2020-2021 Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
got the R. makes sense because my interview was a nightmare. hope you guys enjoy your time at this school... clearly is not the place for me lol.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Patiently awaiting my pre-II R :)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all admitted! Let me know what questions you have about HMS!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted for Pathways this morning at 10:18am
(Clinic was crazy so I wasn’t able to check my phone until now lol)

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I appreciated Harvard's friendly rejection email. Lol 😊

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone accepted get notified of the Reach scholarship nomination ? In they past they let you know of your nomination when you got accepted, wondering if it is the same this year .

Did anyone accepted get notified of the Reach scholarship nomination ? In they past they let you know of your nomination when you got accepted, wondering if it is the same this year .
Yes!

Quick question for those who were accepted! First of all, congratulations :)
Did you guys send in any update letters/or anything after your interview (other than thank you emails to your interviewers?)

HST + MSTP A yesterday :') a dream come true! congrats all!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
does anyone choose Pathways over HST?

• Haha

I would choose Pathways over HST and I did! I like that Pathways students go into rotations earlier! And while I like research, I wouldn’t want it to be the #1 focus of my medical education. I think it’s really a matter of preference

I think it really depends on what you want to get out of your medical education. Some people might want to have a deeper focus on research, which HST leans towards, or more freedom to explore what they are passionate about (which might be research too), which Pathways offers. Pathways also has earlier clinical experiences, which many people might lean towards.

I might be wrong here, but I also think that HST offers a lot more research/classes/mentorship options at MIT. I don't even know if someone from Pathways could do research at MIT if they wanted to.

Any word on an accepted students FB group or contact info for current students?

In a shocking turn of events, I got the R yesterday hahahaha (jk)

• Sad
Is anyone else not super psyched about living in Vanderbilt lol I HATED dorm living in undergrad and yet here we are again...

Is anyone else not super psyched about living in Vanderbilt lol I HATED dorm living in undergrad and yet here we are again...
Even though around 70% of students live at Vandy, I don't think it is mandatory. During the social Zooms, plenty of MS1s said they lived in apartments with other students/roommates. I think a lot of people choose to live in Vandy because of the convenience.

Yeah, I know I can’t do a dorm style living situation. Fortunately, that’s not an option for me since I live with my partner
Same here! Can't imagine being in a dorm with my partner , haha !

Like 70% of our M1 class lives off campus this year because of COVID! Definitely doable and gives you a lot of freedom :)

Like 70% of our M1 class lives off campus this year because of COVID! Definitely doable and gives you a lot of freedom :)
Any good apartment suggestions? I was looking in the Fenway area but the prices don't exactly align with the cost of attendance allotment for living expenses too well

Big congrats to everyone who got accepted. I’m on the tail end of my time at HMS so I’m happy to answer any questions you might have.

Big congrats to everyone who got accepted. I’m on the tail end of my time at HMS so I’m happy to answer any questions you might have.
Congrats!!! Do you know how many people get off WL from HST each year, if any :D:D

Thank you! Super hyped about the possibility of HMS.

Was wondering if you have a rough idea of how long it takes for the financial aid office to released awards ?

Congrats!!! Do you know how many people get off WL from HST each year, if any :D:D
Not sure — rumor has it they're being more careful with the HST waitlist this year because they overenrolled last year

Anyone know if Harvard matches merit aid from awards ?

Any good apartment suggestions? I was looking in the Fenway area but the prices don't exactly align with the cost of attendance allotment for living expenses too well
Fenway is expensive, Mission Hill is JUST as close to campus and is much more affordable. And, there is a lot in Brookline that is more affordable. If you are trying to get a 1 bedroom, though, you will have to spend more than you are allotted via financial aid. But I live in a 3 person apartment and it's ~1000 each, which is rather doable for the area.

Fenway is expensive, Mission Hill is JUST as close to campus and is much more affordable. And, there is a lot in Brookline that is more affordable. If you are trying to get a 1 bedroom, though, you will have to spend more than you are allotted via financial aid. But I live in a 3 person apartment and it's ~1000 each, which is rather doable for the area.

Thanks so much for the info!!! How did you go about finding your roommates?

I was here in the fall so I met them here in Boston. But LOTS of people found roommates on an excel spreadsheet! Someone in your class can make it and post it in your class page. Sooner rather than later, honestly, so I’d start looking once you decide to come here ;)
Thanks so much for the info!!! How did you go about finding your roommates?

Hi there! Does anyone know what the Dean's REACH scholarship entails? There's really no exact info about it on their website.

Was debating posting or not but I guess sharing info is always good — accepted to pathways last week. Cried a lot. Congrats to everyone else who got accepted, best of luck to everyone on the WL, and I hope everyone loves wherever they end up <3

• Love
Question, I interpreted submit financial aid by March 15th to mean that you can submit it on the 15th (before midnight) and be okay. Now I'm doubting that... did it need to be submitted BEFORE March 15th?

Im trying to decide between on campus vs off campus housing. Can some of the current students give an average price for Vandy? Also will the Cost of attendance increase if we decide to live off campus (Since its prob more expensive)? Thanks!

Last edited: