2020-2021 Florida Atlantic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is the order the portal updates go in (from the last application cycle):
1. Admissions screening complete
2. Preliminary review assigned
3. Preliminary review completed
4. You will get an email with an interview invite if selected
5. Interview Report Completed
6. Admissions committee scheduled
7. Admissions committee review complete
8. Admissions decision (accepted, not accepted, alternate list)

Let me know if you guys have any other questions about the school. Good luck!
 
This is the order the portal updates go in (from the last application cycle):
1. Admissions screening complete
2. Preliminary review assigned
3. Preliminary review completed
4. You will get an email with an interview invite if selected
5. Interview Report Completed
6. Admissions committee scheduled
7. Admissions committee review complete
8. Admissions decision (accepted, not accepted, alternate list)

Let me know if you guys have any other questions about the school. Good luck!
mines been stuck at admissions screening in progress for months now. what should i do ?
 
mines been stuck at admissions screening in progress for months now. what should i do ?

Same here bud, we must be patient. Good things come to those who wait! 🙂

Side question - Does anybody know much about this program? I could not find much information when I researched their website and MSAR, other than the small class size.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just spitballing here, but maybe its taking some of us longer in the screening process is cuz we just had longer apps so there's more to review. Like maybe the people who are complete just had shorter apps so they were reviewed quicker??
 
Just spitballing here, but maybe its taking some of us longer in the screening process is cuz we just had longer apps so there's more to review. Like maybe the people who are complete just had shorter apps so they were reviewed quicker??
Not sure what you mean by longer? I am review completed and my app is “full”? 15/15 activities+max PS etc
 
Not sure what you mean by longer? I am review completed and my app is “full”? 15/15 activities+max PS etc
Yeah I meant app length. I maxed out on all my characters for PS and 2ndaries, max activities, and letter, and I had an adcom member specifically tell me that it took them a bit longer to review my app compared to other applicants just because there was so much more information to cover. That being said I'm sure there are other factors that come into play such as completion date and state residency. Plus my earlier comment was just speculation in regards to FAU lol.
 
I am guessing there are still people on here who were complete early August that still have "Admission Screening in Progress." It is very frustrating
seeing people's status change that were complete over a month later. Anyone else feel like this?
Does it have anything to do with IS/OOS or High vs. Avg MCAT score or ORM/URM?
 
I am guessing there are still people on here who were complete early August that still have "Admission Screening in Progress." It is very frustrating
seeing people's status change that were complete over a month later. Anyone else feel like this?
For what it's worth, I'm ORM, IS, 516, 3.5. Hang in there.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if the status on the portal says preliminary review completed, does the II usually follow a few hours/days later?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad