2019-2020 Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (Kansas City) KCU-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone got a secondary/II being under their GPA cutoff?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It really doesn't matter where you interview. There's a bunch of people who interviewed in Joplin who are in my class right now

5-7 days is almost up..hoping to hear something soon. This is my top DO choice.

Got a II this Thursday and I'll be interviewing at the Joplin campus. I don't have a campus preference. Does anyone know if the interview will be geared more towards the Joplin campus and what it has to offer?

Got a II this Thursday and I'll be interviewing at the Joplin campus. I don't have a campus preference. Does anyone know if the interview will be geared more towards the Joplin campus and what it has to offer?
You will get a tour of Joplin but where you end up is up to the ADCOM

I haven’t been on in quite a while, so I just wanted to hop on and say congratulations to everyone receiving interviews! SOAK THIS MOMENT UP! Seriously, enjoy everything about this process. I promise you the 6 weeks between the interview and decision will go quick. The whole YEAR will go quick. And then you WILL start medical school.. and when you get here (or somewhere else), it will smack you in the face. It will be incredibly hard... I promise you that no matter what your educational background is, you will not be prepared. Unless you’ve learned an entire semester of medical biochemistry in 4 days and then tested on it 3-4 days later, you will not be ready. SO, enjoy this year and do not try to prepare. Just relax. Vacation. Read for leisure. Workout. Do the things you love. Lastly, fine tune your time management skills. That will be crucial.

You all are worthy and deserve this interview. Don’t second guess yourself, be genuine, and be confident in who you are.

Good luck, everyone!! I remember being in your shoes and it feels like it was yesterday! I look forward to seeing you all on the KC campus!

Reactions: 24 users
I haven’t been on in quite a while, so I just wanted to hop on and say congratulations to everyone receiving interviews! SOAK THIS MOMENT UP! Seriously, enjoy everything about this process. I promise you the 6 weeks between the interview and decision will go quick. The whole YEAR will go quick. And then you WILL start medical school.. and when you get here (or somewhere else), it will smack you in the face. It will be incredibly hard... I promise you that no matter what your educational background is, you will not be prepared. Unless you’ve learned an entire semester of medical biochemistry in 4 days and then tested on it 3-4 days later, you will not be ready. SO, enjoy this year and do not try to prepare. Just relax. Vacation. Read for leisure. Workout. Do the things you love. Lastly, fine tune your time management skills. That will be crucial.

You all are worthy and deserve this interview. Don’t second guess yourself, be genuine, and be confident in who you are.

Good luck, everyone!! I remember being in your shoes and it feels like it was yesterday! I look forward to seeing you all on the KC campus!

He's not kidding about learning ALL of biochem in 4 days. It's crazy lol

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
just got an II, OOS. i am applying to both/either campus, but the interview slots only show the ones in Joplin available. are all the KC ones gone or should i what a few days to see if they will become available? KC would be much easier to get to for me.

just got an II, OOS. i am applying to both/either campus, but the interview slots only show the ones in Joplin available. are all the KC ones gone or should i what a few days to see if they will become available? KC would be much easier to get to for me.

I called today and asked but was told that it was to our advantage to pick the earliest interview dates available and that the KC ones would be available later.

I called today and asked but was told that it was to our advantage to pick the earliest interview dates available and that the KC ones would be available later.
Thanks for the quick reply! hopefully more interviews will pop up within a week or so

When were you complete if you don’t mind me asking?

Just got an II! OOS applicant. I also chose 'no preference' for the campuses. The interview portal says that it doesn't matter which site you interview at and it will not affect where you are placed. Pretty stoked!

Reactions: 2 users
II today, OOS, complete 7/31!

II here as well! Will be at Joplin campus for 9/11!

II for Kansas City campus....fully complete maybe around 7/17

Congrats to those receiving interview invites from a current second year. And to those waiting for a response, good luck throughout your cycles. Remember while there are deadlines and timelines throughout the season, not everyone is on the same schedule (even in life) so never be hard on yourself throughout this journey.

Reactions: 5 users
do they send you information about local hotels/student hosts and transportation after you schedule an interview? I did not see this information on the II email or website
also does the Joplin campus have an airport shuttle or do we just need to call a taxi? does not look like they have Uber

do they send you information about local hotels/student hosts and transportation after you schedule an interview? I did not see this information on the II email or website
also does the Joplin campus have an airport shuttle or do we just need to call a taxi? does not look like they have Uber
There is definitely Uber here. No shuttle to my knowledge

yes they did send such an email.

Uber and Lyft are both in Joplin. Some hotels might have a service, but dont bank on it. There is not a student host program.

What are some hotels near the Kansas City campus that current interviewees/students recommend?

What are some hotels near the Kansas City campus that current interviewees/students recommend?

I would stay in the downtown area which is about 5-7 min drive from campus. The area around campus is a little sketch and I wouldn't stay there at night.

II at 4:50 pm!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got a complete e-mail today... fingers crossed and congrats to all of you who have already gotten interviews!!

II OOS, best of luck to everyone.

Secondary submitted 7/30, Complete 8/14 (had to wait on LOR), cut it close for that deadline lol. Now just waiting on that II.

I stayed at Hotel Indigo, downtown KC. Nice rooms, maybe a slight discount for KCU interview and they provided a travel voucher for the ride to the school. They also have a small gym that is open early enough to get a pump on before interview day. The restaurant/bar that's attached has good skillet omelettes.

II yesterday at 6pm EST! 9/12 at Joplin!