far

Reactions: 2 users
Hello all, I am a current second year. Feel free to pm if you have questions. Good luck to all applying :banana:

Turning down my acceptance here! Hopefully it goes to one of you!

Is anyone still waiting on a secondary?
+1 do we think this is silent R? Just unsure with stats and what not why I received so many other secondaries and none from here? Ik no one really has an answer but still seems odd

I recommend just waiting it out! They told my group 2 weeks as well and I didn’t hear back for almost a month
Thanks for letting me know, I’ll just wait it out! Do you know if they call or email for a rejection?

Thanks for letting me know, I’ll just wait it out! Do you know if they call or email for a rejection?
I think they email rejections. Hang in there guys, it has been a really busy week back from the holidays for admin from what I have seen, so they may be a bit behind. It took me like 2 and half weeks to hear back from mine a couple years ago thanks to snow. Good luck to you all!