You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Yale
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
That’s a good question, because I think it is due in 2 weeksIs the YSM Financial Aid Application up?
I interviewed back in January and one of the financial aid people said something about being done at the end of JanuaryIt's been super quiet. I don't want them to be done, but they might be done? Any thoughts or inside scoops?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is the YSM Financial Aid Application up?
Just emailed. The form will be on the website in a couple of weeks, and it is due 2/26. The form should only take about 20 minutes to complete.I interviewed back in January and one of the financial aid people said something about being done at the end of January
Thank you! Congrats to everyone who got an interview. I really wanted Yale, but sometimes things just don't work out. I wish everyone well. 🙂 <3I interviewed back in January and one of the financial aid people said something about being done at the end of January
D
deleted1124716
If they're really done with the IIs, why not just send Rs to people and put them out of their misery? So cruel!
212kindofgal
Full Member
Based on the past threads it seems they send a wave of decisions (A, R, WL) to everyone on a single dayIf they're really done with the IIs, why not just send Rs to people and put them out of their misery? So cruel!
D
deleted1080469
Anyone have info on when the financial aid application will be sent?
vegasboy
New Member
It should be available on the website by 2/15 according to the Fin aid office!Anyone have info on when the financial aid application will be sent?
huge_epic_gaming69
Full Member
Do you guys think this might delay decisions? I was looking at last year's thread and it looked like decisions came out in the last week of Feb; given that they wanted to send out decisions together with financial aid, I wonder if decisions will be significantly later this year.It should be available on the website by 2/15 according to the Fin aid office!
The `Financial_Aid_Summary.pdf` file emailed to interviewees mentions applying for financial aid by February 25 to get an award by Second Look. This seems to suggest they are not under pressure to release financial aid at the same time as admissions decisions, which are expected by March 15.Do you guys think this might delay decisions? I was looking at last year's thread and it looked like decisions came out in the last week of Feb; given that they wanted to send out decisions together with financial aid, I wonder if decisions will be significantly later this year.
whatareyouacop
New Member
Has anyone been able to access the YSM financial aid app yet?
capybarahaha
New Member
I don't think it's out yet (no email about it, checked Application Process which had no link for 22-23 incoming students)Has anyone been able to access the YSM financial aid app yet?
it’s out! just checked nowI don't think it's out yet (no email about it, checked Application Process which had no link for 22-23 incoming students)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premed_prebed
New Member
Anyone know where to find, or if we need to include, Yale ID#? appears on this required document https://medicine.yale.edu/md-progra...ertificate of Information_406419_29443_v1.pdf
Madi.pinge
Full Member
Who do we send it to or where do we upload 2020 federal income tax returns?
Email financial documents to [email protected]. The Office of Financial Aid requests that you please properly black out all social security numbers.Who do we send it to or where do we upload 2020 federal income tax returns?
anyone have information on admissions decision dates from past cycles? last year was late Feb if I recall correctly?
nvm, did it myself for those curious:
-2017: Tues, 3/7 (~7:00 pm EST)
-2018: Mon, 3/5 (~2:15 pm EST)
-2019: Thurs, 2/28 (~4:30 pm EST)
-2020: Thurs, 2/27 (~4:10 pm EST)
-2021: Wed, 2/24 (~3:10 pm EST)
KanekiS1E12
Full Member
Hoping for next week. These long waits are killing me slowly.nvm, did it myself for those curious:
-2017: Tues, 3/7 (~7:00 pm EST)
-2018: Mon, 3/5 (~2:15 pm EST)
-2019: Thurs, 2/28 (~4:30 pm EST)
-2020: Thurs, 2/27 (~4:10 pm EST)
-2021: Wed, 2/24 (~3:10 pm EST)
D
deleted1080469
create a new account - yes! It will ask you in the application to input your aamc ID.For the financial aid application how do we log in to the portal? Should we be creating a new account or was log in information supposed to be sent
Do y'all know if they call for A's or is it an email
Measher809
Full Member
just bumping this if anybody found an answer pls let us know!Anyone know where to find, or if we need to include, Yale ID#? appears on this required document https://medicine.yale.edu/md-program/financialaid/formsandresources/Certificate of Information_406419_29443_v1.pdf
I just left it blank. The financial aid office said they would get back to me if anything else was missing/needed and that hasn’t happened as of yet.just bumping this if anybody found an answer pls let us know!
I’m thinking Wednesday afternoon!! Good luck everyone 🙂Hoping for next week. These long waits are killing me slowly.
I put my AAMC Applicant ID (with indication that it was such). I am not aware of being assigned a Yale ID and assume they have been using AAMC Applicant IDs to track applicants as that's what we use to sign into the AMP applicant portal.Anyone know where to find, or if we need to include, Yale ID#? appears on this required document https://medicine.yale.edu/md-program/financialaid/formsandresources/Certificate of Information_406419_29443_v1.pdf
Do decisions usually come out before the priority deadline for financial aid? Just seems odd to pay $16 to send CSS profile when you don't know the outcome of your application yet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I mean, I saw on last year’s thread that the decisions did come out before the FA deadline. I just bit the bullet and paid the $16 because I didn’t want to take that chance. But it is pretty crappy to have us do this before a decision.Do decisions usually come out before the priority deadline for financial aid? Just seems odd to pay $16 to send CSS profile when you don't know the outcome of your application yet
i felt like it was bad juju to fill it out before decisions, but I’m also completely off my rocker 🤪I mean, I saw on last year’s thread that the decisions did come out before the FA deadline. I just bit the bullet and paid the $16 because I didn’t want to take that chance. But it is pretty crappy to have us do this before a decision.
based on past years, there’s a pretty good chance we have a decision before Friday…
I wanna hear back but at the same time the idea of hearing back makes me sick to my stomach. What makes you think Wednesday?I’m thinking Wednesday afternoon!! Good luck everyone 🙂
I wanna hear back but at the same time the idea of hearing back makes me sick to my stomach. What makes you think Wednesday?
Bumping this post I made earlier. It was the last Wednesday in Feb last year.
nvm, did it myself for those curious:
-2017: Tues, 3/7 (~7:00 pm EST)
-2018: Mon, 3/5 (~2:15 pm EST)
-2019: Thurs, 2/28 (~4:30 pm EST)
-2020: Thurs, 2/27 (~4:10 pm EST)
-2021: Wed, 2/24 (~3:10 pm EST)
Last edited:
Okay, but that's the only year in the past 5 that it was a Wednesday, and in only one year out of the past 5 did it fall on the same day of the week as the previous year. Why not the last Thursday in February, or the first Tuesday in March for that matter?Bumping this post I made earlier. It was last Wednesday in Feb last year.
The truth is there is no pattern at all, with 4 of the 5 days of the week represented in the past 5 years, covering a 2 week period from 2/24 though 3/7. Based just on what you posted, it could literally be any day at all in the next 2 weeks or so, except it's a pretty safe bet that it won't be on a weekend.
gigi4567
Full Member
add the stress of filling the financial aid forms with such a close deadline...Wishing everybody luck and peace of mind!I wanna hear back but at the same time the idea of hearing back makes me sick to my stomach. What makes you think Wednesday?
D
deleted1080469
the FA deadline is not a strict one, I believe.. the email said, "We will accept applications after this date, but your award letter may be delayed."I mean, I saw on last year’s thread that the decisions did come out before the FA deadline. I just bit the bullet and paid the $16 because I didn’t want to take that chance. But it is pretty crappy to have us do this before a decision.
(that being said, i paid the $16 too lol)
Wishing every good luck here! <3
bumpyroad358
Full Member
For the financial aid app, where should we submit our certificate of information form?
Email financial documents to [email protected].For the financial aid app, where should we submit our certificate of information form?
Have people been getting confirmation once all of their financial aid documents have been received? Or just silence?
I submitted mine the day it opened and still have not heard any confirmationHave people been getting confirmation once all of their financial aid documents have been received? Or just silence?
gigi4567
Full Member
apparently they have a multiple day backlog of emails and they will respond once they process things and they need additional documents (per my phone call with the financial aid office)Have people been getting confirmation once all of their financial aid documents have been received? Or just silence?
Of course they do….apparently they have a multiple day backlog of emails and they will respond once they process things and they need additional documents (per my phone call with the financial aid office)
Par for the course for a dumb system encouraging FA applications from many people they have probably already decided to reject lol
Last edited:
FWIW both last year and in 2020 decisions came out the day before the priority deadline for financial aidDo decisions usually come out before the priority deadline for financial aid? Just seems odd to pay $16 to send CSS profile when you don't know the outcome of your application yet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yo,Not financial aid responding to my document email and giving me a heart attack when I see the notification of an email from a Yale email address
How did you send the document?
I submitted the form, but I didn't find a place where to send docs.
please help since we are approaching that deadline.
thanks
Email financial aid documents to [email protected].Yo,
How did you send the document?
I submitted the form, but I didn't find a place where to send docs.
please help since we are approaching that deadline.
thanks
Would anyone mind forwarding me the finaid information? I am MSTP also hoping for MD consideration if rejected from the MD/PhD. They don’t send us these …
Would anyone mind forwarding me the finaid information? I am MSTP also hoping for MD consideration if rejected from the MD/PhD. They don’t send us these …
Subject: YSM Financial Aid Application is live
Date: February 17, 2022
Dear YSM interviewee,
Greetings from the Office of Financial Aid!
You are receiving this email because you interviewed at YSM. We're writing to let you know that our website has now been updated for the 22-23 academic year, and the 22-23 YSM Financial Aid Application and all forms are now available.
MD Program Financial Aid Application Instructions
medicine.yale.edu
As a reminder, our priority deadline for all financial aid materials is February 25, which will allow us to get accepted applicants their award letter by Second Look Weekend (March 31 and April 1). We will accept applications after this date, but your award letter may be delayed.
Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!
Sincerely,
Office of Financial Aid
Yale School of Medicine
[email protected]
203-785-2645