2020-2021 Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone speak to service involvements/types of attributes/values they emphasize (caring for social determinants of health, things like cura personalis) at MUSC? or direct me in the right place on their website? their website is barebones or I'm stupid and can't work it. Both are valid options. Writing an update letter (OOS) so they can have it when we start getting reviewed, and want to tie it into my fit some.

Members don't see this ad.

Those who were accepted 10/27, did you ever get a second email with the form to sign and return?

Are there any other in-state applicants with stats above MUSC's averages that are waiting to hear back after submitting a secondary?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not even a whisper on the wind friend

At this point I'm starting to wonder if I filled out the secondary correctly? When I go to the website it says everything is completed but I never got a follow up email or anything.

Update: 10/9/2020 Just got a save the date email for the 23rd at 11 PM. IS regular MD. Stay strong and remember radio silence is not bad news, just good news you haven't been told yet :)
When did you submit your secondary? Cause I'm still in the radio silence stage after submitting! :(

Having a date/time to expect a call was nice but not getting the call hurts a little extra. 6:13 & nothing :/

Don't jump the gun on this one... If I recall correctly they said they would call between 6 and 7.

Reactions: 1 user
I know some people that didn’t get a call and ended up getting just the email! Don’t panic

Members don't see this ad :)
surprised no one has posted an acceptance yet. still hoping for a call. If we get wait listed, didnt they say they'd email us of that decision tonight?

Reactions: 2 users
Can't explain how much of a relief it is to come on here expecting a bunch of A's and seeing everyone else also anxiously waiting for the call or email. I thought they forgot about me.

I’m wondering if bc it’s the week of thanksgiving they didn’t call as many people? I’m really hoping for an email

I’m wondering if bc it’s the week of thanksgiving they didn’t call as many people? I’m really hoping for an email
I got the waitlisted email ~20 min ago. But it was reassuring. Sending love to all of us going through this. && endless joy for all those who got the call.

Received acceptance call at 4:45pm today! Good luck to those waiting anxiously! Hoping some As come for y’all soon

edit: call came from my student interview which surprised me. Maybe admin is busy and can’t call themselves so they asked if other members could? Maybe y’all’s interviewers were busy tonight or something lol

Last edited:
received a call at 4pmish, email at 754. check your spam!

Received acceptance call at 4:45pm today! Good luck to those waiting anxiously! Hoping some As come for y’all soon

edit: call came from my student interview which surprised me. Maybe admin is busy and can’t call themselves so they asked if other members could? Maybe y’all’s interviewers were busy tonight or something lol
Congratulations! What are your stats?

Got the call around 4:00 today! Good luck to everyone and what up future classmates

Interviewed 10/23. IS above average stats. Placed on hold. 3rd time applying. Placed on hold last year. Since then i’ve done an additional year of scribing as well as more volunteering.

• Care
Any idea of how long it will take to get an ~official acceptance email~ after getting the A call? I know it will be a little different bc if thanksgiving

Just got an interview invite tonight! Anybody else?!!! :) So excited! I work at MUSC and honestly didn't wannd move so I'm so happy I'm almost there!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an interview invite tonight! Anybody else?!!! :) So excited! I work at MUSC and honestly didn't wannd move so I'm so happy I'm almost there!
Same! 12/18 interview. Non trad IS.

Congrats!! What your your guys' complete dates? And stats if you don't mind? I'm still waiting eagerly to hear back... lol

Last edited:
Congrats!! What your your guys' complete dates? And stats if you don't mind? I'm still waiting eagerly to hear back... lol
Thank you!! I completed 10/16! I'm non-trad IS student as well. I had a 3.0 undergrad GPA then got my MS in biomedical science with 4.0 MCAT 507.

II last night as an OOS student!! I will be withdrawing my application here, but I hope one of you wonderful people gets it instead!

Anyone accepted last Tuesday still not get the "official acceptance letter" yet?

Lol, me! I’m trying to be patient but it’s kinda annoying.. I wanna show it to my parents haha
So I didn’t get mine 3-4 weeks after I was accepted and ended up having to email them. I wouldn’t email if it has only been a week but maybe In like another week or 2.

Got the call around 4:00 today! Good luck to everyone and what up future classmates
Congrats on the A! Would you mind sharing your GPA/MCAT? I got put on hold for my application post II and was a little shocked since I've heard of people with decently lower stats than what I applied with getting immediately accepted. Wish I knew how close I am to crossing their "index score" lol

Congrats on the A! Would you mind sharing your GPA/MCAT? I got put on hold for my application post II and was a little shocked since I've heard of people with decently lower stats than what I applied with getting immediately accepted. Wish I knew how close I am to crossing their "index score" lol
Sure! 3.5, 511! Good luck!!!!!

Is anyone else waiting to hear back for MSTP? I received an email saying they would decide whether or not I would get an II in 2-3 weeks. I received that email exactly 3 weeks ago today and haven't heard anything. Is that a bad sign?

Anyone know how receptive they are to updates? Like has anyone had success following one or know if they care about them or just give you the option to submit one?

Anyone know how receptive they are to updates? Like has anyone had success following one or know if they care about them or just give you the option to submit one?
I just sent one last week and got an email back from someone in admissions that they had received the update and thanked me for my continued interest. Can’t hurt ya know?

I just sent one last week and got an email back from someone in admissions that they had received the update and thanked me for my continued interest. Can’t hurt ya know?
For sure, Glad they don't just ghost you after updates like some people *Cough* OSU *Cough*

I just got the call last week, so hello to my future classmates! In the email they sent there is supposedly another one on the way with some information and further instructions, and maybe some stuff in the mail too -- does anyone remember how long that took to arrive? I don't want to be missing anything if I need to be doing something right now. :p

E: Apparently I can't read and this has been discussed above.

Last edited:
any other IS students who have already been accepted to other schools still not hear a word from MUSC? I got nervous thinking I didn't submit correctly or something.

any other IS students who have already been accepted to other schools still not hear a word from MUSC? I got nervous thinking I didn't submit correctly or something.
I'd already been accepted to both USCs and hadn't heard from MUSC. I sent an update and told them I was super interested in them and got an II one week later. Can't hurt to try.