2021-2022 Yale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has there been wl movement? asking as a (somewhat anxious) WL here
None that I am aware of. At least on the MD/PhD side of things, historically the first week of May is the big times.

Members don't see this ad.

Yale normally has a WL movement in the first few days after April 30. Are ppl not reporting on sdn or they haven't really accepted ppl of the WL? Just curious.....

Reactions: 1 user
Yale normally has a WL movement in the first few days after April 30. Are ppl not reporting on sdn or they haven't really accepted ppl of the WL? Just curious.....
There are 211 people in the Yale 2026 FB group. That seems pretty high for a class of 100. I'm wondering if there is little or even no movement this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are 211 people in the Yale 2026 FB group. That seems pretty high for a class of 100. I'm wondering if there is little or even no movement this year.
Honestly, I wouldn’t trust the FB page to be accurate. There are people in there who have committed to other schools and haven’t left the page

Reactions: 1 users
There was some reported on the MD/PhD side of things.

I was accepted to the MSTP off WL on 5/5. Yale sends out their first wave of decisions to everyone at the same time in Feb, but not sure if they do the same for WL offers in May. The Facebook group had 15 members just join — not sure if this is all MSTP or some MD too.

For the group, I also wouldn't worry about how many members there are. It's inflated. On top of people who have already withdrawn, this group also has many current students.

Good luck with WL movement everyone! Feel free to PM me for more specifics, hope this helps!

I was accepted to the MSTP off WL on 5/5. Yale sends out their first wave of decisions to everyone at the same time in Feb, but not sure if they do the same for WL offers in May. The Facebook group had 15 members just join — not sure if this is all MSTP or some MD too.

For the group, I also wouldn't worry about how many members there are. It's inflated. On top of people who have already withdrawn, this group also has many current students.

Good luck with WL movement everyone! Feel free to PM me for more specifics, hope this helps!
Would you say it is safe to assume I will not be getting off the MSTP waitlist and I can CTE?

I heard through the grape vine about additional movement on the MD-PhD side today.

Members don't see this ad :)
About what time did your calls come in?
I wasn’t admitted off WL (at least not yet, fingers crossed), but they called me to gauge my interest in the school. I missed it originally (came at 10:10 eastern) and called them back around 10:40 eastern. I wonder what it means. Thoughts?

I wasn’t admitted off WL (at least not yet, fingers crossed), but they called me to gauge my interest in the school. I missed it originally (came at 10:10 eastern) and called them back around 10:40 eastern. I wonder what it means. Thoughts?
Historically, they call a second time with the actual waitlist offer. I would say it’s a safe bet. But I’m also hoping they’re not done with calls :/

Reactions: 1 users
Yale is my first choice school, due to a variety of personal reasons, feeling pretty sad that I haven’t received a call :((

Keep looking at my phone and wishing for a 203- number to show up.

I saw that some people are announcing fb member numbers, I think the groupme is a more accurate depiction, that is 98 members.

I saw that some people are announcing fb member numbers, I think the groupme is a more accurate depiction, that is 98 members.
Yeah, a bunch of people joined the groupme since last Monday with a few leaving too

update to all: still haven't heard from admissions after the continued interest call... maybe they really make would make that call and then not pull off

EDIT: ADMITTED! 10:50 eastern 5/11

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Hey current waitlistees: I decided to stick with my PTE school and relinquish my spot at YSM. I hope my spot can go to one of you amazing people who are still hanging in there. Best of luck!

Has anyone heard anything?
Sorry for the late response guys! I was accepted off the waitlist last Friday and very contently chose to attend. Same report as other posters (continued interest call -> acceptance call)

Wish everyone the best and hope we can get some more of you in here!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know when the last WL movement happened? I'm assuming it's all done by now obviously, but wondering if there is still any meaningful chance