2020-2021 Touro University (Vallejo, California) TUCOM-CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
how long does it take to hear back for the secondary after sending in the primary? Sent in my primary end of october. LM 71

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my interview here! hope it goes to someone who wants it more!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Is it necessary to send a thank you note to my interviewers? If so, are you writing one email to the three interviewers collectively, or are you writing an email to each interviewer individually?

Is it necessary to send a thank you note to my interviewers? If so, are you writing one email to the three interviewers collectively, or are you writing an email to each interviewer individually?
sending a thank you note isn't a hit or kill. If you really want to, then I would send separate email to each interviewer. Just remember that they won't reply.

I sent three separate thank you notes to each of my interviewers. They were short and sweet and also personalized to what each of them asked me so that they remembered me.

I was lucky to have actually gotten a response back from one of them and it was sweet :)

Hi! After I interviewed, I sent personalized thank you emails to everyone who presented during the interview day as well as those who interviewed me. I figured that was fine to do because they emailed out the emails of everyone involved during the whole thing.

I got responses from 1/3 students, 2/3 interviewers, 3/4 presenters/Q&A people, and one from the adcom who ran the interview day. I did that because I wanted to since it was a nice learning experience and I enjoyed how the day went. I don't think they factor thank you notes in to admissions decisions though and it's definitely not required. You might get responses you might not. I'd say do it if you want to.

I agree with what everyone else said. Thank you notes are not necessary. Not sending one doesn't hurt you. Sending one doesn't boost you either.

Just got the waitlist email. Sad because I felt I did well during the interview :(

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Just got the waitlist email. Sad because I felt I did well during the interview :(

I also got waitlisted as well, I did ok on the interview I thought. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone and fingers crossed things change later this cycle for us!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
+1. Interviewed 11/24. I also thought I did decently, maybe not the greatest interview ever but on par with my fellow interviewees. Onto better opportunities elsewhere I guess!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe the adcoms were just in a real bad mood yesterday

I also got the waitlist email :( I thought I did pretty well or at least okay.. really bummed because this is one of my top choices. May/June is so far away. I’m right here with you!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted today too. It sounds like a lot of us were which is weird cause I thought the post interview acceptance rate was high. Sucks cause it’s a top choice but I’m going to be positive and try to move on!

Waitlisted today too. It sounds like a lot of us were which is weird cause I thought the post interview acceptance rate was high. Sucks cause it’s a top choice but I’m going to be positive and try to move on!
My guess is that they are conducting a significantly higher number of interviews this year and will probably move through a good chunk of their waitlist. But I don't know why this group is getting so few acceptances, kind of weird

They might have filled the class. Could be the reason behind all the WLs

Are we sure they didn't just screw up in their data entry and send everyone a WL. I mean there is 5 more month worth of interviews to go there is no way they have filled the class already.

I have heard that a couple other schools are full/close to being full as well -- ATSU - SOMA and Howard

I have heard that a couple other schools are full/close to being full as well -- ATSU - SOMA and Howard
Full/close to full FOR NOW

also would love to hear from any Touro CA OOS students. This is my top choice of h Th r schools I’ve gotten into currently but the student panel I had was all CA students who went there because they wanted to stay in state, which isn’t helpful for my decision lol

Has anyone been accepted to the DO-MPH? I haven’t heard anything regarding my app and it’s been weeks

Has anyone been accepted to the DO-MPH? I haven’t heard anything regarding my app and it’s been weeks

If you've already been accepted to DO program then you will receive an email to enroll in MPH program later.

If you've already been accepted to DO program then you will receive an email to enroll in MPH program later.
Well I awash accepted into the DO a couple months ago and immediately applied to the MPH and they said they would let us know if we are accepted within a few weeks

Well I awash accepted into the DO a couple months ago and immediately applied to the MPH and they said they would let us know if we are accepted within a few weeks
I was just notified last week of the acceptance into the dual program! Acceptance for DO was back in the 25th of September and I applied to MPH dual program in November.

Out of curiosity, is there an accepted students FB group or any sort of similar group yet? Also, in terms of the financial aspects of the MPH/DO, is there anything I should do in order to also receive financial aid for the MPH portion other than my original FAFSA application?

I was just notified last week of the acceptance into the dual program! Acceptance for DO was back in the 25th of September and I applied to MPH dual program in November.

Out of curiosity, is there an accepted students FB group or any sort of similar group yet? Also, in terms of the financial aspects of the MPH/DO, is there anything I should do in order to also receive financial aid for the MPH portion other than my original FAFSA application?

When did u complete the MPH app? I haven’t heard back and mine was complete 11/15

I got a submission email not a complete email...man and they have not responded to my email today
I wouldn't worry too much about it, I think it'll take them a bit of time to process and from my understanding of the interview session, it seemed like the DO/MPH was highly encouraged so I imagine they will not be extremely extremely selective! Crossing my fingers for you!

Do you guys really think the school is full :( ? I was complete Mid-October only because I didn't get a secondary for like 45 days (verified right at beginning of September). I sent them an email asking if I would get a secondary, and without any reply I received my secondary 40 minutes later.....like damn did they just forget about my app....

@
Do you guys really think the school is full :( ? I was complete Mid-October only because I didn't get a secondary for like 45 days (verified right at beginning of September). I sent them an email asking if I would get a secondary, and without any reply I received my secondary 40 minutes later.....like damn did they just forget about my app....
Same!

• Sad
hey 20-21 applicant OOS with stats for 3.89 GPA, MCAT 506. My secondary was confirmed on 9/8/2020 but have not heard back yet for an interview. Looks like my chances getting in are slim, but would it be inappropriate to email and ask for the status of my application?

hey 20-21 applicant OOS with stats for 3.89 GPA, MCAT 506. My secondary was confirmed on 9/8/2020 but have not heard back yet for an interview. Looks like my chances getting in are slim, but would it be inappropriate to email and ask for the status of my application?

Hi!
You can ask an adcom in one of these Touro Talks sessions (tomorrow is the last osteopathic med school one til January) Touro Talks - Touro University, California
or just email them it should be fine. Some people on this thread have mentioned emailing to ask them about the status of their applications and got their apps looked at faster.

I suspect that they are full based on the number of post-interview waitlists that went out on 12/4 (myself included), which was decision day for the interview dates: 11/23, 11/24, 11/30, and 12/1. Not a single person reported an acceptance on here.

I know there were interviews on 12/7, 12/8, 12/14, and 12/15, and I suspect that they will be releasing decisions this Friday, 12/18.

I think we have to wait and see for what happens this Friday. I suspect that everyone will be waitlisted, but I am just waiting for actual confirmation from people on here to post this Friday to support my theory. When June 2021 comes around, I suspect that they will be pulling heavily from their waitlist.

• Sad
I suspect that they are full based on the number of post-interview waitlists that went out on 12/4 (myself included), which was decision day for the interview dates: 11/23, 11/24, 11/30, and 12/1. Not a single person reported an acceptance on here.

I know there were interviews on 12/7, 12/8, 12/14, and 12/15, and I suspect that they will be releasing decisions this Friday, 12/18.

I think we have to wait and see for what happens this Friday. I suspect that everyone will be waitlisted, but I am just waiting for actual confirmation from people on here to post this Friday to support my theory. When June 2021 comes around, I suspect that they will be pulling heavily from their waitlist.
Thank you for your insight and detailed response! Hopefully there will be a lot of waitlist movement since, like most DO schools, really high level applicants apply to them as safety schools, but then drop once they get their MD/preferred location A. Hopefully they're still offering II's as well! I want to go here for the location more than anything and would even choose this school over many of the MDs I applied to.

Full/close to full FOR NOW

also would love to hear from any Touro CA OOS students. This is my top choice of h Th r schools I’ve gotten into currently but the student panel I had was all CA students who went there because they wanted to stay in state, which isn’t helpful for my decision lol
I'm OOS! From Texas. There are a couple others from TX in my class and a handful of others OOS as well.

The FB group for your class will be created around March 2021

Just some food for thought: All of the medical programs, both MD and DO, around the country have seen anywhere from 15-25% increase in applications this cycle compared to last cycle. There has been no consensus as to why we've been seeing this increase, but trends have typically shown that people are more likely to apply during times of economic decline/crisis.

Reactions: 2 users
I had an interview this week. I was wondering if it is too late to send the thank you email today?

I had an interview this week. I was wondering if it is too late to send the thank you email today?
Should still be fine. It’s just to thank the interviewers for their time and has no bearing on your decision. When are decisions supposed to be announced for this week’s interview dates?

Should still be fine. It’s just to thank the interviewers for their time and has no bearing on your decision. When are decisions supposed to be announced for this week’s interview dates?
Ok, got it! Thanks :)
The decisions are supposed to be announced today.

i interviewed 12/8 and got my acceptance email a few minutes ago!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
As someone who is committed to Touro as of rn, what is TUCOM's rep among DO schools?