2019-2020 Medical University of South Carolina

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good chance we hear something this week as far as waitlist movement?
Hopefully. Looking at last years thread, it looked like people heard May 8th. But only two people said they heard from the school.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If the waitlist in Columbia is 50-75 and 25-30 in Charleston. Do you guys know how many are in the waitlist at Greenville?

If the waitlist in Columbia is 50-75 and 25-30 in Charleston. Do you guys know how many are in the waitlist at Greenville?

Where did you get 25-30 from for MUSC? All I know about Greenville's WL is that it's in 3 tiers but no idea about numbers.

Where did you get 25-30 from for MUSC? All I know about Greenville's WL is that it's in 3 tiers but no idea about numbers.
25-30 used to be on MSAR for MUSC! They changed MSAR at end of February though to say varies by year for waitlist.

Reactions: 1 user
25-30 used to be on MSAR for MUSC! They changed MSAR at end of February though to say varies by year for waitlist.
right. Ugh regardless being on a waitlist is honestly so mentally exhausting

Reactions: 1 users
Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 11.59.40 AM.png

Reactions: 2 users
So between May 1 and today, one person has moved from in progress to declining? Whatever, this chart is dumb. Thanks for posting it though

I'm starting to think it's just there to mess with us haha

It just doesn't make sense because from the previous chart the accepted was still 152 so someone from the pending IS declined. But I know some (2) people who got accepted in the fall but are declining. So I just don't know if this chart is slow to update or what.

Shouldn’t the pending column be zero at this point if it consists of the students who have been accepted but haven’t sent in deposits- since the deadline has passed?
That’s a lot of logic you’re using. Remember what chart we’re talking about here

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Any advice on finding housing within walking distance? Also possibly needing to find a roommate?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any advice on finding housing within walking distance? Also possibly needing to find a roommate?

I went to undergrad in CHS and have now lived here for 5 years. There are a bunch of groups on facebook called Charleston Housing and Charleston Rentals I would look at. Downtown is average $600-$1000 or so in multibedroom homes. If you want to walk I recommend Radcliffe Borough area as it's affordable and mostly students. Also there is a ton a bit farther away but I would invest in a bike, you can get to everything by bike downtown and even off the peninsula if you really want. Only caution about housing is beware of flooding.

Has anyone heard of anyone on the waitlist being notified? I’m just confused that no ones heard anything at all

Has anyone heard of anyone on the waitlist being notified? I’m just confused that no ones heard anything at all
May 8th was the date last year that there was movement!

So I got email confirmation last night that the ad com met and the waitlist is now ranked. But since no one has been notified, does that just mean not enough people have withdrawn to justify dipping into the waitlist? Also, I wonder if you could ask what tier of the waitlist you’re in now that it’s ordered. I want to, but I already feel like I’ve bothered them with too many questions lol

So I got email confirmation last night that the ad com met and the waitlist is now ranked. But since no one has been notified, does that just mean not enough people have withdrawn to justify dipping into the waitlist? Also, I wonder if you could ask what tier of the waitlist you’re in now that it’s ordered. I want to, but I already feel like I’ve bothered them with too many questions lol
I feel like everything is happening later this year. We found out we were waitlisted later than last year so maybe they will be telling people later as well that they are off waitlist and accepted?

What email have you been getting a response from? I’ll send them an email and ask about tiers.

Did anyone else receive an email on financial help information? Not sure if it means anything. Waitlisted and still waiting to hear anything about movement.

Did anyone else receive an email on financial help information? Not sure if it means anything. Waitlisted and still waiting to hear anything about movement.
I also got the email about an hour ago. It looks like a mass email to everyone who applied to a graduate program at MUSC. I remember selecting an option on my application to receive info about financial aid, so this is probably it.

The email says to not take that email as an an offer of admission so its definitely a mass email.

Anyone here anything? Don’t give up. Give it time you’ll hear back!

This is crazy. There’s no way there’s not a single applicant getting off the waitlist

This is crazy. There’s no way there’s not a single applicant getting off the waitlist
There hasn't been any new people added to the accepted students facebook page other then upperclassmen as of today so I don't think there has been anyone who has gotten off the waitlist yet

There hasn't been any new people added to the accepted students facebook page other then upperclassmen as of today so I don't think there has been anyone who has gotten off the waitlist yet
I think they either have not met as a committee yet or just have not made calls yet. I'm confident people will be accepted soon.

I guess they let you know if you’re not accepted off of the WL? Wish we knew the number of accepted so far and how many people are actually on the WL..
I don’t know that they’d tell you. The waitlist email says if you haven’t heard back by June you may want to consult with them. I don’t think an actual rejection will ever come. Knowing how big the waitlist is would be great.

I never got an actual rejection last year. I contacted them in late June and asked how to improve my application. I understand the anxiety, but everything will work out in the end.

Wish we had someone to ask... I guess no one on this thread has heard anything.
The only thing I’ve heard is that as of the middle of last week, the committee met and the waitlist was ranked and set. As for them making calls to people to accept them off the list, maybe they’ll do them all on one day each week? Like maybe they wait to make calls on Tuesdays, since that’s when they typically have committee meetings. But that’s all my speculation

The only thing I’ve heard is that as of the middle of last week, the committee met and the waitlist was ranked and set. As for them making calls to people to accept them off the list, maybe they’ll do them all on one day each week? Like maybe they wait to make calls on Tuesdays, since that’s when they typically have committee meetings. But that’s all my speculation
I think this is the most likely answer. I don't think they make calls sporadically and I think they have specific days were they meet as a committee and make calls/decisions then all together.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone hear anything today or have screenshot of the table?
For what it’s worth, today, they responded to my email that I sent 5 or so weeks ago regarding whether they accepted letters of intent.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
I really don’t get understand how hard it is to either accept us or just say “our class is full.” This is so much slower then last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im just hoping its just the covid slowing things down, not a complete lack of spots. Give this health care worker some hope musc!

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 11.10.31 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 11.10.42 AM.png

Some changes, pretty confident that the IP is the WL as I withdrew (OOS) and my friend from IS did as well. I'll try to update chart for you guys still.

View attachment 306109View attachment 306110

Some changes, pretty confident that the IP is the WL as I withdrew (OOS) and my friend from IS did as well. I'll try to update chart for you guys still.
So I guess “accepting” would have to go down for anyone off the waitlist to get in. Someone earlier posted they initially accepted 220 last year- but I assume 220 didn’t pay their deposit, I wonder if this number will drop somehow. It feels like it’s getting late for people to be changing their minds, but what do I know.

View attachment 306109View attachment 306110

What I am confused about is that the number for accepting doesn't still make sense since I know people from Fall declining but it seems like the only reason the declining increased was due to the pending decreasing, so I don't think the chart has counted for the people who actually declined. But maybe I am wrong so who knows.

I withdrew my spot from the waitlist yesterday if that helps make this chart make any more sense haha

What I am confused about is that the number for accepting doesn't still make sense since I know people from Fall declining but it seems like the only reason the declining increased was due to the pending decreasing, so I don't think the chart has counted for the people who actually declined. But maybe I am wrong so who knows.
Did they pay their deposits? I assume pending is people who were given the offer of acceptance and haven’t paid.

Did they pay their deposits? I assume pending is people who were given the offer of acceptance and haven’t paid.
Yea they were accepted in Fall so they had like a month to pay deposit then I think.

Id imagine if theres any movement on thr WL we won't hear until friday at the earliest. They seem to like doing things at the end of the week and its not technically the middle of may just yet.

Id imagine if theres any movement on thr WL we won't hear until friday at the earliest. They seem to like doing things at the end of the week and its not technically the middle of may just yet.
I’ll take whatever hope I can get

At this point, I feel i know the answer but I have to ask, anyone heard anything?