2020-2021 Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The theories on here make me so happy cause itā€™s nice to know there are others just as giddy for a response as I am. šŸ˜‚

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
According to MSAR the earliest date acceptance notifications are sent is March 1st. Probably means nothing (some other schools seem to ignore what they said on MSAR), but worth noting.

Members don't see this ad :)
According to MSAR the earliest date acceptance notifications are sent is March 1st. Probably means nothing (some other schools seem to ignore what they said on MSAR), but worth noting.
Yaleā€™s was listed as March 15th for notification date on MSAR and their decisions came out yesterday. Not sure if thatā€™s the stat youā€™re talking about but

Does Harvard call or simply send a email/notification? Just need to know if I should unblock unknown numbers to help manifest šŸ˜Š

Does Harvard call or simply send a email/notification? Just need to know if I should unblock unknown numbers to help manifest šŸ˜Š
Pretty sure it is an email notification.

Reactions: 1 users
Last year emails were sent out around ~ 10:45 EST

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
Iā€™m getting my vaccine dose at the same time tomorrow :oops:

• Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Meeting my girlfriend's parents for the first time tomorrow (socially distanced). Hoping it is good news haha

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Part of me still believes decisions will go out next week and tomorrow we might receive an email from HMS letting us know decisions are being processed. My heart can only take so much anxiety.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Part of me still believes decisions will go out next week and tomorrow we might receive an email from HMS letting us know decisions are being processed. My heart can only take so much anxiety.
I don't know if we will get a status update tomorrow but I am thinking it will be 3/1 or 3/5. Not sure if HMS has released on Mondays before. Does anyone know about past years?

I don't know if we will get a status update tomorrow but I am thinking it will be 3/1 or 3/5. Not sure if HMS has released on Mondays before. Does anyone know about past years?
Let me share my most recent research: "Characterization of Admissions Decisions Release Dates and Times of Harvard Medical School". 2ndary title, "How to procrastinate while your western blot transfers"

In all seriousness, spent some time going through previous HMS threads and wrote down the date and time people received their decisions:

2009: 3/16 (3rd Monday)
2010: 3/15 (3rd Monday)
2011: 3/3 (1st Thursday)
2012: 3/5 (1st Monday)
2013: 3/4 (1st Monday)
2014: 3/4 (1st Tuesday)
2015 ā€“ March 3 (Tuesday), couldnā€™t find time
2016 ā€“ March 2 (Wednesday), 9 AM
2017 ā€“ March 3 (Friday), 10 AM
2018 ā€“ March 2(Friday), 10 AM
2019 ā€“ March 1 (Friday), 10 AM
2020 ā€“ Feb 28 (Friday), 10 AM

In the last 10 years the latest they have released decisions has been March 5th, and the earliest Feb 28. Date of the week doesn't really seem to make a difference, other than the fact that the last 4 years they have released decisions on a Friday.

Still nervous, but now my nerves are backed-up by data!

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Let me share my most recent research: "Characterization of Admissions Decisions Release Dates and Times of Harvard Medical School". 2ndary title, "How to procrastinate while your western blot transfers"

In all seriousness, spent some time going through previous HMS threads and wrote down the date and time people received their decisions:

2009: 3/16 (3rd Monday)
2010: 3/15 (3rd Monday)
2011: 3/3 (1st Thursday)
2012: 3/5 (1st Monday)
2013: 3/4 (1st Monday)
2014: 3/4 (1st Tuesday)
2015 ā€“ March 3 (Tuesday), couldnā€™t find time
2016 ā€“ March 2 (Wednesday), 9 AM
2017 ā€“ March 3 (Friday), 10 AM
2018 ā€“ March 2(Friday), 10 AM
2019 ā€“ March 1 (Friday), 10 AM
2020 ā€“ Feb 28 (Friday), 10 AM

In the last 10 years the latest they have released decisions has been March 5th, and the earliest Feb 28. Date of the week doesn't really seem to make a difference, other than the fact that the last 4 years they have released decisions on a Friday.

Still nervous, but now my nerves are backed-up by data!

but also we have a pandemic this year so anything could happen :X3:

Just adding that the financial aid app opens up on Monday and HMS has historically opened the app only after decisions are released. Of course with the pandemic anything goes, but the optimist in me is hoping for tomorrow.

That being said, I wanted to add a few remarks on behalf of Luckystr1ke who commented this back in 2013,

"When the news of your admissions decisions comes forward, remember to be gracious in all things. You may be unbelievably excited by your results, and thatā€™s okay. Just always remember that there are others who worked every bit as hard as you but havenā€™t enjoyed the success youā€™re enjoying. You may be heartbroken by your results, and thatā€™s okay too. Just always remember that you have still already been tremendously blessed.

No matter what happens [tomorrow], always remember that you are the pride and joy of your family. You are the fulfillment of the dreams your parents have dreamt since the days they prepared to bring you into this world. You have completed a grueling process and have been accepted to medical school. You have represented your loved ones proudly and carried your family's legacy one step forward. You should be proud of yourselves. I, for one, am proud of you.

With love,
Luckystr1ke [and Lawlify] ā™„ļø

Best of luck to everyone!!!! Rooting for each and every one of you!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 25 users
Hmm I guess there is no point opening up the aid application before people know if they got in or not..

Just adding that the financial aid app opens up on Monday and HMS has historically opened the app only after decisions are released. Of course with the pandemic anything goes, but the optimist in me is hoping for tomorrow.

That being said, I wanted to add a few remarks on behalf of Luckystr1ke who commented this back in 2013,

"When the news of your admissions decisions comes forward, remember to be gracious in all things. You may be unbelievably excited by your results, and thatā€™s okay. Just always remember that there are others who worked every bit as hard as you but havenā€™t enjoyed the success youā€™re enjoying. You may be heartbroken by your results, and thatā€™s okay too. Just always remember that you have still already been tremendously blessed.

No matter what happens [tomorrow], always remember that you are the pride and joy of your family. You are the fulfillment of the dreams your parents have dreamt since the days they prepared to bring you into this world. You have completed a grueling process and have been accepted to medical school. You have represented your loved ones proudly and carried your family's legacy one step forward. You should be proud of yourselves. I, for one, am proud of you.

With love,
Luckystr1ke [and Lawlify] ā™„ļø

Best of luck to everyone!!!! Rooting for each and every one of you!
Spot on. Thanks so much for sharing this.

• Care
I've decided to believe that decisions will come out mid-March. If earlier = big win/surprise.

Just checked the financial aid sites and all of them have been updated with March 15th as the deadline for submitting materials if you are an incoming student. Furthermore, as stated before, the application will open next Monday.

T-15 hours!

• Wow
  • Care
Good luck to all those waiting for decisions.

Reactions: 1 users
Man the feel of people getting As and crickets in the inbox is gonna be rough for those of us unfortunate enough. Happy for everyone who cops the A though.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I didn't even apply here, but I feel so much secondhand excitement for all of you!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
good luck tomorrow everyone!! probably wonā€™t post if Iā€™m rejected lmao but congrats to those who get in <3

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
Pretty sure it's today. I have a second year HST friend who said it was.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users
i went through last year's thread and the decisions started at 10:22 am EST

Do you think if I refresh my email enough the decision email will get pulled out of their outbox?

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
ā†‘ā†‘ā†“ā†“ā†ā†’ā†ā†’BA. Do I get my decision now?

• Love
  • Hmm
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Too Much Stop GIF by CBC

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Iā€™m sitting in the bathroom at work just refreshing my email šŸ˜­

Looks like itā€™s not today... this is so exhausting

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users
I havenā€™t posted on here yet and Iā€™ve just caught up with all the theories about when the decisions may be released lol. The anxiety level is incredible... šŸ˜‚

I tried calling the admin office to ask but forgot they all work from home and only accept email inquiries rn rip :/

• Love