2020-2021 Central Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@REL how many II’s do you think will be sent out every week?
We are still working our way though this new module, our target is about 16 per week for now, that could increase as we move deeper into the interview cycle.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If we moved on to EFI, is it safe to assume we have no red flags on our apps? I have this one really minor, and quite inconsequential, IA that I reported out of cautiousness, but just a little worried I might not have described it completely or if there was any chance for misinterpretation.
 
If we moved on to EFI, is it safe to assume we have no red flags on our apps? I have this one really minor, and quite inconsequential, IA that I reported out of cautiousness, but just a little worried I might not have described it completely or if there was any chance for misinterpretation.
It appears that you have explained it sufficiently to be considered by the reviewers at this point to become EFI.
 
can the two page essay be similar to an autobiography of our lives?
General advice to me has been not to repeat content in your essays. I think it is okay if there is some overlap, as long as you spend more time writing about the different perspective you are trying to illustrate in more detail then redescribing the event you are referring to from your autobiography. Does this make sense?
 
Does anyone know the rough percentage of EFI status applicants that receive an II before the end of the cycle?

The number admissions has given me is around 5,000 students apply. Many or most make it to EFI. 450 are interviewed, a good number are waitlisted, high tier usually moves on to accepted, middle tier has a good chance, low tier is unlikely. About 120 matriculate
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are the requirements for EFI? It's not just a 500/3.0 cuz that's the pre-secondary screen. I think they actually look at the app a bit
 
This was in the 2017 thread. Fingers crossed this is still the case!

 
does the PDF preview represent how our application will appear to adcoms? For example, when I deliberately put a single blank space between paragraphs in my two-page essay, the PDF preview shows a large, almost three space gap. When I put no spaces in between paragraphs, the text looks very condensed and clunky in the text box but appears to look the way I want it to in the PDF preview. Sorry if this is confusing haha.
 
@REL Are there more applicants submitting secondaries this year compared to last year?
It looks like an average year, it appears that we have a similar number of applicants this year, that means probably a similar number of completed 2nd apps.
 
Question about being the the EFI stage. I have been in this stage for over 3 weeks now. I haven’t submitted any update documents because nothing have changed in my life right now. But In my current research we might be getting a new paper publish and I have been started to shadow again and volunteer virtually. Are those worthy to be put on one of the updates? Thanks!
 
Question about being the the EFI stage. I have been in this stage for over 3 weeks now. I haven’t submitted any update documents because nothing have changed in my life right now. But In my current research we might be getting a new paper publish and I have been started to shadow again and volunteer virtually. Are those worthy to be put on one of the updates? Thanks!
i think the shadowing and the volunteering could be something you could mention

i was always advised to not mention anything about publications unless its already been accepted for publication by a journal, but that is only what i have been told/followed.

congrats!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@REL Do most students who get interviews submit updates prior to the invite?
Not normally because it is somewhat early in the interview season and not long after submission of AMCAS. There may not be too much to provide as an update. If you do have anything by way of application information it might be good to submit it upon completion of your interview so that the committee has all that you have done since you submitted your UCF Secondary to consider. When updating us via the Attachment section of your UCF Applicant Dashboard, it is always good to let the Admissions Office know as well.
 
I know this may sound like a weird question, but does anyone know what the admissions committee hopes to garner from knowing how you studied for the MCAT?
 
I know this may sound like a weird question, but does anyone know what the admissions committee hopes to garner from knowing how you studied for the MCAT?
I would guess it would have something to do with mapping SES and money spent to results to try to determine what kind of boost to give to low SES candidates.
 
I know this may sound like a weird question, but does anyone know what the admissions committee hopes to garner from knowing how you studied for the MCAT?
I think it’s because the way you study for the MCAT may indicate how you’ll study for the board exams and they’ll want to make sure their students can achieve excellent board scores on top of being great future physicians!
 
What kind of turnaround are you guys experiencing on going from Ready for review ---> EFI right now? If a person has a faster than average transition to EFI, does that bode well for their chances of receiving an II, or is there not really a correlation?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, quick question. Are II received by phone call for this school or would it be an email? and if it is a phone call and you miss the phone call do they leave a message? Thanks
 
Hi all, quick question. Are II received by phone call for this school or would it be an email? and if it is a phone call and you miss the phone call do they leave a message? Thanks
Phone call followed by email and portal changes. I answered call. Assume they will leave message if you don't answer.
 
Has anyone interviewed? Is it 2, 1 hour long interviews or are they not actually a whole hour? I read somewhere they are actually two 30 minute ones