2020-2021 Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What is the CN? Congratulations!!
They have a second campus recently opened in Tahlequah affiliated with the Cherokee Nation.

Congrats, ballet01!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I was wondering does this school accept sub 500 MCAT scores? Or do they automatically reject you...
I know of several people who have been accepted over the years with sub 500 MCAT scores at OSU.

Edit: Specifically, some of my undergrad classmates.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I just got the call this morning from Jeff and Lindsey for the acceptance offer at OSUCOM-CN! Interviewed 10/30; Waitlisted 11/05; Accepted 03/22. Good luck to everyone!
I just got the same call this morning! Waitlisted 3/3

Members don't see this ad :)
I recently got accepted to the Tahlequah campus. Does anyone on this thread go to this location or have any more information on their experience there?

I recently got accepted to the Tahlequah campus. Does anyone on this thread go to this location or have any more information on their experience there?
I live in Tahlequah and know some of the MS-I students and it is really, really nice. They have done a great job of taking care of them during COVID and making sure that they are well prepared and educated. Everyone I've talked to has enjoyed their 1st year at OSUCOM-CN.

I just got the same call this morning! Waitlisted 3/3
I live in Tahlequah and know some of the MS-I students and it is really, really nice. They have done a great job of taking care of them during COVID and making sure that they are well prepared and educated. Everyone I've talked to has enjoyed their 1st year at OSUCOM-CN.
Do you know if there is group or facebook group to get connected with more students?

So 3/12 interviewees...do you think we're going to hear back this week or are we set back a week because of spring break...?

So 3/12 interviewees...do you think we're going to hear back this week or are we set back a week because of spring break...?
At our interview day they said two weeks so I am expecting to hear back at some point this week.

Did you both send in LOIs to the school? Did you send updates after being waitlisted with activities, etc?
I did both updates and a LOI. I'm not sure how much the LOI actually helped me bc I made it abundantly clear during all parts of my app that OSU is what I wanted. If anything, it was probably the updates for me. I had approx. 20-30 shadowing hours at the time of my interview, and am now sitting around 100. I definitely think that was a weaker area for me compared to other applicants, but who knows? (this was in addition to volunteer hour updates as well) 🤷‍♂️

Members don't see this ad :)
I did both updates and a LOI. I'm not sure how much the LOI actually helped me bc I made it abundantly clear during all parts of my app that OSU is what I wanted. If anything, it was probably the updates for me. I had approx. 20-30 shadowing hours at the time of my interview, and am now sitting around 100. I definitely think that was a weaker area for me compared to other applicants, but who knows? (this was in addition to volunteer hour updates as well) 🤷‍♂️
Thanks for your reply!

I know of several people who have been accepted over the years with sub 500 MCAT scores at OSU.

Edit: Specifically, some of my undergrad classmates.
Can you share if you're in state or OOS?

Anymore bridge program interviews lately?
My optimism is dwindling!

Anymore bridge program interviews lately?
My optimism is dwindling!
Try to hang in there! I am fighting hard to remain at least a little optimistic, too. I know it's tough. Hopefully, we'll get some good news soon! 😊

Anyone got a call after the 3/12 interiews

• Haha
lmao off topic but im cracking up at these easter puns. can we pls keep this energy post easter?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
To OSU: I fully expect my white coat to say "OSU center for health sciences bunny training of osteopathic medicine." If it doesn't, I will be sorely disappointed.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
To OSU: I fully expect my white coat to say "OSU center for health sciences bunny training of osteopathic medicine." If it doesn't, I will be sorely disappointed.
convinced we're all bunnies bc they got us jumpin through all kinds of hoops! lolol

Just got the call! I was offered admission to OSU-COM!! Interviewed 3/5, waitlisted 3/9. Was told I could attend either campus!! 🥳🥳

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Does anybody know how we should ask about improvements for next year if we're on the waitlist? I have already sent an update letter and I don't want to annoy them. Should I just forgo it?

Does anybody know how we should ask about improvements for next year if we're on the waitlist? I have already sent an update letter and I don't want to annoy them. Should I just forgo it?
If you were interviewed, that means that you've got all the stuff that they're looking for. I would honestly recommend you send them a letter of intent or even more recent updates, so you can just get in front of them. As of last week, There were still spots in the class open.

If I recall your stats correctly from an earlier post, you really are in good shape in that respect. Just getting an interview out of state is a big deal, and if they interviewed you, that means they liked what they saw on the application. I don't think it would hurt for you to continue to reiterate your interest in the school, or any willingness or desire to work in Oklahoma post-graduation.

They will not be willing to meet with you until the end of the cycle is over for improvement. At that point, if it turns out that this wasn't meant to be this year, definitely reach out to them. If you can get in front of them in real life, that's probably better than over the phone. Zoom being the second-best option. May the force be with you! 😉

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
✋ I applied to OSUCOM four years in a row. Interviewed the last two years, was waitlisted my third year, and offered a spot in the GAP program this past year. I think it's worth noting that I did not interview until mid-April last year and was offered a GAP position on April 30th. Furthermore, there is talk that admissions is interviewing into May this year due to COVID.

I think the biggest difference in my application between all four years was my experience working in a hospital and participating in direct patient care. I actually made an appointment with Lindsey to sit down and talk about my application with her at the school. I think being face-to-face with her gave me the opportunity to get individual suggestions and bounce ideas off of her about what I was thinking about doing with my gap year. In this way, she was really forthcoming about what would be most beneficial to my application.

If medicine is really what you want to do, don't give up! There is always hope! Persistence is a quality of every great physician.:)

Thank you for sharing your inspirational story! If you don't mind me asking- what was the turnaround like when you were waitlisted? Did that also take 2 weeks?

I am attempting to drive myself crazy by divining meaning/patterns based on information about post-interview interactions. Any contribution to my irrationality would be well appreciated. 😉 😂

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Thank you for sharing your inspirational story! If you don't mind me asking- what was the turnaround like when you were waitlisted? Did that also take 2 weeks?

I am attempting to drive myself crazy by divining meaning/patterns based on information about post-interview interactions. Any contribution to my irrationality would be well appreciated. 😉 😂
🤣🤣🤣🙂 I am doing the same over here!! This has been so tough waiting!!!

• Haha

SAME.
Also does anyone know approximately how many people are interviewed per cycle?
I read somewhere that ~200 ppl are interviewed. Not sure how accurate that is?
lolol I'm ANXIOUS.

SAME.
Also does anyone know approximately how many people are interviewed per cycle?
I read somewhere that ~200 ppl are interviewed. Not sure how accurate that is?
lolol I'm ANXIOUS.
I think it's probably a lot more than that. They do two interviews a week with 8 people per day. I think they said they started in August and someone said they intend to interview through May this year. If you don't count December just because most places didn't really interview many people that month it's around 430 people as an estimate.

I think it's probably a lot more than that. They do two interviews a week with 8 people per day. I think they said they started in August and someone said they intend to interview through May this year. If you don't count December just because most places didn't really interview many people that month it's around 430 people as an estimate.
That’s a good estimate. Admissions told me last year they interviewed around 400

Have you sent an LOI? I sent an LOI + update on volunteering i had been doing (working covid clinics) and it was uploaded to my app portal on 3/31. They called and offered me a spot on 4/6.

• Love
Have you sent an LOI? I sent an LOI + update on volunteering i had been doing (working covid clinics) and it was uploaded to my app portal on 3/31. They called and offered me a spot on 4/6.
Wow, that’s a quick turn around. I will definitely get that in if I find myself on the waitlist. Congratulations on your acceptance! 🥳

Are there any more interviews dates left? I heard they interview through April.

I plan on applying next year, but I'm a Texas resident with no real ties to Oklahoma. I was wondering what would be considered a competitive MCAT for an OOS applicant for this school (3.78 cGPA, 3.8 sGPA). I'll have the standard for hours; 50+ shadowing hours, 150+ non-clinical hours, and 150+ clinical volunteering with two leadership experiences (old job and hosting book drives).

I plan on applying next year, but I'm a Texas resident with no real ties to Oklahoma. I was wondering what would be considered a competitive MCAT for an OOS applicant for this school (3.78 cGPA, 3.8 sGPA). I'll have the standard for hours; 50+ shadowing hours, 150+ non-clinical hours, and 150+ clinical volunteering with two leadership experiences (old job and hosting book drives).
I think the competitive MCAT/GPA for out of state is actually pretty high (for DO specifically) for OOS. I feel like I heard someone say it was around 510/3.6+ somewhere. If you aren't applying yet I would almost suggest spending some time in Tulsa or Oklahoma volunteering with the population and applying to internships here that way when they look at your application they can make a logical conclusion about why you would apply here since only about 10-20% of the class is OOS.

The year I was waitlisted they notified me about a month after my interview to let me know I was waitlisted and until I got my rejection email in July there was radio silence. I did still update them on all of my activities and kept in close contact with Lindsey and Jeff. I honestly would say that you can't "bother" them enough. In my experience, the more you communicate with them the better. I called their offices, emailed regularly, and actually scheduled an appointment in person with Lindsey to discuss my application before I was ever offered a GAP position. I'm a pretty shy person to begin with so this was definitely breaking out of my comfort zone but it paid off in the end. Good luck! (I understand the struggle!)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
The year I was waitlisted they notified me about a month after my interview to let me know I was waitlisted and until I got my rejection email in July there was radio silence. I did still update them on all of my activities and kept in close contact with Lindsey and Jeff. I honestly would say that you can't "bother" them enough. In my experience, the more you communicate with them the better. I called their offices, emailed regularly, and actually scheduled an appointment in person with Lindsey to discuss my application before I was ever offered a GAP position. I'm a pretty shy person to begin with so this was definitely breaking out of my comfort zone but it paid off in the end. Good luck! (I understand the struggle!)
Thank you for this! I suppose I will just have to wait a bit longer and possibly send some updates. I appreciate you taking the time to share your story!

Does anyone know if they send out all their rejections at the end of the cycle?
They send out rejections early May if you haven't been invited to interview yet.
If waitlisted, rejections can go up until the week before the first week of school.
I've had a few friends get in a few day before their white coat ceremony. o_O

For all you bridge applicants out there, admissions said they are finished interviewing for alternate admissions.
They said they could add a day if needed but that for now they are done. Hope that helps anyone else trying to make decisions!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Hi do you know anything about the bridge program?
Met many Tulsa Bridge program students at their Operation Orange showcase program for high school students. Diverse, warm, friendly, some nontrad, many research interests. Daughter particularly impressed with Bridge program; free tuition if you are URM or low SES. College seems very caring and collegial.