You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Harvard
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted959514
Just got II's for HST and Pathways!!! LM 80, ORM, complete 7/23
Congrats!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone applying to Pathways hear anything yet?
Muffin Crust
Full Member
MD-PhD II today!! Completed 8/8
yes.Is differential equation or linear algebra required for HST II?
Edit: I remember this was required a few years ago, but from my knowledge, it is only "strongly recommended" now.
Congrats fam! Wanna hit me with that complete date?HST II! 😱
immunoguy23
Full Member
That's amazing! I was complete 8/7 for MSTP but still waiting 😳MD-PhD II today!! Completed 8/8
Congrats fam! Wanna hit me with that complete date?
August 5th
It seems that if you applied to multiple programs and one wants to interview you they check with the rest of the programs to see if they want to talk to you as well. I have only seen R's on here from people who also received an II.Oh wow! They are sending rejections for their MD/PhD program already. Have they started sending rejections for MD?
Muffin Crust
Full Member
Hopefully you get one soon! Best of luck! 🙂That's amazing! I was complete 8/7 for MSTP but still waiting 😳
caudaequinaxx
Full Member
Pathways II!!! Not sure how it's real but I'll take it!
Last edited:
TriWinning
Pierce the heavens!!
Pathways II this morning!!! Not sure how it's real but I'll take it!
when complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
caudaequinaxx
Full Member
when complete?
Last edited:
D
deleted959514
HST II (7/20)
Last edited by a moderator:
IIs for MD-PhD, Pathways, and HST!!! Complete 7/17!
Last edited:
Could anyone who recently got an II let us know where they are at with interviews? I assume still super early based on II announcements here
Like II dates? On Thursday there were late October dates for both HST and PathwaysCould anyone who recently got an II let us know where they are at with interviews? I assume still super early based on II announcements here
Pandaland
Full Member
Hi! Congrats to those of you receiving interviews! May I ask - did you write anything for optional personal identity essay, or the optional COVID impact essay?
For the personal identity essay it says that "many applicants will not need to answer this question" but just wondering if they prefer people who do complete those optional essays.
For the personal identity essay it says that "many applicants will not need to answer this question" but just wondering if they prefer people who do complete those optional essays.
probablyhungry99
Full Member
Hi! Congrats to those of you receiving interviews! May I ask - did you write anything for optional personal identity essay, or the optional COVID impact essay?
For the personal identity essay it says that "many applicants will not need to answer this question" but just wondering if they prefer people who do complete those optional essays.
I left them blank!
Pandaland
Full Member
II just now... speechless.
congratulations!! That's amazing! Just wondering - did you write anything for optional personal identity essay, or the optional COVID impact essay?
For the personal identity essay it says that "many applicants will not need to answer this question" but just wondering if they prefer people who do complete those optional essays.
I left the personal identity one blank and was very straightforward about the COVID-19 prompt (2-3 sentences).Hi! Congrats to those of you receiving interviews! May I ask - did you write anything for optional personal identity essay, or the optional COVID impact essay?
For the personal identity essay it says that "many applicants will not need to answer this question" but just wondering if they prefer people who do complete those optional essays.
congratulations!! That's amazing! Just wondering - did you write anything for optional personal identity essay, or the optional COVID impact essay?
For the personal identity essay it says that "many applicants will not need to answer this question" but just wondering if they prefer people who do complete those optional essays.
I wrote both. I wrote the personal identity one because I did have something valuable to share regarding my background and upbringing that wasn’t communicated in my personal statement. Also because I already had a good layout from the auto bio that UCSD makes you write so I said eh why not haha.
I wrote the COVID essay because I’m in a gap year and my post grad plans got fudged hardcore from this whole thing.
II within the last few hours. I may or may not have teared up😳
Filled in the personal identity and COVID essays
Not URM
Complete in late July
Filled in the personal identity and COVID essays
Not URM
Complete in late July
Last edited:
congrats to everyone! anyone mind sharing which dates they're scheduling now?
congrats to everyone! anyone mind sharing which dates they're scheduling now?
I had a few options in October
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
eagledoc2025
Full Member
II at noon eastern time today, for Pathways!! Completed 8/11. LM 81, OOS, ORM
congrats to the II!!! was there a complete email? i only got a supplementary application received email
D
deleted959514
congrats to the II!!! was there a complete email? i only got a supplementary application received email
No complete email for me
caudaequinaxx
Full Member
when you said that, I felt it. :')also shout out to my mom for making me apply here.
Out of curiosity more than anything, what have the interviews here been like? Haven't been lucky enough to be graced with one myself but just curious at what the interview day is even like.
TriWinning
Pierce the heavens!!
Just got an II for Pathways!!!! Rejected from their PhD 7 years ago and now I get a second chance at Harvard!!!
Congrats! Complete date?
7/20, thought I got skipped to be honest!Congrats! Complete date?
sturgeon surgeon
Full Member
Out of curiosity more than anything, what have the interviews here been like? Haven't been lucky enough to be graced with one myself but just curious at what the interview day is even like.
Everyone has an orientation at 10, then two interviews with starting times between 11 and 5:30. Interviews were 1 on 1, and very conversational, asking about my activities, why medicine, etc. Reviewers had both read my app thoroughly before meeting with them and were very conversational. I had two faculty interviewers, but a lot of people had 1 faculty and 1 student. Very nice, no stress tests, but did ask a few pointed questions, so be ready to address any weaknesses.
Other than that, you have a lot of down time. The night before there was a Zoom meet and greet with current students, very casual, they are all very nice. You also will have the opportunity to attend a Pathways class, drop in with Financial aid, admissions, and ORMA (diversity) offices.
kittensneezes
Full Member
MSTP R, Pathways II, bittersweet! 3.99/526, OOS, complete 07/17
D
deleted959514
Stellar stats!! Good luck on the interview!!MSTP R, Pathways II, bittersweet! 3.99/526, OOS, complete 07/17
Has anyone interviewed here yet? This is my dream school, program, and hospital network so I wanted to know how stressful the interviews were.
Scroll up 3 posts, fam 🙂
For the meet the current students the night before the interview, what's the recommended attire?
casual!For the meet the current students the night before the interview, what's the recommended attire?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thank you!casual!
are publications a "soft requirement" for hst or not? are any current students able to comment?
are publications a "soft requirement" for hst or not? are any current students able to comment?
Applicant perspective: I don't necessarily think so. But some evidence of a quantitative focus probably should be evident. Pubs are a more obvious way to demonstrate this, but I am sure there are other ways to do so.
@jb2000 : hmm that makes sense