-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Harvard
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
antibody123
Full Member
people who have interviewed, how are you managing your anxiety for these next two months?? its so hard for me to think about anything else ..
No one applies to harvard expecting to get in so just chilling and knowing I’m going to be a physician one way or another 😊. Going to HMS won’t affect me knowing I’ll make the most of whatever opportunities are available wherever I’m fortunate to receive an acceptancepeople who have interviewed, how are you managing your anxiety for these next two months?? its so hard for me to think about anything else ..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuredoc1999108753
Full Member
Any tips for the HMS interview?
ducks_are _the best
Full Member
Is Harvard receptive to letters of intent (LOL wont everyone do this?) [POST II}
nycccpremed
Full Member
Is Harvard receptive to letters of intent (LOL wont everyone do this?) [POST II}
I am asking myself the same question
ducks_are _the best
Full Member
Any previous students, or like has anyone sent any?I am asking myself the same question
probablyhungry99
Full Member
Is Harvard receptive to letters of intent (LOL wont everyone do this?) [POST II}
Haha considering they say they may or may not read uploads/update letters, probably won't make a huge difference?
in my interview nobody asked me fo
why write a LoI? have they waitlisted you and you want to write one? I believe the adcom operates under the assumption that every single applicant wants to attend Harvard, so I do not see the purpose of it.
I was listening to the All Access Podcast w the director of admissions at Harvard, and she said once you're waitlisted, a letter of intent with updates is appreciated and can be very effective! But I don't think a letter right now will be of any use
kljlkjd
Full Member
well said!I was listening to the All Access Podcast w the director of admissions at Harvard, and she said once you're waitlisted, a letter of intent with updates is appreciated and can be very effective! But I don't think a letter right now will be of any use
I wrote one because it made me feel warm and fuzzy.
How can I make the next month and a half go faster ? Joke, joke. Hope you guys are doing well in Boston.Current first year here! Let me know what questions you have 🙂
Is the window for an invitation to interview really closing THIS week?Current first year here! Let me know what questions you have 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! So we got an email saying that this was the final week of interviewsIs the window for an invitation to interview really closing THIS week?
nycccpremed
Full Member
Current first year here! Let me know what questions you have 🙂
Hey 🙂 do you think that sending a letter of intent to one program (Pathways if I’ve interviewed for both) would make a difference in the final decision?
Right on thank you.Hey! So we got an email saying that this was the final week of interviews
I wrote one for peace of mind! Can't say for sure if it helped or hurtHey 🙂 do you think that sending a letter of intent to one program (Pathways if I’ve interviewed for both) would make a difference in the final decision?
edit: i guess it doesnt hurt
dustnstars
Full Member
I sent in a LOI pre-II but am realizing that I did this too late since the interview season is over at Harvard I'm reading on here. Sigh this cycle sucks man
Is this last week of interviews or last week to send invites? ThanksHey! So we got an email saying that this was the final week of interviews
@r2med : interviews i think
RIP@r2med : interviews i think
@hola1997 : idk, maybe they're planning to accept some of us without needing an interview 😉 😭
@hola1997 : idk, maybe they're planning to accept some of us without needing an interview 😉 😭
That would definitely make Harvard a leader in the med school application process
But also, I read somewhere that Harvard is one of the schools that silently rejects.Lol, if this was the final week for interviews, they could have just automatically emailed those who didn't get an II an R
Not surprising at all. They have not even the courtesy of sending a reject letter!But also, I read somewhere that Harvard is one of the schools that silently rejects.
FWIW I sent an update letter because the two clubs I was president of won national awards that year. I eventually got off the WL. At the time, there was actually a relatively high chance of getting off the WL, it was a very small pool. This was ~10 years ago so hard to say how much it applies now.I was listening to the All Access Podcast w the director of admissions at Harvard, and she said once you're waitlisted, a letter of intent with updates is appreciated and can be very effective! But I don't think a letter right now will be of any use
Committee letter is good as long as it has 2 science and 1 non scienceHello, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this since I'm not applying this cycle, but I had a question regarding Harvard's letters of evaluation requirements: Does a premedical advisory committee evaluation packet satisfy all of the requirements for the letters of evaluation or does it only count as one letter towards the minimum of three (2 science + 1 non-science)? I've read the requirements on their website a few times, but am still not totally clear on this. Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nycccpremed
Full Member
Fellow interviewees, how are you coping with this last month of waiting?
Also! Do you guys think it'll be late Feb or early March?? Because I checked and last year decision day was 02/28/20.
Also! Do you guys think it'll be late Feb or early March?? Because I checked and last year decision day was 02/28/20.
Fellow interviewees, how are you coping with this last month of waiting?
Also! Do you guys think it'll be late Feb or early March?? Because I checked and last year decision day was 02/28/20.
They specifically said first week of March!
As far as coping with the wait... chamomile tea and Netflix lmao there's nothing else to do
antibody123
Full Member
I have a feeling it'll be march 5th since its usually been first Friday of marchFellow interviewees, how are you coping with this last month of waiting?
Also! Do you guys think it'll be late Feb or early March?? Because I checked and last year decision day was 02/28/20.
nycccpremed
Full Member
lmao chamomile is the way to goAs far as coping with the wait... chamomile tea and Netflix lmao there's nothing else to do
antibody123
Full Member
going to make sure I enjoy these last four weeks of ignorance before reality hits
nycccpremed
Full Member
mood! the last week is gonna be tough!going to make sure I enjoy these last four weeks of ignorance before reality hits
nycccpremed
Full Member
I was checking the financial aid part of the website and they haven't updated their 2021 deadlines yet for financial aid. When they do, it can give us a clearer idea of when acceptances are likely to come out!!
nycccpremed
Full Member
I may have understood it wrong on their website but what I thought is that we needed to wait for the decision to do that. And after decisions are released, people with A/WL then apply for fin aid.Should everyone who interviewed send financial aid information? I have no clue so I'm just sending my FAFSA/CSS everywhere I interviewed.
Thank you!!!
I may have understood it wrong on their website but what I thought is that we needed to wait for the decision to do that. And after decisions are released, people with A/WL then apply for fin aid.
What email??Seems like, based on the social security # email from this morning, admissions decisions will be released early March, so probably March 5th! Three more weeks!
nycccpremed
Full Member
What email??
Also didnt get an email
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What email??
The email was for interviewees that hadn't submitted their SSN on the admissions portal. I think its for financial aid purposes in case you are accepted. I'm assuming if you already submitted it then you wouldn't receive the email. I wouldn't read too much into this!
you can check if your SSN has been submitted via the portal>interview tab>additional info
nycccpremed
Full Member
Seems like, based on the social security # email from this morning, admissions decisions will be released early March, so probably March 5th! Three more weeks!
If you don’t mind me asking, how did that email give it away that its march 5? Did it say “early March”? Because I think last year they also said early march and decisions came out late Feb
Email said admissions decisions will be released early March. Historically As have come out the first Friday of March and sometimes the last of February, so I am assuming March 5th. I hope I am wrong and we hear a week earlier though!If you don’t mind me asking, how did that email give it away that its march 5? Did it say “early March”? Because I think last year they also said early march and decisions came out late Feb
Are there any IIs still to give out?