2020-2021 Touro University (Vallejo, California) TUCOM-CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I saw in last years thread that by this time, people on the WL were assigned statuses as "accept-hold" "high alternate" and "medium alternate". has anyone received anything or heard anything about that for this year?

I saw in last years thread that by this time, people on the WL were assigned statuses as "accept-hold" "high alternate" and "medium alternate". has anyone received anything or heard anything about that for this year?
Idk if last year's timeline was different, but the waitlist FAQ page says that they don't rank the WL until late May or early June. They wait until they're completely finished interviewing

I don't get why they have to interview so late in the cycle. Are all of us on the WL not good enough 😥 🥺
Applying to medical school is a harsh and grueling process. I feel for you man. I didn't get in anywhere when I applied last year and it was a huge shock to my ego and got me pretty down. Just know that it's a rough and often enigmatic and sometimes even arbitrary process. Regardless of outcome, the process is not a reflection of your worth. You are valuable and you matter.

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Applying to medical school is a harsh and grueling process. I feel for you man. I didn't get in anywhere when I applied last year and it was a huge shock to my ego and got me pretty down. Just know that it's a rough and often enigmatic and sometimes even arbitrary process. Regardless of outcome, the process is not a reflection of your worth. You are valuable and you matter.
🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

I just withdrew my A! Sending good vibes to y’all on the WL. It’s not over yet!! <3

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Still waiting to hear a response o
any interviews lately?
Still waiting to hear a response from this school, this is definitely my top choice and I am really hoping for an interview. Not sure how feasible that is this late in the cycle; but still holding on to hope until May

Reactions: 2 users
Still waiting to hear a response o

Still waiting to hear a response from this school, this is definitely my top choice and I am really hoping for an interview. Not sure how feasible that is this late in the cycle; but still holding on to hope until May
same here. or just give us rejections already so we can move on lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone see a 2021 match list? I haven’t been able to find one

At this time, I would recommend that you consider making moves to strengthen your application (improve MCAT/GPA/increase clinical or volunteer hours) and/or reapply. Typically, we reserve interviews in May for those who are in our Masters program. We will review the WL after all interviews are complete. Like most schools, we also received a significant increase in applications this cycle, thus making it even more difficult to receive an interview or even an acceptance. Reach out if you have individual questions about your application.

Got waitlisted today. I have a feeling waitlist movement is going to be minimal with the amount of applicants this year :/

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
At this time, I would recommend that you consider making moves to strengthen your application (improve MCAT/GPA/increase clinical or volunteer hours) and/or reapply. Typically, we reserve interviews in May for those who are in our Masters program. We will review the WL after all interviews are complete. Like most schools, we also received a significant increase in applications this cycle, thus making it even more difficult to receive an interview or even an acceptance. Reach out if you have individual questions about your application.
Thanks for this! TUCOM was one of my top picks and it's definitely disappointing not hearing back for interviews! I applied a little bit later once they eased off the physician LOR (I felt it was inappropriate to request from the ED doctors I worked alongside during the pandemic). I am looking to apply again this year, would it be appropriate to email the admission team for application feedback or do they not do that?

Thanks for this! TUCOM was one of my top picks and it's definitely disappointing not hearing back for interviews! I applied a little bit later once they eased off the physician LOR (I felt it was inappropriate to request from the ED doctors I worked alongside during the pandemic). I am looking to apply again this year, would it be appropriate to email the admission team for application feedback or do they not do that?
Unfortunately, admissions does not review individual applications.

Having gone through this, I will level with you and tell you to apply early and apply with the highest stats and scores you can. If you can retake your MCAT or take an extra year to improve your GPA, you should. Each year, the pool gets more and more competitive so you should critically reflect on what you can control to improve your application. Simply reapplying for the sake of reapplying will not help you for admission here, or for any other medical school, MD or DO.

Despite admissions relaxing the LOR and MCAT requirements, very few applicants that we interviewed this cycle did not meet the requirements we had Pre-COVID. So even though not having an LOR is technically acceptable, it benefits you to have all LORs if you receive an II. Not having an LOR will not be the make or break in receiving an II. There are parts of the that application that we take into consideration.

Last edited:
If we were put on waitlist and send an update letter now will it not be reviewed until late may/early june - since the email indicated that admissions do not go back to waitlist candidates until late may/early june?

If we were put on waitlist and send an update letter now will it not be reviewed until late may/early june - since the email indicated that admissions do not go back to waitlist candidates until late may/early june?
Yes. Once we are done conducting interviews, we will take a look at our waitlist. We are expecting some waitlist movement as applicants holding multiple acceptances must choose one school. I can't give you an exact date but it would be best to submit your updates/letter of intents to Adcom prior to us reviewing the applicants on the waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users
Unfortunately, admissions does not review individual applications.

Having gone through this, I will level with you and tell you to apply early and apply with the highest stats and scores you can. If you can retake your MCAT or take an extra year to improve your GPA, you should. Each year, the pool gets more and more competitive so you should critically reflect on what you can control to improve your application. Simply reapplying for the sake of reapplying will not help you for admission here, or for any other medical school, MD or DO.

Despite admissions relaxing the LOR and MCAT requirements, very few applicants that we interviewed this cycle did not meet the requirements we had Pre-COVID. So even though not having an LOR is technically acceptable, it benefits you to have all LORs if you receive an II. Not having an LOR will not be the make or break in receiving an II. There are parts of the that application that we take into consideration.
Thanks for your feedback! I am planning to submit my application within that first week or so. However, I am set to retake the MCAT in June, and I do believe it will take a month to get my score back, which I'm assuming is still early, correct?

Thanks for your feedback! I am planning to submit my application within that first week or so. However, I am set to retake the MCAT in June, and I do believe it will take a month to get my score back, which I'm assuming is still early, correct?
Yup - in the 2020-2021 cycle we were able to review applications without an MCAT. However next cycle we are requiring an MCAT for the application to be complete. If you submit your application without an MCAT we will hold your application until we receive your verified MCAT.

Does Touro CA have dorms on campus or is there only off-campus housing available?

Withdrawing my acceptance from here, hope it goes to one of you! Good luck!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
FYI, for those who are still anxiously waiting, we started to take applicants off the wait list today.

• Wow
Reactions: 9 users
Withdrawing my acceptance today. Good luck to you all

• Care
  • Love
Withdrew my acceptance from here. Good Luck to Everyone still waiting to hear back :)

• Care
  • Love
Will we still be notified our rank?
No it says it's an internal ranking, but we'll get monthly updates (probably won't say much other than that we're on the waitlist and they will continue to pull from it.

No it says it's an internal ranking, but we'll get monthly updates (probably won't say much other than that we're on the waitlist and they will continue to pull from it.
Thats kind of interesting. Based on last year's thread the WL was in multiple tiers and students knew what tier they were in. It also looks like some students in the highest tier were offered a seat for the following year's class. I wonder if they're going to end up doing that this year

Thats kind of interesting. Based on last year's thread the WL was in multiple tiers and students knew what tier they were in. It also looks like some students in the highest tier were offered a seat for the following year's class. I wonder if they're going to end up doing that this year
I suppose they could. The WL FAQ for this year does not explicitly mention tiers while at least in 2018 it did.

For yalls duration did you give the date you were volunteering for or hours total?
Also how does anynoe write why Tuoro annd Why should the committee accept you with only 250 words total.

Last edited:
got accepted earlier today!
interviewed: 2/9

withdrew my acceptance, hope it goes to one of y'all

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Accepted Thursday evening as well! Dream come true! I'll see you all there!

Reactions: 6 users
Withdrew from the WL here. Good luck, everyone!

Anyone on the WL get any general updates from the school recently? My decision email mentioned that there would be some regular updates beginning late May/Early June. Here's hoping they'll eventually give us WL tiers like last year so I know if its worth holding out hope or if I should just start signing loans/leases for a different school I'm holding an A to.

Anyone on the WL get any general updates from the school recently? My decision email mentioned that there would be some regular updates beginning late May/Early June. Here's hoping they'll eventually give us WL tiers like last year so I know if its worth holding out hope or if I should just start signing loans/leases for a different school I'm holding an A to.
I haven’t heard anything and I was waitlisted in January

• Wow