2020-2021 Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just now, IS completed 10/6.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
II yesterday! IS. if anyone has advice for the interview or anything like that feel free to message me, thanks :)

Interviewed 10/23. IS above average stats. Placed on hold. 3rd time applying. Placed on hold last year. Since then i’ve done an additional year of scribing as well as more volunteering.
Do you mind telling your exact stat?
I am waiting to hear back from interview. I just want to have a idea of what to expect.
Thank you so much

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mind telling your exact stat?
I am waiting to hear back from interview. I just want to have a idea of what to expect.
Thank you so much
3.6 gpa. 511 MCAT. 2 years of clinical work. Tons of volunteer work.

Any tips for this interview? Will there be 2 interviews or 3 interviews for interview day? Also, what's the general timeline between interviewing and hearing a decision. Thank you!

Is there a Facebook group for MUSC students and what do we do after getting an A?

Any tips for this interview? Will there be 2 interviews or 3 interviews for interview day? Also, what's the general timeline between interviewing and hearing a decision. Thank you!
There are two interviews with admissions officers on interview day, and a third interview with a non-admissions officer that is scheduled a few days later. When I interviewed, they said they typically release decisions at the end of the month for all the interviewees that month. In my case, it was only 10 days.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
There are two interviews with admissions officers on interview day, and a third interview with a non-admissions officer that is scheduled a few days later. When I interviewed, they said they typically release decisions at the end of the month for all the interviewees that month. In my case, it was only 10 days.
Thank you so much 😊

Does anyone know what the liklihood for IS applicants put on hold post-interview to receive an acceptance? The admissions committee made it seem that a significant number of people would be taken off the hold but it also seems like it could be a soft R. Anyone with experience or advice on this matter?

Does MUSC send pre-II R’s? Complete since August and OOS with strong ties.

Does anyone know what the liklihood for IS applicants put on hold post-interview to receive an acceptance? The admissions committee made it seem that a significant number of people would be taken off the hold but it also seems like it could be a soft R. Anyone with experience or advice on this matter?
I would just take their word for it. It's not an R until they say it is, so just be patient!

Hey
It is 3 interviews. 2 on the virtual interview day and one with an outsider on a different day. They meet at the end of each month to discuss the interviews so it depend on what date you interview. Good luck

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey
It is 3 interviews. 2 on the virtual interview day and one with an outsider on a different day. They meet at the end of each month to discuss the interviews so it depend on what date you interview. Good luck
Thank you so much 😊

Hey guys, I Interviewed today and adcom said they should be getting back to January interviewees on Jan. 26th with a decision!

Hey guys, I Interviewed today and adcom said they should be getting back to January interviewees on Jan. 26th with a decision!
Any OOS people in your cohort by any chance or they mention if OOS interviews were happening?

congrats on your interview and good luck!

Any OOS people in your cohort by any chance or they mention if OOS interviews were happening?

congrats on your interview and good luck!
No all the interviewing students were IS! But I do think they have interviewed some OOS students based on the fact that they were surprised that we were all IS.

Just wanted to clarify that the virtual interviews are 1 on 1? I know the duration is 4 hours so what was it like? Interview on Friday so any help or advice would be appreciated!

Just wanted to clarify that the virtual interviews are 1 on 1? I know the duration is 4 hours so what was it like? Interview on Friday so any help or advice would be appreciated!
It’s 3 30 minute interviews. 2 on interview day and one on a day you schedule with the interviewer. So the majority of the time is them showcasing the school with powerpoints! Good luck!

It’s 3 30 minute interviews. 2 on interview day and one on a day you schedule with the interviewer. So the majority of the time is them showcasing the school with powerpoints! Good luck!
Thank you ! When did you all receive your interview link/additional info ? I was sent an invite on Jan. 7th and it stated that they would send another email with more details but I have yet to receive that (interview is this Friday).

Thank you ! When did you all receive your interview link/additional info ? I was sent an invite on Jan. 7th and it stated that they would send another email with more details but I have yet to receive that (interview is this Friday).
I got my initial invite on the 7th and the follow up info and links on the 14th, hope this helps!

I got my initial invite on the 7th and the follow up info and links on the 14th, hope this helps!
I did not receive my until 2 days before the interview.

Today's they day the adcom meets!!! Good luck to all the applicants on the line!!! Hopefully we'll all be classmates this year! :D:D:D

Today's they day the adcom meets!!! Good luck to all the applicants on the line!!! Hopefully we'll all be classmates this year! :D:D:D
Yeah you right!
Did you remember what time they say they will call?

*internal screaming* I need to use the bathroom so bad, but I don’t want to be in the middle of my business when/if they call 😩

• Haha
Got the call!!! Charleston here I come!!!

• Care