2019-2020 University of South Carolina - Greenville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it still early though?
Most schools interview until March, so I’d say there’s still time. I know a few people who didn’t hear anything back until after the new year. I still haven’t heard anything back from the other schools I applied to.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
IS non-trad applicant, completed II's Nov 6th, no communication since that time. LM-64, WARS-68. Low MCAT, patient care job experience and graduate degree. Does anyone have information on late interviews and acceptance rates?

IS non-trad applicant, completed II's Nov 6th, no communication since that time. LM-64, WARS-68. Low MCAT, patient care job experience and graduate degree. Does anyone have information on late interviews and acceptance rates?

I'd email them and follow up with them. Make sure they know that you're committed and whatnot.

ive been complete since july and still haven’t heard back. sent an update too but no word yet

I always thought it would be a bad idea to reach out about not hearing back pre-II.... should I reach out?

I definitely would. Just email them saying you want to follow up on the status of your application. Lucy has been super responsive... at least she's replied to my emails within 5 minutes or so.

Does anyone know when they next round of acceptances/ rejections comes out?
I just got the email saying that my application will be continued to be reviewed but I am not accepted at this time and it is not a wait-list (post interview). Definitely bummed but keeping hope. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my acceptance email!

And just a word of encouragement to you all, this was my fourth time applying to medical school. I had a sub 3.0 GPA in undergrad and an average MCAT. I had to do a post bacc to redeem myself. But it all worked out. Keep fighting for it!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

And just a word of encouragement to you all, this was my fourth time applying to medical school. I had a sub 3.0 GPA in undergrad and an average MCAT. I had to do a post bacc to redeem myself. But it all worked out. Keep fighting for it!

Awesome news, Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? IS, LM, WARS, URM?

Awesome news, Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? IS, LM, WARS, URM?

Sorry! I went dark for a bit. But I am URM, IS, LM = 60.10, WARS = 62. When I first scored myself, I was rather depressed because those scores meant I wouldn't have a chance. I just had to prove that when I got to college I had no goals and, therefore, no drive. I made an obvious turn around from a 3.0 student to a 4.0 when I decided to go into medicine. That got me interviews but no acceptance. They didn't take me seriously until after I finished a masters degree at WF with a 3.96.

That sounds like me. I still have not heard anything. I have a graduate 3.96 but my cumulative is barely over a 3.0 because of poor choices when I first went to college when I was 17. I have busted my butt to get these up with a DIY post bacc. Plus I am a NP. I think my low mcat is really messing me up.

If you don't mind me asking.. How was your MCAT and how many times have you taken it?

I’m OOS with no ties. I submitted mid July and haven’t heard anything. Should I count on not hearing back at this point?

It was a 498 my second time. I am awful at those test. If I could take my highest from each it would be a 502 but it does not work like that. I feel like I knew the content but choked on CARs the most. I was going to take one more time but now have ran into some health problems so I am not sure. I was working, studying, and raising a family. I guess Med school is off the table now.

Hmmm.. a 498 would be hard to make stand out in medical school apps unless you had a high cumulative GPA. Especially if standardized tests are your kryptonite seeing as STEPs are standardized so any ADCOM would see this as a bigger worry than your GPA.

If you're serious about medical school, I would find the one that stands out to the most and get close to them. Talk to the admin personnel, volunteer there, get a job there, etc. Basically do everything to make a name for yourself and shine in their eyes. And then see about taking the MCAT again... but only if you're sure you can push up that score a good bit. Having a family helps you a bit as, if you do well from here on out, it will put you towards the top of the non-traditional students. Best of luck!!

And to the rest, always follow up. Don't bug them unnecessarily but talk to them. They are people and they are incredibly nice.

So I’m doing a post back now, just in case. My advisor told me that everyone who gets interview early on are the IS and high stats people. Has anyone gotten an II in 2020 who’s OOS?

So I’m doing a post back now, just in case. My advisor told me that everyone who gets interview early on are the IS and high stats people. Has anyone gotten an II in 2020 who’s OOS?
Also, have any OOS applicants without strong ties to the state received an II?

Reactions: 2 users
II this morning! Out of state but lived here for the past 4 going on 5 years
First of the cycle :)!!!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
people who have interviewed already- what did you wear? (Asking the women lol)

I haven’t interviewed at this specific school, but at my interview elsewhere I wore dress pants and a nice button up with a blazer and loafers. However, a lot of people also wear heels but might take into consideration how much walking you will be doing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I and almost all the other women I’ve interviewed with wore a pant suit with either a button up or nice blouse. A couple of people had heels, but I wore flats because it was more comfortable with all the walking.

This week's interviewees were told acceptances / rejections / wait-list notifications will come in mid-march if that is helpful for any of you!

I don’t think I can wait that long.
I know it's gonna be killer for us to have to wait, but worth it! I think it went well! The MMI's are truly not as bad as the research I did made them sound.. they were honestly kind of fun (for all you people interviewing in the future, don't sweat! Be yourself- there's no good way to prep for them other than the 3 minutes of prep before each one that they give you lol)

I know it's gonna be killer for us to have to wait, but worth it! I think it went well! The MMI's are truly not as bad as the research I did made them sound.. they were honestly kind of fun (for all you people interviewing in the future, don't sweat! Be yourself- there's no good way to prep for them other than the 3 minutes of prep before each one that they give you lol)
I totally agree about the MMI! Did they say how many spots were available?

They’re not showing too much OOS love :(
Complete early August, sent an update a few weeks ago, and still complete silence. Pretty bummed since I have an EMS background and would love to still pull the occasional shift.

That's amazing! Congrats! Thats such a long road. Were you In State by chance?