2020-2021 Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes I think, it was an email from HelpDesk, that said: "The online application to the Medical University of South Carolina that you just completed has been successfully submitted."
Is this the email you got for an interview ?

Members don't see this ad.

No, that was my complete email I received after submitting my secondary
Recommendation letters from two science professors are a must?
I have sent total 5 -1 science , 1 English teachers, 2 doctors and a mentor
Is that good enough?

Members don't see this ad :)
Reactions: 2 users
Any other IS receive II? IS applicant here and I haven’t gotten anything

Reactions: 1 user
I received an email regarding the II. I never got a complete email.

I believe they do not start reviewing OOS until a lot later in the cycle

Yes, I am OOS and after I completed my application, the portal said OOS applicants are not reviewed until Nov/Dec and will not be extended IIs until the spring.

Just got accepted for ED. I received a save the date 11 days before interview day, complete interview information 4 days later. I participated in one outside interview scheduled with faculty the week of and two during virtual interview day (on a Friday). Received acceptance the following Tuesday. They're doing their best right now - be patient

Reactions: 3 users
For those of y'all that have received II have they gotten back to you in regards to zoom access and how to actually access the interview? Or just a save the date? I got the save the date for Oct 9th.

For those of y'all that have received II have they gotten back to you in regards to zoom access and how to actually access the interview? Or just a save the date? I got the save the date for Oct 9th.
I haven't gotten anything either, besides the initial save the date invitation. Did you ever get a response or a confirmation when you emailed back saying you were attending?

Just got accepted for ED. I received a save the date 11 days before interview day, complete interview information 4 days later. I participated in one outside interview scheduled with faculty the week of and two during virtual interview day (on a Friday). Received acceptance the following Tuesday. They're doing their best right now - be patient
Hello,
Do you mind telling what your stat is?
Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else gotten radio silence since receiving the save the date email? I am just worried I havent heard back and my interview is this week. I have called and emailed and have still received no response.

Has anyone else gotten radio silence since receiving the save the date email? I am just worried I havent heard back and my interview is this week. I have called and emailed and have still received no response.
Right there with you. I replied to their email about being available that day and 3 days out from the interview and still have no information what so ever.. starting to worry, but glad it's not just me alone

Right there with you. I replied to their email about being available that day and 3 days out from the interview and still have no information what so ever.. starting to worry, but glad it's not just me alone
I emailed Colleen Cannon, and she said: "Keep a look out for an email from Ms. Sharlena Howard regarding the zoom link! You should receive one in the coming days. We don’t usually send them out until a few days before interviews!"

So don't worry I think we will get it just a day or two before our interview!

Any new interviews last week or this week?
Usually what day and time are they sending the emails?

Any new interviews last week or this week?
Usually what day and time are they sending the emails?
Not even a whisper on the wind friend

At this point I'm starting to wonder if I filled out the secondary correctly? When I go to the website it says everything is completed but I never got a follow up email or anything.

Update: 10/9/2020 Just got a save the date email for the 23rd at 11 PM. IS regular MD. Stay strong and remember radio silence is not bad news, just good news you haven't been told yet :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I just got my secondary invite from them 1-2 days ago (haven’t submitted it yet) and today I got an interview invite for 10/23? Is it normal to get an II before you even submit your secondary?

I just got my secondary invite from them 1-2 days ago (haven’t submitted it yet) and today I got an interview invite for 10/23? Is it normal to get an II before you even submit your secondary?
I would email them about it. That seems strange.

Yeah that's strange, but at the same time, their "secondary" is more like a 5-minute demographic survey. So if you're IS with good stats, it'd probably be fine to just roll with it and show up to the interview lol.

I emailed Colleen Cannon, and she said: "Keep a look out for an email from Ms. Sharlena Howard regarding the zoom link! You should receive one in the coming days. We don’t usually send them out until a few days before interviews!"

So don't worry I think we will get it just a day or two before our interview!
Yeah that's strange, but at the same time, their "secondary" is more like a 5-minute demographic survey. So if you're IS with good stats, it'd probably be fine to just roll with it and show up to the interview lol.
Not even a whisper on the wind friend

At this point I'm starting to wonder if I filled out the secondary correctly? When I go to the website it says everything is completed but I never got a follow up email or anything.

Update: 10/9/2020 Just got a save the date email for the 23rd at 11 PM. IS regular MD. Stay strong and remember radio silence is not bad news, just good news you haven't been told yet :)
Hello
Did you receive any email confirming your file is completed and ready for review?
Thank you

II yesterday! I never got an email stating my file was complete.
IS, 3.65/510 with a lot of EC experience

Reactions: 1 users
Never got an email like that either. I just made sure the site we used to submit the secondary says its completed

When you guys check your application process, is there anything listed under "National App Recvd/Supplemental App Recvd"? I see another blank line with only a ":".

Just got an II! IS, 511, 3.5. They scheduled the date as 10/30 which I thought was kinda funny we didn’t get options haha. OH I AM SO PUMPED YALL!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
When you guys check your application process, is there anything listed under "National App Recvd/Supplemental App Recvd"? I see another blank line with only a ":".
SAME! I was wondering about this too :shrug:

Yeah I got the II last night too! IS/above average stats
I was starting to worry too, I have no idea what order they're going through applications. I guess patience is key!

Update! Are you OOS like I am? I found this on the website: "Out of state resident files will be reviewed in Nov & Dec for possible interviews in the Spring."

Update! Are you OOS like I am? I found this on the website: "Out of state resident files will be reviewed in Nov & Dec for possible interviews in the Spring."

No, I'm in state, which is why I was wondering if this is normal or not.

Edit: I'm also getting kind of worried because I'm above median stats and haven't heard a peep from MUSC.

Last edited:
No, I'm in state, which is why I was wondering if this is normal or not.

Edit: I'm also getting kind of worried because I'm above median stats and haven't heard a peep from MUSC.

hey! I checked my portal early last week & it appeared the same as you're describing ( the random “:” ), I received a II on Wednesday & it looked the same (rando : ) when I checked it just now. I don’t think it’s anything to worry about; they probably just don’t update it

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know how many people interview per day? I haven't heard a thing from MUSC

my first acceptance of the cycle! so excited :)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
People getting acceptances and I’m still over here waiting for an interview....anyone else?

Reactions: 6 users
How long did y’all wait to hear an admissions decision?! @acceptedpeople and CONGRATS I HOPE WE’LL BE CLASSMATES

How long did y’all wait to hear an admissions decision?! @acceptedpeople and CONGRATS I HOPE WE’LL BE CLASSMATES

If I remember correctly, they said on interview day that the Admissions Committee meets the last Tuesday of every month. So it's a variable wait depending on when in the month you interview.

Anyone know how many people get accepted from getting a hold? I know there's 25-30 from the waitlist, do they accept anyone before that with a hold?

Can anyone who has interviewed outline what the format was? Like more specifically how many interviews were there/for how long/open or closed file? I'm interviewing this Friday and wondering what to prepare for!

Can anyone who has interviewed outline what the format was? Like more specifically how many interviews were there/for how long/open or closed file? I'm interviewing this Friday and wondering what to prepare for!
Two 30 min interviews with faculty on the day with the "tour" and everything and one 45ish min interview you have to schedule with your interviewer (mine was a 4th year student but i think it varies). All open file. Questions i got asked were things like "What 3 words do you want on your tombstone" "Whats the biggest social injustice right now" but i really got the feeling they just wanted to get to know you. One of my interviewers said she just wanted to have a conversation and thats what happened lol. Basically just know yourself and answer naturally and youll be better than any robot trying to calculate the optimal answer.

Does anyone know if MUSC gives their incoming class any gifts or items included in tuition? Like a stethoscope or iPad?