-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Florida State
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
YesThey are done with interviews this cycle right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1This is for everyone including myself who find themselves waitlisted and are praying for an A, I wish you all....... Best Of Luck!!!
thepatientlywaiting1
New Member
Same to you!!This is for everyone including myself who find themselves waitlisted and are praying for an A, I wish you all....... Best Of Luck!!!
viszlaking
Full Member
Congrats! Was it post interview or waitlist?Accepted to their bridge!
Congrats! I also have the same question. Do you get placeat Bridge after being waitlisted for MD or do they just give your bridge acceptance directly after interviewing. Also, did you interview in April?Accepted to their bridge!
I’m not sure how they go about sending their decisions. But I interviewed April 12th, was waitlisted April 20th. Accepted to bridge May 3rd.Congrats! I also have the same question. Do you get placeat Bridge after being waitlisted for MD or do they just give your bridge acceptance directly after interviewing. Also, did you interview in April?
Waitlist!Congrats! Was it post interview or waitlist?
futurehopefuldoc
Full Member
Bridge students receive a waitlist before being accepted into the Bridge program!Congrats! I also have the same question. Do you get placeat Bridge after being waitlisted for MD or do they just give your bridge acceptance directly after interviewing. Also, did you interview in April?
floracathe
New Member
I have looked to this site for an idea of what’s going on during this tough application cycle and waiting, and so hopefully this will be helpful...
I have also been accepted into the Bridge program after being waitlisted, and I’m very excited! My best wishes to you all!
I have also been accepted into the Bridge program after being waitlisted, and I’m very excited! My best wishes to you all!
CongratsI have looked to this site for an idea of what’s going on during this tough application cycle and waiting, and so hopefully this will be helpful...
I have also been accepted into the Bridge program after being waitlisted, and I’m very excited! My best wishes to you all!
It seems that those who interviewed in April were for a spot in the Bridge Program. Hoping to see some more movement on the WL for MD program soonBridge students receive a waitlist before being accepted into the Bridge program!
Edit: Nevermind looks like a March interviewer also got Bridge. We will just have to wait and see
Are you accepting the offer? If so, why? Just curious. Feel free to DM me.I have looked to this site for an idea of what’s going on during this tough application cycle and waiting, and so hopefully this will be helpful...
I have also been accepted into the Bridge program after being waitlisted, and I’m very excited! My best wishes to you all!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nada but did anyone read this: FSU College of Medicine once again nation's most selective medical school - Florida State University News
congrats! Are you accepting the offer?Accepted to their bridge!
3.6 Undergrad 3.3 Grad 503 MCATCONGRATS!!!! would you mind providing stats? Was it by phone or email?
Clinical pharmacist for 10 years at an underserved clinic
Thank you 😊wow, thanks well...your on your way... happy for you
Congrats.... was it over the phone or emailAccepted off the waitlist! Good luck to everyone! I hope you get into the school of your choice!
Congrats.... was it over the phone or email
I still think is ****ty how they ghosted everyone that didn't get an Interview!
Thank you! Considering declining the offer.congrats! Are you accepting the offer?
floridaheatkills
Full Member
I would check past threads to see when the bulk of it happens here. Since FSU starts in June, I'd assume there will be tons more before/by May 20th.I’m kind of surprised there hasn’t been more waitlist movement. I wonder if there won’t be much this year....?
Anybody know if they send out rejection emails to those on the waitlist once they’re done filling the I h
This would suck given that orientation in June 1...but getting off the WL is end goal hahaI would check past threads to see when the bulk of it happens here. Since FSU starts in June, I'd assume there will be tons more before/by May 20th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Your post is exactly how I feel and I love FSU. It just sucks having our lives in limboSorry, I didn't mean to be disrespectful to the school or its administration. I'm actually a huge fan, was just venting. Good luck everyone!!!
premedstudent722
New Member
Got accepted to Bridge Program (off waitlist). Interviewed 11/30. Does anyone know if there is a groupme or fb page for bridge members? If not, can we make one? 😃
Thefutureisyours26
New Member
Please make one! I got accepted as well and have been trying to figure out if there is a page/GroupMe, interviewed 11/20Got accepted to Bridge Program (off waitlist). Interviewed 11/30. Does anyone know if there is a groupme or fb page for bridge members? If not, can we make one? 😃
When did you get your acceptance?Got accepted to Bridge Program (off waitlist). Interviewed 11/30. Does anyone know if there is a groupme or fb page for bridge members? If not, can we make one? 😃
premedstudent722
New Member
5/6.When did you get your acceptance?
PuzzleHeadedKiwi101
Full Member
What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?I got interviewed on 10/9 and felt I did really well, both my interviewers said I did really well and I had their vote, but then got WL a couple weeks later🙁 I’ve been holding out this whole time, but after reading this entire thread, I’m pretty sure I have zero chance. Sucks, cuz FSU was my top choice, and only option at this point
It was mentioned during my interview (by dr. Lay well) that in general FSU does not pull much from the WL. So it’s not a covid year thing, it’s just an FSU thing.I’m kind of surprised there hasn’t been more waitlist movement. I wonder if there won’t be much this year....?
Also, I dropped a link earlier showing that they were consider “the most selective school” being that they gave out 149 acceptance for 120 spots. Prob bc most of their people either don’t have another choice or very likely will attend fsu bc they are alumni and the tuition is very cheap compared to other Florida schools.
As far as 8K apps for 120 spots, that is nothing compared to one of my other schools where it’s was 18,000 for 190 spots. The wl has 200 students. At least FSU’s WL is approx 50 (according to MSAR).
As far as 8K apps for 120 spots, that is nothing compared to one of my other schools where it’s was 18,000 for 190 spots. The wl has 200 students. At least FSU’s WL is approx 50 (according to MSAR).
This makes me feel warm and fuzzyIt was mentioned during my interview (by dr. Lay well) that in general FSU does not pull much from the WL. So it’s not a covid year thing, it’s just an FSU thing.
10- 11 of those spots are bridge. So it’s not a lot in reality.Just weird bc MSAR said they usually take 20 off the waitlist out of 50, last I checked a few months ago
bestofluck_M2
New Member
As a current student at FSU CoM, just want to chime in to say that I do know students from prior application cycles who interviewed in April and were admitted in May to the MD program. Can’t comment on what’s happening currently this year, but I would say that there is a chance. If you’re on the WL, highly recommend putting in a LOI if you haven’t already (if FSU is your first choice) or finding some way to show continued interest/commitment to the school. G’luck all, keep your spirits up!I just wanted to say that as someone on the WL who interviewed in April, I did not enjoy reading these posts today. 😂
FSU accepts LOI?
bestofluck_M2
New Member
I’ve never heard about the CoM not accepting letters of intent. I know numerous student who have submitted them in the past and have never heard of any problems...FSU accepts LOI?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like it’s over 🥲Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence.......... anyone hear anything?
D
deleted1051859
Has anyone called to see if they expect more movement? Class starts in like 2 weeks, I doubt they're still trying to fill slots
Got my official rejection today. 🙁