2020-2021 Central Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is your "upcoming interviews" still there? I had it yesterday but I am not seeing it now.

Mine is still there so I am not sure if mine is correct/fixed.

Members don't see this ad.

Shortening the "explain academic difficulties or grades below a B minus" prompt from 2000 characters to 500 characters is a big RIP, I had that carefully pre-written :/
Was the character count including or not including spaces? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they mean "Eligible for Interview Selection" for EIS. But to answer the original question, no i'm still file complete-ready for review but it has been less than 15 business days

Reactions: 1 user
Normally what % of applicants reach the EFI stage?

Can someone please post the link to check the application status? Having issues with my link

Can someone please post the link to check the application status? Having issues with my link
Can anyone clarify if "Eligible for Interview Selection" = II or if that just means you're eligible to potentially receive an II?

Members don't see this ad :)
EFI does not = II, it just means you could potentially get one and that you have met their requirements whatever they may be to be eligible for an interview

Reactions: 1 users
A goodly majority of applicants will achieve EFI status. You will receive an email that will provide many details. Your dashboard will also provide you with a short definition when your status changes.

Reactions: 5 users
My status was just updated for "Eligible for Interview Selection"

Reactions: 3 users
As someone from Orlando who already gets a bunch of spams w 407 area codes I will be answering every single call I get lmfao but I’m sure they would leave a voicemail and/or email

Also got the eligible for interview status via portal. no email though

For those whose status changed to EFI, when were you guys complete?

As someone from Orlando who already gets a bunch of spams w 407 area codes I will be answering every single call I get lmfao but I’m sure they would leave a voicemail and/or email
Calls from MD Admissions will normally come from 407-266-13xx or maybe 813-784-36xx. We will always leave a voicemail and often eventually follow-up with an email.

Correction to my previous entry: there will be no EFI email, EFI information is addressed in the FC email.

Calls from MD Admissions will normally come from 407-266-13xx or maybe 813-784-36xx. We will always leave a voicemail and often eventually follow-up with an email.

Correction to my previous entry: there will be no EFI email, EFI information is addressed in the FC email.
What is the FC email?

Can anyone clarify if "Eligible for Interview Selection" = II or if that just means you're eligible to potentially receive an II?
Its just a post 2ry screen. Youre EIS if you're above a 500 MCAT and 3.0 GPA, it doesn't really mean much

"An Admissions Office Review Team for Applicants (AORTA) will begin a full review of your entire application to consider you for an interview; files that meet or exceed our minimum 3.0 GPA and 500 MCAT requirements will be reviewed. We will carefully look for the broad diversity of motivations, talents, and skills that we desire for the members of the next class. We anticipate that this review may take up to 10-15 business days to complete. The result of the individual AORTA review will be either "eligible for interview selection" (EFI) or "not competitive" for an interview. "

I think this indicates that only those above that threshold will be reviewed. However, I don't believe that means everyone who is above it will receive EIS.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Is there any indication on when these calls will start?

"An Admissions Office Review Team for Applicants (AORTA) will begin a full review of your entire application to consider you for an interview; files that meet or exceed our minimum 3.0 GPA and 500 MCAT requirements will be reviewed. We will carefully look for the broad diversity of motivations, talents, and skills that we desire for the members of the next class. We anticipate that this review may take up to 10-15 business days to complete. The result of the individual AORTA review will be either "eligible for interview selection" (EFI) or "not competitive" for an interview. "

I think this indicates that only those above that threshold will be reviewed. However, I don't believe that means everyone who is above it will receive EIS.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
I read that the same way. It doesn’t take 2 weeks for a computer to screen above a 500 lol

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if I will be screened out for having AP English credit and no further english classes? I have other communications and writing intensive Spanish classes on my transcript. Thank you
you are completely fine..I only have ap English credit too

My status has been "Awaiting completion of Supplemental Application, Fee Payment, and receipt of all LOR's." When they have had all three for weeks.

My status has been "Awaiting completion of Supplemental Application, Fee Payment, and receipt of all LOR's." When they have had all three for weeks.
Maybe try emailing? Your status should definitely be at least File Complete- Ready for Review if everything is in

Maybe try emailing? Your status should definitely be at least File Complete- Ready for Review if everything is in

I called and was told I would receive the completed email today. Idk why it took 3 weeks but it's done now.

Thank you! And it won't let you submit if you are over this limit? Because I have been inputting and saving answers over the limit with no issues?
It may let you submit if you are over the limit, but I would just follow the instructions. Paste in Microsoft if you need to check.

Thank you! And it won't let you submit if you are over this limit? Because I have been inputting and saving answers over the limit with no issues?
It may let you submit if you are over the limit, but I would just follow the instructions. Paste in Microsoft if you need to check.
Thanks, I was just wondering because the instructions don't specify whether spaces are included or not. So I was wondering if anyone was able to submit their answers maybe with a character count of 500 or 750 for the respective prompts not including spaces??

Just speaking from experience here, while it is amazing that everyone has made it this far to EFI, it does not mean you will receive an interview. Many friends and myself included were EFI for months and months last year and did not receive further communication. It just means that you passed through the screening. Lots of schools do similar things. If you try to decode every little word that these portals have, you will drive yourself crazy. You worked hard to get here. Take some time to relax, breathe, and love your self.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
How strict is the 2 week deadline for Florida schools like UCF? I plan on submitting today but am 15 days out since I received the secondary. Is this going to hurt me in any way?

As well, for the 2 page essay what are you guys including? I was just going to submit my diversity essay but thats not even half a page long...

Its still early on in the application cycle. I wouldn't worry about it if you are submitting today. If you waited until september after getting a secondary there would be a number of things wrong, but I think I think you are good.

How strict is the 2 week deadline for Florida schools like UCF? I plan on submitting today but am 15 days out since I received the secondary. Is this going to hurt me in any way?

As well, for the 2 page essay what are you guys including? I was just going to submit my diversity essay but thats not even half a page long...
What's the difference? Are you going to bail and not submit if someone tells you it's strict? The time to worry about this was last week. Now all you can do is get it in!! :)

Also -- don't worry. If you are attractive, they are not going to throw your application out after processing your fee because you submitted on day 15 instead of day 14. And, if you aren't attractive, getting it in in the first 24 hours won't help.

status just updated to EIS! I know a lot of people get it, but still exciting!:)

Reactions: 3 users
@REL so I don’t know if you’re allowed to divulge this info but I thought I’d ask: have you noticed any change (increase or decrease) in the amount of applicants at this point in the cycle when compared to previous years?