2019-2020 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed in October as well and have not heard anything yet. My file still says " The Admissions Committee has reviewed your application. As you did not opt for an early acceptance, you will be notified after November 15." And I also just got the text about being offered an interview. Weird must be a glitch in their system
I send them an email, here is the response from them. 'You can monitor your status on the Admissions Page of LECOM Portal'.

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
I send them an email, here is the response from them. 'You can monitor your status on the Admissions Page of LECOM Portal'.
Appears to be very friendly and caring admissions team :)

Appears to be very friendly and caring admissions team :)
For sure. I interviewed in October as well and called to ask about my post II status cause they said we would be told on December 14th. They told me there was no way I was told that. o_O

Members don't see this ad :)
For sure. I interviewed in October as well and called to ask about my post II status cause they said we would be told on December 14th. They told me there was no way I was told that. o_O
Lol well, the “they” who told you that isn’t the “they” who responded to your email. That’s the problem.

The portal has been updated with the below message. Not sure what it means. 'The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days. Thank you'.

The portal has been updated with the below message. Not sure what it means. 'The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days. Thank you'.
When did you interview?

I just received an acceptance phone call today! I didn’t think they did calls? But hey, I’ll take it!

Hi! This might have been answered already.. but is there a difference between “waitlist” and “alternate” here? I notice that both have been used and wasn’t sure if people have been using it interchangeably. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! This might have been answered already.. but is there a difference between “waitlist” and “alternate” here? I notice that both have been used and wasn’t sure if people have been using it interchangeably. Thanks in advance!
Im assuming ranked waitlist is better than waitlist as in people who they might favor more??

however I’m not too sure, anyone got more info on this?

Interviewed 12/9 and absolute silence. Not sure what the heck happened, since interview day felt like it went very well. I guess this is why *luck* is always a factor in this process.

Interviewed 12/9 and absolute silence. Not sure what the heck happened, since interview day felt like it went very well. I guess this is why *luck* is always a factor in this process.
Same boat interviewed a month earlier. I’m sure people have interviewed earlier than me and are even in the same scenario. Seems very organized /s

interviewed a week before you and same.

Has anyone reached out and has atleast been told something substantial...?

Interviewing here next week, but my folder items are still unchecked? Should I call the office about this? Also does anyone have any interview advice for the MMI-style portion of the interview? Thanks!

Interviewing here next week, but my folder items are still unchecked? Should I call the office about this? Also does anyone have any interview advice for the MMI-style portion of the interview? Thanks!
No your probably good. They updated mine like 3 days before (the week of) interview.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

they update folder items 2-3 before interview, when they download your file and print it

I'm not sure if this varies, but there was no MMI for my interview. The group interview was maybe 20-30 minutes (I enjoyed this part. Just be honest and yourself and you'll be golden). As for the individual interview, it was once and lasted maybe 2-3 minutes so be prepared with some thoughts about the school and such. It goes fast.

Complete in August and status still says that my application is under review.. strange. Same for Lake Erie campus.

For people that have put their deposit down: can it be done online? Or does it have to happen through a check being sent to them?

Has anyone received II recently? If so, what were the available dates to choose from?

Anyone from or visiting the area for interview know of anything fun to do around Bradenton?

Anyone from or visiting the area for interview know of anything fun to do around Bradenton?

I am from Downtown St. Pete. Awesome area about a 45-minute drive across the bridge from LECOM campus. Great restaurants/bars/art museums and things to do and a really cool place to check out. I am interviewing soon and really like LECOM so hoping for the best.

Good luck and enjoy

For people that have put their deposit down: can it be done online? Or does it have to happen through a check being sent to them?
It can't happen online. I sent a money order.

Has anyone else not heard back at this point? I have been complete since September

Has anyone else not heard back at this point? I have been complete since September
Interviewed in November still havnt heard, same w a bunch of others. I wouldn’t bank on anything this late

Reactions: 1 users
I live just 10 mins from the University. There is plenty to do here, depending on what you are looking for. You could hit up art museums, some of the best beaches in the world, aquariums, botanical gardens, Big Cat habitat, St Armands Circle, or some of the great restaurants. If you are feeling extra adventurous and want to take away something unique from the area, you could try the munchies cafe “Fire in your hole” wings challenge (featured on Man Vs Food). There are plenty of dives if that is your thing. Parasailing is a fun, if expensive option. If you just need to kill a few hours, then you might check LECOM park for a baseball spring training game. (Spring home of the Pittsburg Pirates)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard a lot of bad things about this school. Can any current student talk about it?

Got a II earlier today for 4 dates in March

I was complete on 12/20 and got an II for 4/9. What can I expect for such a late interview? Waitlisted?

They said at my interview in late Feb that a lot of spots open up later in April/May when MD seats open up and people leave their acceptances at DO. I wouldn't worry about it!
They touch up more on this process and what they do?(like waitlist movement, or are there some open seats still)

They touch up more on this process and what they do?(like waitlist movement, or are there some open seats still)

They mentioned having 2 different waitlists but I'm not sure too much about what that process is. They do welcome letter of interest/intent if you do get put on a waitlist though.

They mentioned having 2 different waitlists but I'm not sure too much about what that process is. They do welcome letter of interest/intent if you do get put on a waitlist though.
Hi! I didn’t know there there were different waitlists. Does anyone know what the differences are and like terminologies used for them? Please let me know! Thank you!

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for the interview?
Just be yourself! The group interview portion can be a little awkward but just make sure to voice your opinion. Both the group and one on one is very conversational. Nothing to worry or stress about.

Just be yourself! The group interview portion can be a little awkward but just make sure to voice your opinion. Both the group and one on one is very conversational. Nothing to worry or stress about.
Thanks for replying! What kind of questions do they ask during the group interview? personal questions or ethical dilemmas? Also, is it a blind interview?

Thanks for replying! What kind of questions do they ask during the group interview? personal questions or ethical dilemmas? Also, is it a blind interview?
Ethical questions for the group
(What would you do if you caught someone cheating, how do you confront someone who’s slacking in group work) that kind of stuff. It goes by fast the interviewers have a list of questions they can ask but only get to like 3/4.
and it’s a blind interview for the one on one.
Tell me about yourself, Why Lecom/DO, the basics.

Does anyone know if my status post-secondary submission has not changed if at this point if it is a silent rejection from Erie and Bradenton? Are they still inviting people to interviews? I have one interview that I am very thankful for, but more would make me a little more comfortable as I have to retake my MCAT after this cycle which I am not looking forward to.
They are still interviewing. I just got an II today