You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Harvard
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yeah not to be neurotic, but has anybody confirmed that they did not submit their SSN but also did not get an email asking them to?This whole ssn thing is giving me anxiety lol….
Last edited:
dococ213
Full Member
It's sort of strange because I think the SSN email was sent out last year on around Feb 10th, I wonder why it was sent so late this yearYeah not to be neurotic, but has anybody confirmed that they did not submit their SSN but also did not get an interview asking them to?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
weallgonnamakeit
Full Member
Do we all think it’s gonna be tomorrow? Also is the acceptance rate post II 30% ?
Never tell me the odds - Han Solo
But yes … last year the Post-II A rate was 29.3%
But yes … last year the Post-II A rate was 29.3%
Does this include WL?Never tell me the odds - Han Solo
But yes … last year the Post-II A rate was 29.3%
inoffensivepersona
Full Member
it’s been lower than 29.3% before.I hope not! 29.3% already looks a small percentage to me hahha. U have no idea how much I wish this number was at least 50%.
It always does.Does this include WL?
Is this for all the programs aggregated? I wonder if the post-II rates for Pathways vs HST vs MD-PhD are drastically different from one anotherNever tell me the odds - Han Solo
But yes … last year the Post-II A rate was 29.3%
Not sure about MD-PhD, but based on the videos/info sessions they provided, HST and Pathways should have similar numbers. Someone please feel to correct me if I'm wrong.Is this for all the programs aggregated? I wonder if the post-II rates for Pathways vs HST vs MD-PhD are drastically different from one another
Agree that HST & Path are similar but I also got 20% for matriculation rate (which acc to @allseasons gives us the ~30% acceptance)Not sure about MD-PhD, but based on the videos/info sessions they provided, HST and Pathways should have similar numbers. Someone please feel to correct me if I'm wrong.
(E: The MD-PhD numbers are rolled into those stats... but maybe admission to MD-PhD is contingent on admission to HST/Path so the result might accidentally still work out?)
Reader138494
New Member
I did this too! I realized randomly in early January (interviewed in Nov.) and freaked out a little. I wonder if they added these categories later...? That or I just totally overlooked it when signing up for an interview slotI also suppose I never uploaded a photo or added a phonentic pronunciation of my name on the interview portal. Big oops but I have added them now lol
weallgonnamakeit
Full Member
Best of luck to everyone if tomorrow is the day ❤️
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
weallgonnamakeit
Full Member
Anyone else anxiously refreshing their emails hoping it’s today?
more like refreshing the sdn pageAnyone else anxiously refreshing their emails hoping it’s today?
I get notifications from only this one email address. So I can scream in real time
View attachment 351110I just saw this on the financial aid portal. Does this mean that decisions are coming out today 👀😂
I doubt it.
I think it's tomorrow. . it's already too late for today
Ferdaos
Full Member
You're probably right @Kubizkfor those curious, here are decision dates and times for the previous 5 cycles:
-2017: Fri, 3/3 (~10:45 am EST)
-2018: Fri, 3/2 (~10:00 am EST)
-2019: Fri, 3/1 (~10:15 am EST)
-2020: Fri, 2/28 (~10:00 am EST)
-2021: Tues, 3/2 (~9:15 am EST)
you're welcome 😛
I just want to know if Im getting friendzoned 😭
busybee4ever
New Member
anyone know if HMS uses giveaway subject lines when releasing decisions to applicants?
Reader138494
New Member
Sigh. Really wanted to get this over with today 🥺.
from the list up there, it seems like they try to do it on Fridays every year aside from the COVID year, so I am guessing March 4th?You're probably right @Kubizk
I just want to know if Im getting friendzoned 😭
elbowtienoodles
Full Member
It would be so weird if it's March 4th because that gives students like no time to do the financial aid due on the 14th. I was expecting today since last year's results came out on Tuesday the 2nd and aid was due on the 15th, so I thought they would allow for a two-week period to submit aid--not 9 days.
weallgonnamakeit
Full Member
Might be tomorrow then, so that we have 2 weeksIt would be so weird if it's March 4th because that gives students like no time to do the financial aid due on the 14th. I was expecting today since last year's results came out on Tuesday the 2nd and aid was due on the 15th, so I thought they would allow for a two-week period to submit aid--not 9 days.
weallgonnamakeit
Full Member
The fact I keep getting waitlisted by other schools like Stanford and UChicago doesn’t make me feel too good about the A coming from Harvard, but a man can hope 😭
elbowtienoodles
Full Member
Same. Just got waitlisted by Columbia. Feeling really low and like I am just waiting for the ax to drop. I don't know why I have any shred of hope left for Havard, but oh well. I am just so exhausted by this entire process and the waiting games. At this point, I just want some closure.The fact I keep getting waitlisted by other schools like Stanford and UChicago doesn’t make me feel too good about the A coming from Harvard, but a man can hope 😭
inoffensivepersona
Full Member
+1. Stanford dropped me yesterday.Same. Just got waitlisted by Columbia. Feeling really low and like I am just waiting for the ax to drop. I don't know why I have any shred of hope left for Havard, but oh well. I am just so exhausted by this entire process and the waiting games. At this point, I just want some closure.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
independent events! each school is looking for something a bit different in candidates/has its own process of selection. try not to perseverate and take care of yourself the next few days!Same. Just got waitlisted by Columbia. Feeling really low and like I am just waiting for the ax to drop. I don't know why I have any shred of hope left for Havard, but oh well. I am just so exhausted by this entire process and the waiting games. At this point, I just want some closure.
it's very impressive you even interviewed at them though. I'm sure you'll do well regardless in whichever med school you end up attendingSame boat. WL at Stanford, UChicago and Yale. Ohhhh I'm so not ready to be heart broken again. My MCAT is way below the 10th percentile at these schools. so I'm guessing it matters after interview too??
Yes, everything matters, always. It's a misconception that everyone is in exactly the same place once selected for an interview, and that the interview alone determines outcomes.Same boat. WL at Stanford, UChicago and Yale. Ohhhh I'm so not ready to be heart broken again. My MCAT is way below the 10th percentile at these schools. so I'm guessing it matters after interview too??
The interview is merely the final input into a file that goes to a committee for a decision, for those who make it that far. This is why, although it's true that each school is independent and makes its own decisions, patterns do start to develop where people who are successful at one T10 are successful at many, and vice versa.
There are certainly plenty n=1 success stories at a single school, so you should never give up hope, but the patterns you observe are not random occurrences, and people who are marginal and get IIs and then WLs at one top school tend to see the same results at several.
SchmuckNugget
Full Member
The fact I keep getting waitlisted by other schools like Stanford and UChicago doesn’t make me feel too good about the A coming from Harvard, but a man can hope 😭
Same. Just got waitlisted by Columbia. Feeling really low and like I am just waiting for the ax to drop. I don't know why I have any shred of hope left for Havard, but oh well. I am just so exhausted by this entire process and the waiting games. At this point, I just want some closure.
+1. Stanford dropped me yesterday.
Same for me too. Bopped by Stanford, mayo, Columbia, NYU, etc. Somehow Harvard feels unlikely after all that, but hey! I'll be happy if it comes and not surprised if it doesn't 🙂Same boat. WL at Stanford, UChicago and Yale. Ohhhh I'm so not ready to be heart broken again. My MCAT is way below the 10th percentile at these schools. so I'm guessing it matters after interview too??
weallgonnamakeit
Full Member
I’ve gotten into schools at the same tier as Harvard as well as waitlisted at other peer institutions, so I’m not sure how this is gonna go, it honestly seems so random at this point
Reader138494
New Member
I'm in a sort of similar situation--post-II R from Yale, WL at UChicago, WL at Cornell, but acceptance at a T5. It feels a bit random. Very grateful for what has worked out, but feeling like Harvard is a bit unlikely as well. Hoping I'm wrongI’ve gotten into schools at the same tier as Harvard as well as waitlisted at other peer institutions, so I’m not sure how this is gonna go, it honestly seems so random at this point
weallgonnamakeit
Full Member
Yeah fr it just seems like a crapshootI'm in a sort of similar situation--post-II R from Yale, WL at UChicago, WL at Cornell, but acceptance at a T5. It feels a bit random. Very grateful for what has worked out, but feeling like Harvard is a bit unlikely as well. Hoping I'm wrong
SchmuckNugget
Full Member
Ok what are these "T5" schools? I see this on forums all the time. Are folks going off of US News - Research rankings? Or is there just some commonly accepted ranking in everyone's minds? (the same with "T10" and "T20")I'm in a sort of similar situation--post-II R from Yale, WL at UChicago, WL at Cornell, but acceptance at a T5. It feels a bit random. Very grateful for what has worked out, but feeling like Harvard is a bit unlikely as well. Hoping I'm wrong
KanekiS1E12
Full Member
I feel like people are usually just talking about US News Rankings, which is a bit dumb because the ranking algorithm is so arbitrary and doesn’t really relate to what makes a good school. Another set of people seem to think T5 is Harvard, Hopkins, UCSF, Stanford, *insert your favorite 5th mix em up and shake them into whatever order you want*, and that they are in their own class of prestige and “door opening” ability.Ok what are these "T5" schools? I see this on forums all the time. Are folks going off of US News - Research rankings? Or is there just some commonly accepted ranking in everyone's minds? (the same with "T10" and "T20")
Edit: I also don’t agree with this second set of people. Or really in ranking schools as a practice.
Last edited:
SchmuckNugget
Full Member
I really hope Harvard sends out decisions early tomorrow for no better reason than to change the subject from another prolonged ranking debate. SDN should have a separate forum just for this.
Wrote out a whole thing but I empathize with the desire to avoid discussions of ranking. In brief, I also question the idea of a universal TX (though perhaps am just salty about recent rejections from schools potentially in that list lol). Anyway, I wish you all the absolute best. You're legends regardless and I hope to meet you one day as colleagues.I feel like people are usually just talking about US News Rankings, which is a bit dumb because the ranking algorithm is so arbitrary and doesn’t really relate to what makes a good school. Another set of people seem to think T5 is Harvard, Hopkins, UCSF, Stanford, *insert your favorite 5th mix em up and shake them into whatever order you want*, and that they are in their own class of prestige and “door opening” ability.
Edit: I also don’t agree with this second set of people. Or really in ranking schools as a practice.
weallgonnamakeit
Full Member
Hopefully today is the day so I can finally get a good night of sleep
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MotorLover
Full Member
SGU > HarvardOk what are these "T5" schools? I see this on forums all the time. Are folks going off of US News - Research rankings? Or is there just some commonly accepted ranking in everyone's minds? (the same with "T10" and "T20")
AUC > Harvard
D
deleted938190
What if it doesn’t come out today? Lol HMS playing games.
I don't care what the answer is at this point but i can't wait another day. I couldn't fall asleep last night until 3 AM.
I don't care what the answer is at this point but i can't wait another day. I couldn't fall asleep last night until 3 AM.
Agreed
As long as they give the answer I want [emoji1787]