2021-2022 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Carolinas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have all my ten DO applications verified, how long after June 15th can I expect secondaries?

I have all my ten DO applications verified, how long after June 15th can I expect secondaries?
I've been looking at last year's threads to get an idea when secondaries started to be sent out for each school.

Received secondary app today. No MCAT score yet. 3.2 cGPA and 3.2 sGPA

Also received secondary today. On VCOM's website, it says "a physician letter is not required for 2021-2022 cycle" but on the secondary it asks you to supply contact info for a letter of rec from a physician. Would I leave this blank? I plan on getting one.

Also received secondary today. On VCOM's website, it says "a physician letter is not required for 2021-2022 cycle" but on the secondary it asks you to supply contact info for a letter of rec from a physician. Would I leave this blank? I plan on getting one.
Do you mind sharing the secondaries prompts?

For those who have gotten or are pre-writing secondaries, are you using the full 500 words? I feel like I can answer the question in ~250.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I am an incoming OMS-1 at VCOM Carolinas Campus. If you have any questions or need input about the application cycle for VCOM I would be glad to give any assistance that I can. Just message me on here!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! I am an incoming OMS-1 at VCOM Carolinas Campus. If you have any questions or need input about the application cycle for VCOM I would be glad to give any assistance that I can. Just message me on here!
Hi, I received the secondary for VCOM but I am retaking the MCAT until July. If I submit my secondary right away, will they put my application on hold? Do you think I have a chance of getting an interview if I am applying late due to my MCAT? Thanks!

Hi, I received the secondary for VCOM but I am retaking the MCAT until July. If I submit my secondary right away, will they put my application on hold? Do you think I have a chance of getting an interview if I am applying late due to my MCAT? Thanks!
I am also taking my MCAT in July. I plan on submitting my secondary as soon as I can. It's basically finished just need that professional picture to upload.

I am also taking my MCAT in July. I plan on submitting my secondary as soon as I can. It's basically finished just need that professional picture to upload.
From what I know, VCOM reviews applications as they are received. If you already have an MCAT on file, they will judge your academic merit based on the current MCAT score in relation to your GPA. If there is an optional field for "additional information" I would be sure to include that you are planning to re-take the MCAT soon so that they know more scores will be available shortly. Clearly you have a higher chance if you show that you can increase your MCAT score from your previous attempt(s). Personally, I increased my score 9 points after taking it the first time and one of my interviewers mentioned how impressed they were.

I would highly recommend submitting the secondary sooner rather than later. No later than 10 calendar days after receiving the secondary application was my personal deadline for every secondary.

Good-luck!

I just got an email to fill out secondary but I am having trouble login in using my accomas ID. Anyone else having this issue or have a tip on how to fix this? I email/called VCOM already but no response.

I noticed that the VCOM secondary has a section to upload a pre-committee recommendation letter packet as well as a spot for a letter from a physician. If my pre-health committee attaches all letters to their packet, including an original letter from the physician I am obtaining a letter from, should I still fill in the physician letter portion? If I do that, I believe that means they would receive the letter from my physician recommender twice.

I just got an email to fill out secondary but I am having trouble login in using my accomas ID. Anyone else having this issue or have a tip on how to fix this? I email/called VCOM already but no response.
I had this same issue. Someone on the Auburn thread said they called VCOM and they said to wait a day and if it still doesn't work then to call back again...I'm on day 2 with this issue so I'll probably call them at some point I guess

From what I know, VCOM reviews applications as they are received. If you already have an MCAT on file, they will judge your academic merit based on the current MCAT score in relation to your GPA. If there is an optional field for "additional information" I would be sure to include that you are planning to re-take the MCAT soon so that they know more scores will be available shortly. Clearly you have a higher chance if you show that you can increase your MCAT score from your previous attempt(s). Personally, I increased my score 9 points after taking it the first time and one of my interviewers mentioned how impressed they were.

I would highly recommend submitting the secondary sooner rather than later. No later than 10 calendar days after receiving the secondary application was my personal deadline for every secondary.

Good-luck!
Thank you for the response! I have already indicated on my AACOMAS application that I am retaking it. Do I still need to email them to let them about it?

Just submitted my secondary yesterday. When I check under the communication page, it says thank you for submitting your secondary. But then when I look at the status page, it has my MCAT with an X and under application complete it has an X and it says application incomplete. Just wondering is this the case with others?

Just submitted my secondary yesterday. When I check under the communication page, it says thank you for submitting your secondary. But then when I look at the status page, it has my MCAT with an X and under application complete it has an X and it says application incomplete. Just wondering is this the case with others?
Mine is also like this

Mine is also like this
My status has now changed to screen review. I have an X next to "MCAT" and "Application Complete", but a check next to everything else. Does this mean I need to directly send my MCAT to VCOM, or should they not be able to get it from my AACOMAS?

Thank you for the response! I have already indicated on my AACOMAS application that I am retaking it. Do I still need to email them to let them about it?
I wouldn't. If it is indicated on the primary or secondary application then they will see it. They will read literally everything about you.

were you able to figure this out? I plan on doing the same as well.

Is anyone else unable to log in? I get some weird code errors whenever I attempt to log in.

Is anyone else unable to log in? I get some weird code errors whenever I attempt to log in.
There site has constantly been going online and offline for the past day. Unfortunately, I just refresh every few minutes to get back in. VCOM's portal is by far the slowest I have used, but is more aesthetically pleasing.... On the topic of supplemental app websites, I think I rank ACOM's as worst because it doesn't allow you to save your progress. :lol:

What did you guys use for your username to login to the secondary portal. I was able to retrieve my password through my email, but have not been able to login. I used both my aacomas ID and email for the username and it gives me an error screen. Any thoughts?

What did you guys use for your username to login to the secondary portal. I was able to retrieve my password through my email, but have not been able to login. I used both my aacomas ID and email for the username and it gives me an error screen. Any thoughts?
In the same boat!!

In the same boat!!
Hmm, I did that the first time and was able to get in. Maybe they are having bigger problems than just their site being offline randomly.

When I was using autofill it wouldn't let me access the portal, try manually entering it in. If that doesn't work I would contact them

I just submitted my secondary and I didn't have any issues with the portal. Any one know if they offer interviews before MCAT scores? Mine isn't until Aug 13 :(

OOS 510 w/o a secondary. Is it safe to assume I've received an R?

Been 4 days since I've gotten the secondary invite but I still get an error trying to access it, anyone else struggling with this?

Reactions: 2 users
Been 4 days since I've gotten the secondary invite but I still get an error trying to access it, anyone else struggling with this?
I'm also getting an error whenever I try to log into the portal.

Is everyone that submitted application like this:
1625900249257.png

Reactions: 1 users