2021-2022 Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Imma call it! It’s not coming out today. Friday it is. See you then my dudes

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
HMS admissions has made its way into my dreams to the point where I imagine walking the campus/bookstore etc and waking up multiple times a night . What is this torture

Members don't see this ad :)
Gonna suck when it comes out Friday 3/4 and the financial aid deadline is literally 10 days after 😭😭

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
my blind optimism is still hanging on. this will be the first year for afternoon notifications :)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Do any M1 or M2s on here know anything about when decisions will come out? I just don’t understand how it’s so late with the financial aid deadline being on the 15th

Reactions: 4 users
Do any M1 or M2s on here know anything about when decisions will come out? I just don’t understand how it’s so late with the financial aid deadline being on the 15th
maybe they've canceled tuition and there's no need for financial aid anymore </s but can you imagine...>

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
We are all just such fantastic applicants this cycle they need to take longer to decide : )

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Another scenario, they’ve emailed all the accepted students and specifically asked them to not post on sdn to keep us in the dark.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users
Another scenario, they’ve emailed all the accepted students and specifically asked them to not post on sdn to keep us in the dark.

Another scenario, there is no HMS. Never was. We all wake up from a collective dream.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
...guess what Case Western does exactly this.

• Okay...
Another scenario, there is no HMS. Never was. We all wake up from a collective dream.
Another scenario...We never applied. This is all one long dream about the application cycle and we're only freshman.

• Haha
  • Wow
M1 here: we haven't heard anything about the admissions timeline since early February, when they told us they were finishing up their decisions. Wishing everyone good luck!

For real? Tell us more!
Haha you can check the page. They sent out a zoom meeting email to a bunch of people. Everyone was trying to figure out what they meant. They seem to have had two separate zooms, one for acceptances and one for waitlists, and then told everyone in them not to disclose what happened at the meeting, from the best we could figure out by piecing together multiple people that said “about to enter guys, will report back” then never reported back. And these guys were pretty active in the thread too.

I’m thinking it’s gonna be Friday but imma still stress thinking it’s tomorrow, here’s to another night of zero sleep 👹

I don't think anything gets released on a Thursday lol, so I guess its either Friday or Monday (that would suck though)

I hope it's tomorrow given that releasing them this Friday would be the latest date based on the data another user provided that went back to 2017. But probably Friday-who knows. This is no joke taking a serious toll on my mental health and functioning (low-key embarrassing, I know.) But from someone who interviewed about 6 months ago, I am so ready for this to end and move on. My interview wasn't even that great so I don't even know why I still think I have a shot but it's honestly hard to give up all hope

• Care
I hope it's tomorrow given that releasing them this Friday would be the latest date based on the data another user provided that went back to 2017. But probably Friday-who knows. This is no joke taking a serious toll on my mental health and functioning (low-key embarrassing, I know.) But from someone who interviewed about 6 months ago, I am so ready for this to end and move on. My interview wasn't even that great so I don't even know why I still care but it's honestly hard to give up all hope
You’ll pull through dawg. Believe in the me that believes in you!

• Care
For real? Tell us more!
Lol. F*** Case Western.

If this is true, i think it’s sketchy af.
Haha you can check the page. They sent out a zoom meeting email to a bunch of people. Everyone was trying to figure out what they meant. They seem to have had two separate zooms, one for acceptances and one for waitlists, and then told everyone in them not to disclose what happened at the meeting, from the best we could figure out by piecing together multiple people that said “about to enter guys, will report back” then never reported back. And these guys were pretty active in the thread too.
It’s actually that they send out a zoom invite, telling a select handful of candidates that they have had some last minute changes in procedures that they want to make them aware of, and ask them to join a brief call the next day. There is only one call, an acceptance call. They want to congratulate everyone in a face to face, fun way. This is their idea of making it a fun surprise for their accepted applicants.

During the call, they ask the applicants not to ruin the fun for the next group of students, which includes not talking about it on SDN. It’s a friendly request, not a threat or legally binding agreement of any sort. Of course, a few people have talked about it anyway.

I do feel bad for the students that have to sit there wondering if it’s bad that they didn’t get the invite. While it’s reasonable to say you think this idea of fun, is in fact unfair to the applicants who don’t get the invite, they mean well. They even ask in the zoom call what everyone thinks of the idea; I’m sure they’re receptive to criticism and would respond accordingly… but who’s reaaaally gonna speak up on that call? Lol

It’s actually that they send out a zoom invite, telling a select handful of candidates that they have had some last minute changes in procedures that they want to make them aware of, and ask them to join a brief call the next day. There is only one call, an acceptance call. They want to congratulate everyone in a face to face, fun way. This is their idea of making it a fun surprise for their accepted applicants.

During the call, they ask the applicants not to ruin the fun for the next group of students, which includes not talking about it on SDN. It’s a friendly request, not a threat or legally binding agreement of any sort. Of course, a few people have talked about it anyway.

I do feel bad for the students that have to sit there wondering if it’s bad that they didn’t get the invite. While it’s reasonable to say you think this idea of fun, is in fact unfair to the applicants who don’t get the invite, they mean well. They even ask in the zoom call what everyone thinks of the idea; I’m sure they’re receptive to criticism and would respond accordingly… but who’s reaaaally gonna speak up on that call? Lol

I would speak up during the Case call if Harvard had released the acceptances

I hope it's tomorrow given that releasing them this Friday would be the latest date based on the data another user provided that went back to 2017. But probably Friday-who knows. This is no joke taking a serious toll on my mental health and functioning (low-key embarrassing, I know.) But from someone who interviewed about 6 months ago, I am so ready for this to end and move on. My interview wasn't even that great so I don't even know why I still think I have a shot but it's honestly hard to give up all hope
i'm in the same boat as you! We're all in this together!

• Care

I feel like most people on SDN who looked into Case Western know about this "surprise" already.

I feel like most people on SDN who looked into Case Western know about this "surprise" already.
I interviewed at cclcm not case, so I just knew the overarching details because I didn’t loook too closely. Thanks for giving a better explanation into it.

I'm convinced HMS is running a cruel new stress test to finalize As

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
1646322784882.png

Interesting. Usually they release decisions before the portal is open. Hmm but it’s past 10

AAMC needs to stop emailing about their virtual fairs.

Literally gave me a heart attack.

Reactions: 6 users
I think it's just been taking them extra long to round up more faculty members to teach the new 400 person entering class of 2022

You meant 800?

Also I had to post it because the user name of the guy before me.

I hope we all get to rest easily tonight. Regardless of what happens you’re all amazing and will end up where you are meant to 💖💖

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
I hope we all get to rest easily tonight. Regardless of what happens you’re all amazing and will end up where you are meant to 💖💖
i second that!!! you guys are all incredible people and deserve the absolute best! Good luck <3

• Care
It's like crappy christmas eve
you get amazing presents in the morning but only 30% of the time
(assuming results come out tomorrow, of course)

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
idk about y’all but since I’ve had my HMS interview I’ve been daydreaming about some really cool future goals for myself! I think a part of me is just grateful that prepping for my interview I was able to envision what I could do within medicine for society if I were a part of a community made of some of the world’s most brilliant yet compassionate minds. I’m really praying for the best tmr but whatever the outcome, I’m rooting for you all and am sure someday we’re all not gonna be just doctors, we’re gonna be AMAZING doctors 😤😁

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 20 users
M1 Here! Good luck today, or whenever they decide to tell you guys! Whatever today, or next week brings, you guys will do great!

May the odds be ever in your favour!

20220304_080109.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
^ ditto . regardless of how it shakes out all of y’all are so amazing & will do such powerful things, and should be so proud of having such a great cycle. it’s an honor to call y’all future collageaues & I hope we meet in the future no matter where it is!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
I don’t know what I would do if it didn’t come out today…I’m not sure if I can handle this stress much longer lol

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
I don’t know what I would do if it didn’t come out today…I’m not sure if I can handle this stress much longer lol
I've honestly just assumed I won't get in this whole time, so my stress level has been absurdly low to the point where even today I forgot it was coming out until I saw sdn.

I actually don't know how I would react if I got in lol, because it would be so unexpected.

At this point anything is possible but that would give us so little time to complete financial aid if it didnt come out today :(

At this point anything is possible but that would give us so little time to complete financial aid if it didnt come out today :(
I like to believe the “march 4” fin aid portal someone posted a pic of means decisions come out today