2020-2021 Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 12/4, accepted 7/1 at tahlequah campus :) looking forward to joining class of 2025!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted 3/12, accepted 7/3 on Tulsa campus! There is still movement happening! Stay strong fellow WLers :)

Reactions: 2 users
Gave up my Tahlequah seat on July 2nd! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted 3/12, accepted 7/3 on Tulsa campus! There is still movement happening! Stay strong fellow WLers :)
Wait, is the school contacting people on the weekend?

Last edited:
For those of you who were accepted, was it Sarah that contacted you or someone else?

To my knowledge, I don’t think so!
I sent an email to Ms. Yoder, she said that there have been times where the committee has contacted applicants outside of normal school hours.

Hey, guys, I just got a question out of curiosity:D:
I noticed that on my application page, the school provided the average applicants' stat, including experience hours. The average total experience time (EC activity, health-care activity, community service, employment) adds up to 7613 hours (those hours don't overlap, at least for me). For a traditional student with four years of college, that's a full-time job on top of being a full-time student. Did I get it wrong or are there a huge amount of non-traditional students who significantly pulled up the average?

I don't know how those numbers fit together (I haven't seen or heard those statistics personally but that's not saying much), but we do have a large number of non-traditional students. I had 8 years of full-time employment before I started at OSU last summer. Lots of students with 1 or 2 gap years. Several of us here as a second profession. Still many traditional students too, though. And a couple of very brave 3+1s. I think it's a really good mix.

Reactions: 1 users