2020-2021 Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got II's for HST and Pathways!!! LM 80, ORM, complete 7/23

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got R for MD/PhD but II for Pathways! C 7/23, LizzyM 77

Reactions: 8 users
Oh wow! They are sending rejections for their MD/PhD program already. Have they started sending rejections for MD?

Oh wow! They are sending rejections for their MD/PhD program already. Have they started sending rejections for MD?
It seems that if you applied to multiple programs and one wants to interview you they check with the rest of the programs to see if they want to talk to you as well. I have only seen R's on here from people who also received an II.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pathways II!!! Not sure how it's real but I'll take it!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
HST II (7/20)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 users
IIs for MD-PhD, Pathways, and HST!!! Complete 7/17!

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
Could anyone who recently got an II let us know where they are at with interviews? I assume still super early based on II announcements here

Hi! Congrats to those of you receiving interviews! May I ask - did you write anything for optional personal identity essay, or the optional COVID impact essay?

For the personal identity essay it says that "many applicants will not need to answer this question" but just wondering if they prefer people who do complete those optional essays.

Hi! Congrats to those of you receiving interviews! May I ask - did you write anything for optional personal identity essay, or the optional COVID impact essay?

For the personal identity essay it says that "many applicants will not need to answer this question" but just wondering if they prefer people who do complete those optional essays.

I left them blank!

Reactions: 1 user
II just now... speechless.

congratulations!! That's amazing! Just wondering - did you write anything for optional personal identity essay, or the optional COVID impact essay?

I left the personal identity one blank and was very straightforward about the COVID-19 prompt (2-3 sentences).

Reactions: 1 users
congratulations!! That's amazing! Just wondering - did you write anything for optional personal identity essay, or the optional COVID impact essay?

I wrote both. I wrote the personal identity one because I did have something valuable to share regarding my background and upbringing that wasn’t communicated in my personal statement. Also because I already had a good layout from the auto bio that UCSD makes you write so I said eh why not haha.

I wrote the COVID essay because I’m in a gap year and my post grad plans got fudged hardcore from this whole thing.

II within the last few hours. I may or may not have teared up:oops:

Filled in the personal identity and COVID essays
Not URM
Complete in late July

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
also shout out to my mom for making me apply here.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
congrats to everyone! anyone mind sharing which dates they're scheduling now?

II at noon eastern time today, for Pathways!! Completed 8/11. LM 81, OOS, ORM

Reactions: 5 users
congrats to the II!!! was there a complete email? i only got a supplementary application received email

Out of curiosity more than anything, what have the interviews here been like? Haven't been lucky enough to be graced with one myself but just curious at what the interview day is even like.

Just got an II for Pathways!!!! Rejected from their PhD 7 years ago and now I get a second chance at Harvard!!!

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
Out of curiosity more than anything, what have the interviews here been like? Haven't been lucky enough to be graced with one myself but just curious at what the interview day is even like.

Everyone has an orientation at 10, then two interviews with starting times between 11 and 5:30. Interviews were 1 on 1, and very conversational, asking about my activities, why medicine, etc. Reviewers had both read my app thoroughly before meeting with them and were very conversational. I had two faculty interviewers, but a lot of people had 1 faculty and 1 student. Very nice, no stress tests, but did ask a few pointed questions, so be ready to address any weaknesses.
Other than that, you have a lot of down time. The night before there was a Zoom meet and greet with current students, very casual, they are all very nice. You also will have the opportunity to attend a Pathways class, drop in with Financial aid, admissions, and ORMA (diversity) offices.

MSTP R, Pathways II, bittersweet! 3.99/526, OOS, complete 07/17

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone interviewed here yet? This is my dream school, program, and hospital network so I wanted to know how stressful the interviews were.

For the meet the current students the night before the interview, what's the recommended attire?

are publications a "soft requirement" for hst or not? are any current students able to comment?

are publications a "soft requirement" for hst or not? are any current students able to comment?

Applicant perspective: I don't necessarily think so. But some evidence of a quantitative focus probably should be evident. Pubs are a more obvious way to demonstrate this, but I am sure there are other ways to do so.

Just got an II!!!!!!!!!!! Submitted on 9/30. Holy **** I am actually shaking........

ORM LGBTQ, LizzyM 78, Wars 106.

• Wow
Reactions: 9 users