2019-2020 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they update your status with an email or solely on the portal? Did your status after you submitted your secondary stay the generic under review statement or was their an intermediate comment before you received your II? Sorry to be neurotic, but I am really hoping to get another II. :/
I got an email. I haven't checked the portal in months, so I don't know if there was any indication before I received the email. I submitted my secondary in July or August, so my status was "under review" for a while

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 11/22. My portal updated on Wednesday and now I'm waiting for the official letter in the mail. Also just took my first MCAT full length and feeling like an idiot.. lol what timing

Interviewed 11/22. My portal updated on Wednesday and now I'm waiting for the official letter in the mail. Also just took my first MCAT full length and feeling like an idiot.. lol what timing
Don’t let one full length get you down. I took 5 and averaged a 503. Took the real thing and got a 510. You have time!

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if my status post-secondary submission has not changed if at this point if it is a silent rejection from Erie and Bradenton? Are they still inviting people to interviews? I have one interview that I am very thankful for, but more would make me a little more comfortable as I have to retake my MCAT after this cycle which I am not looking forward to.
My portal just changed to admissions decision made and i interviewed in dec!

I just started studying as well! My portal changed too

• Haha
I applied to this campus and the Erie campus both at the same time back in October. Bradenton only sent me a secondary a couple weeks back where as Erie sent me my secondary months ago. Im a FL resident so really wanted to hear from Bradenton. Is it too late to expect to hear back anything? Portal for Bradenton just says "We have received your secondary application". I have a pretty good SMP gpa and MCAT.

I interviewed back 4-5 months ago and my portal still says my app is under review post-interview. Anyone else in the same boat?

just had my portal changed, interviewed 4.5 months ago

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed back 4-5 months ago and my portal still says my app is under review post-interview. Anyone else in the same boat?
I interviewed dec 13th. didnt hear anything until my portal changed last week... decision sent through mail, still waiting on it. I even emailed shively at the end of january with an app update and didnt hear anything from him either

I interviewed dec 13th. didnt hear anything until my portal changed last week... decision sent through mail, still waiting on it. I even emailed shively at the end of january with an app update and didnt hear anything from him either
they really need to be a lot better about communicating with us. they told us when we interviewed we'd hear back from them in a couple weeks, that was like 4 months ago lol

Reactions: 1 users
anyone receive their letter in the mail whose portal changed recently? im in MA and this is TORTURE

anyone receive their letter in the mail whose portal changed recently? im in MA and this is TORTURE
My portal hasn’t changed but I’ve been keepin up w this thread since you said yours did and I’m rooting for ya my guy/girl lmao. Stay strong

I interviewed 2/14 and they told us we'd hear back in a month but I'm seeing people who haven't heard anything for 4.5 months??

I am waiting to put down a deposit at another school (due this Friday) depending on the decision from this school. Does anyone know if it's possible to try and call the school to see if I will hear back before then? Or am I helpless and just have to wait?

I interviewed 2/14 and they told us we'd hear back in a month but I'm seeing people who haven't heard anything for 4.5 months??

I am waiting to put down a deposit at another school (due this Friday) depending on the decision from this school. Does anyone know if it's possible to try and call the school to see if I will hear back before then? Or am I helpless and just have to wait?
you might just have to put the dep down and wait and then give one of your seats up. i interviewed in dec and am just hearing. no response from school at all

you might just have to put the dep down and wait and then give one of your seats up. i interviewed in dec and am just hearing. no response from school at all

Same boat. Interviewed 12/13. Portal updated with “a decision has been made” last Friday. Now waiting for my letter. Contacted the school for an update last month, never heard back.

you can email shively maybe. he's usually pretty fast at responding

they really need to be a lot better about communicating with us. they told us when we interviewed we'd hear back from them in a couple weeks, that was like 4 months ago lol
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a friend who coincidentally interviewed the same day as me and was in the same exact position. LECOM-B was his top choice and when he mentioned his situation, he got no response.

Word of advice for everyone enduring this torture of waiting for the letter in the mail along with me, don't call the admissions office and ask for the decision lol. I got a very stiff no and told that they don't give out admission decisions over the phone. This I don't understand though cuz I could have sworn people said earlier that they were called with their decision.

Alot of sh** has been talked about lecom-b, and as my first ever ii, i have held alot of love for them.
But this is ridiculous, interviewed 5 months ago and nothing. Starting to believe the "rumors"
Not even mad tho, accepted elsewhere, but i feel for my comrades.
wish the best of luck to you all!

Alot of sh** has been talked about lecom-b, and as my first ever ii, i have held alot of love for them.
But this is ridiculous, interviewed 5 months ago and nothing. Starting to believe the "rumors"
Not even mad tho, accepted elsewhere, but i feel for my comrades.
wish the best of luck to you all!
believe the rumors lol.

• Sad
Current OMS I here. What do you want to know?
Hi, I just got accepted to this program today, but have other acceptances as well. I have heard lots of bad things about the program-mostly by people online. My question is- if you are diligent in your studies and do well in the program will you have any problems with rotations? clinical skills?

It's hard to argue with the board scores, residency matches and the price so obviously something must be working, right? Thank you so much!

Hi, I just got accepted to this program today, but have other acceptances as well. I have heard lots of bad things about the program-mostly by people online. My question is- if you are diligent in your studies and do well in the program will you have any problems with rotations? clinical skills?

It's hard to argue with the board scores, residency matches and the price so obviously something must be working, right? Thank you so much!

Did you receive notice by phone call or mail, or both?

Just got the letter almost 5 months after Interviewed, telling me I've been waitlisted.

Anyone here scheduled for the interview on 3/20 got the email for a remote interview? Kinda freaking out how that will play out.

Interviewed here along with my boyfriend and three other friends in December, we all got placed on the alternate list as of this week

Hey, thanks for the question! We do not learn much about rotations until the second year, so I do not have much information to offer on that front. I have not heard anybody complain about being unprepared for the clinical years. Clinical exam (CE) is the course we take where we learn clinical skills. While the first year is basic: memorize a rubric and say/perform the exam on a standardized patient, I believe there is more actual diagnostic practice offered in CE the second year. Additionally, LECOM brings the 3rd years back in the second semester to help prepare them for Step 2-PE (the step exam where you have X amount of time to see, diagnose, treat, and write a SOAP note on X amount of people).

I have heard that you have some say as to where you do rotations, based on how you do during the preclinical years. Most people end up in Miami, then St. Petersburg (but you can go all over Florida and even to NY and CA). As far as residency is concerned, anything is possible if you work enough--or so I am told. If you are aiming for a competitive residency (as I am), you may want to strongly consider the MD route if you have the option. Unless of course you desperately want to learn OMM, which is pretty cool. Hope this helps and good luck deciding. When it comes to choosing a med school, you can't go wrong.

Interviewed here along with my boyfriend and three other friends in December, we all got placed on the alternate list as of this week
placed on the alternate list as well. interviewed dec 13th

Does anyone know if they call, send an email, or change the portal when you are accepted/rejected off the waitlist?

They call to tell you for the acceptance but the info will always and only come in the mail for deposit

reminder to everyone waitlisted to email them to secure your spot on it

Reactions: 1 users
Y
Word of advice for everyone enduring this torture of waiting for the letter in the mail along with me, don't call the admissions office and ask for the decision lol. I got a very stiff no and told that they don't give out admission decisions over the phone. This I don't understand though cuz I could have sworn people said earlier that they were called with their decision.
yes that’s weird cause I was called with my decision

Has anyone that is accepted been working on the matriculation packet at all?