You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Harvard
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted943850
106?Just got an II!!!!!!!!!!! Submitted on 9/30. Holy **** I am actually shaking........
ORM LGBTQ, LizzyM 78, Wars 106.
Joobaroo96
Full Member
@Joobaroo96 When are they scheduling for? I submitted 7/16 but still holding out hope!
Looks like they're free on 10/23, 10/27, 10/29 for me.
106?
Oh sorry, it's 104 in WARS. I had to double-check it. If I count as URM, it's even higher.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Joobaroo96
Full Member
Does anyone know how many people get A's after II?
SpreadKindness20
Full Member
I don't, but some back of the envelope math... They interview almost 1000 people and have a class of around 150, so assuming a small number of admitted students choose to go somewhere else, I would guess in the ballpark of 15-20%.Does anyone know how many people get A's after II?
Joobaroo96
Full Member
I don't, but some back of the envelope math... They interview almost 1000 people and have a class of around 150, so assuming a small number of admitted students choose to go somewhere else, I would guess in the ballpark of 15-20%.
Damn that's still hard af. Maybe its too early to celebrate haha.
probablyhungry99
Full Member
Has anyone observed a class yet? It says there's a list of classes to observe but I haven't seen it anywhere.
eagledoc2025
Full Member
When does the zoom link for the evening social get sent out? Interviewing Friday but haven’t received yet
I got it the morning before my interview, so the morning of the meet & greet. I'd expect it tomorrow morningWhen does the zoom link for the evening social get sent out? Interviewing Friday but haven’t received yet
ducks_are _the best
Full Member
Do you actually get a complete email or it is more like a transition from submission to decision?
Interview invitation (Pathways) received just now 🙂
Congrats!! When were you complete?Interview invitation received just now 🙂
Congrats!! When were you complete?
Thank you -- 17 July, very excited!
That's awesome-- So happy for you! I was complete on 7/19, so hopefully I will hear soon!Thank you -- 17 July, very excited!
my man Havelock!!! Best of luck!!!Interview invitation (Pathways) received just now 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lovepickles
Full Member
OMG I GOT AN II HERE WOW
my man Havelock!!! Best of luck!!!
Thanks, Lawlify! You’re having an amazing cycle too, it looks like. I’m so happy to see us Texans representing

Congrats! Complete date?OMG I GOT AN II HERE WOW
lovepickles
Full Member
Aug 3!!! thank you🙂Congrats! Complete date?
yeah, yesterday (actual interview, not the invite)any hst ii recently?
nycccpremed
Full Member
I got an II for Pathways and HST and am so excited!! Can anyone share how the meet and greet with students happen? What about the other info sessions that we can access via Canvas? I was a bit confused about how that is going to go!
lovepickles
Full Member
is the interview here more laid back? or it is difficult?
kljlkjd
Full Member
If you don't mind sharing, when was your complete date? OOS?I got an II for Pathways and HST and am so excited!! Can anyone share how the meet and greet with students happen? What about the other info sessions that we can access via Canvas? I was a bit confused about how that is going to go!
nycccpremed
Full Member
If you don't mind sharing, when was your complete date? OOS?
Complete 7/23. International student
is the interview here more laid back? or it is difficult?
i personally found the interview to be pretty laid back. The interviewers really go through your application and know everything. Even if it was a small sentence or phrase they will not hesitate to ask you about it and to ensure you are who you say you are on paper. So just read your app, be genuine and authentically you!
lovepickles
Full Member
i personally found the interview to be pretty laid back. The interviewers really go through your application and know everything. Even if it was a small sentence or phrase they will not hesitate to ask you about it and to ensure you are who you say you are on paper. So just read your app, be genuine and authentically you!
thank you so much! 🙂
D
deleted1058832
For those of you that attended the pre-interview social, approximately how long did it last?
About 45 minutes.For those of you that attended the pre-interview social, approximately how long did it last?
fullofbeanz
Full Member
Love that for you!! Show ‘em what they missed out on 7 years agoJust got an II for Pathways!!!! Rejected from their PhD 7 years ago and now I get a second chance at Harvard!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
see you in the fallLove that for you!! Show ‘em what they missed out on 7 years ago
D
deleted1058832
I have my interview coming up in a few days and just want to double check with what I see on Canvas. The only mandatory events are the orientation and interviews, right?
there is also a shindig.I have my interview coming up in a few days and just want to double check with what I see on Canvas. The only mandatory events are the orientation and interviews, right?
nycccpremed
Full Member
Folks who interviewed at HMS, what are some of the other things you can attend on interview day, and around what time are they because the information only says that it's later in the evening?
IT does notDoes having ties to the school help at all? I did a summer of research here during undergrad.
Does having ties to the school help at all? I did a summer of research here during undergrad.
IT does.
But only strong ties like if you're an alumnus (they, like Yale and Stanford, have a slight preference for their own). Your ties are very minor, so probably holds little weight. They have a lot of people who have done research at one of the biggest research institutions in the world.
IT does.
But only strong ties like if you're an alumnus (they, like Yale and Stanford, have a slight preference for their own). Your ties are very minor, so probably holds little weight. They have a lot of people who have done research at one of the biggest research institutions in the world.
They have a very strong preference for their own lol. Last year, out of 200ish acceptances, 36 were made to Harvard alums and 14 to Yale, more than any other schools. That makes 25% of their acceptees from Harvard or Yale
They have a very strong preference for their own lol. Last year, out of 200ish acceptances, 36 were made to Harvard alums and 14 to Yale, more than any other schools. That makes 25% of their acceptees from Harvard or Yale
Yep. To be fair though, the Harvard undergrad MCAT average has got to be at least 93rd percentile with a lot of high scorers, and there's probably 200ish Harvard undergrad applicants. The preference is probably because they trust their undergrads and know that they get better yield there.
MDAesthetic
Full Member
They have a very strong preference for their own lol. Last year, out of 200ish acceptances, 36 were made to Harvard alums and 14 to Yale, more than any other schools. That makes 25% of their acceptees from Harvard or Yale
Lol yeah there were a lot of Harvard alumni at my interview, they're so impressive
lovepickles
Full Member
when do you get the zoom links and schedule for your interview? my interview is this week and haven't gotten any email yet
when do you get the zoom links and schedule for your interview? my interview is this week and haven't gotten any email yet
you get the links the day of the event. So I think the evening before there’s an optional student panel you can Attend, that link comes sometime that day. Then the actual interview day you get the links like an hour before orientation.
lovepickles
Full Member
you get the links the day of the event. So I think the evening before there’s an optional student panel you can Attend, that link comes sometime that day. Then the actual interview day you get the links like an hour before orientation.
thank you 🙂
Got the II for pathways! Soft-R for HST
Congrats! When were you complete?Got the II for pathways! Soft-R for HST
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7/25Congrats! When were you complete?
@CAORM21 : congrats!! do you mind sharing which dates they were scheduling for?
11/10, 11/13, and 11/17 I think@CAORM21 : congrats!! do you mind sharing which dates they were scheduling for?
I got an II for Pathways today and the only dates available were 11/13 and 11/17 too11/10, 11/13, and 11/17 I think
I got an II for Pathways today and the only dates available were 11/13 and 11/17 too
when were you complete?