2021-2022 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Carolinas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ah okay thank you! I was able to find a little more about accreditation statuses. Accreditation Decisions for Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine - American Osteopathic Association "Accreditation with Heightened Monitoring: This indicates that fewer than three standards are non-compliant and ongoing monitoring will occur via progress reporting. For schools with this status, accreditation will be granted for four years"

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have never lived in Spartanburg, but my friends have lived there for a year now and have not mentioned that it is dangerous. I visited them and felt comfortable walking around at least.
Thanks for the info.

Does anybody know if VCOM - Louisiana and VCOM - Carolinas is safe? Because google says that Monroe LA and Spartanburg SC is very dangerous. I have read many articles about that. Does anybody live there, how is the area?
At the moment, I’m begging for an acceptance, so I can’t be a chooser.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know if VCOM - Louisiana and VCOM - Carolinas is safe? Because google says that Monroe LA and Spartanburg SC is very dangerous. I have read many articles about that. Does anybody live there, how is the area?
Spartanburg is fine, not dangerous.. I have family in SC. just your typical southern town

How strictly does the school adhere to your choice rank of the campuses? What have been your experiences with that regarding those of you who got an interview and/or acceptance? Did you get your top choice? Are you able to change your choice and choose a different campus to interview or attend? Any insight? Thanks.

How strictly does the school adhere to your choice rank of the campuses? What have been your experiences with that regarding those of you who got an interview and/or acceptance? Did you get your top choice? Are you able to change your choice and choose a different campus to interview or attend? Any insight? Thanks.
I was contacted by my number one choice to interview and later accepted! I have not heard anything from the other campuses.

Received a Virtual Interview Tips Information Session email and freaked out until I reread it. Not an invite but may be a good sign? 🧐🧐

Reactions: 4 users
Received a Virtual Interview Tips Information Session email and freaked out until I reread it. Not an invite but may be a good sign? 🧐🧐

Same...got excited there for a second until I read the actual email.

Reactions: 2 users
glad I am not the only one 😂

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my app second week of august and still have the "Your application is incomplete and will be marked complete by admissions after screening." anyone else?

Reactions: 3 users
I submitted my app second week of august and still have the "Your application is incomplete and will be marked complete by admissions after screening." anyone else?
Similar situation my friend!! and the suspense continues to build 😅

Reactions: 1 users
Can I inquire about not receiving secondary from any campus? I submitted my primary to Auburn campus in June, and they are not responding to my calls and emails.

I received that email but no email link to the secondary application...smh

Can I inquire about not receiving secondary from any campus? I submitted my primary to Auburn campus in June, and they are not responding to my calls and emails.
Email the general admissions email..I am still waiting on a secondary as well, apparently a committee "reviews your app" to decide if you're worthy of a secondary

After three weeks of being 'In Screening' I received the 'Application Complete' email this morning.

After three weeks of being 'In Screening' I received the 'Application Complete' email this morning.
Best of luck to you! I was complete on 10/19 and just got the Application Complete email this AM as well. Do you guys know how long it usually takes for them to review apps? Also, does anyone know what percentage of applicants get a secondary/complete screening?

This is the 2nd time I receive an email from VCOM thinking It was an II. Nope only a virtual physician experience invite.

Reactions: 3 users
When is a good time to reach out to VCOM about my secondary still being incomplete? I’m approaching a month now.

4 months still incomplete. this hurts :(

• Sad
Finally got the complete email! My secondary was complete on 10/15

Finally got the complete email! My secondary was complete on 10/15

In your portal under status does it say 'Application Complete'? I received the 'Application Complete' email, but my status in their portal still says 'Secondary Invite'.

In your portal under status does it say 'Application Complete'? I received the 'Application Complete' email, but my status in their portal still says 'Secondary Invite'.
Mine still says secondary invite as well

Got a phone call yesterday offering me an interview! Can anyone talk about what spartanburg is like? I'm not from the south

Reactions: 2 users
For those that got II, did they only reach out via phone or did they send an email as well? Complete 10/5, hopefully since they just offered an II to someone who was complete 10/4 my time is coming soon.

For those that got II, did they only reach out via phone or did they send an email as well? Complete 10/5, hopefully since they just offered an II to someone who was complete 10/4 my time is coming soon.
I was complete 10/1. Nothing yet. I have low stats. I feel like I wrote great essays though.

Just a phone call for me, we scheduled it over the phone and then they sent me a confirmation email with the date and time afterwards.

Man I haven't even received a secondary yet. I emailed and they said my application was still under consideration and due to high volume it could take awhile.

First round of school 15 years ago did terrible but earned a degree
Went back and took all my sciences and earned a 3.9 with over 60 credit hours.
Non-traditional
MCAT: 500
science gpa: 3.7
cumulative: 3.2

I know shouldn’t reach out to admissions to ask about app status but I’m getting really anxious. App cycle isn’t even half way over yet. Just waiting on a possible interview.

Has anyone received an acceptance from the 10/18 interview date?

II earlier this week! I got the complete email early October. Very excited!!

Got the acceptance call yesterday ! I interviewed on 10/20 and was marked complete on 10/05

II earlier this week! I got the complete email early October. Very excited!!
I was complete 10/1 I’m noticing people marked complete around that time are getting interviews. I hope to get an invite. I have low MCAT so maybe that’s why I haven’t heard. Mines <500

Ah okay thank you! I was able to find a little more about accreditation statuses. Accreditation Decisions for Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine - American Osteopathic Association "Accreditation with Heightened Monitoring: This indicates that fewer than three standards are non-compliant and ongoing monitoring will occur via progress reporting. For schools with this status, accreditation will be granted for four years"
Yes I read this. I was wondering if anyone knew which standards weren’t met

For those invited to interview… How long after you were marked complete did it take to get an interview invite?

Spartanburg is fine, not dangerous.. I have family in SC. just your typical southern town
I am a current student and can confirm that Spartanburg is just like every other city in the U.S. It is safe. You won't be in any unsafe event unless you put yourself in such a situation.

Their site suggests GPA 3.2 or better to have a chance to submit a secondary
I have this GPA and I am located in a "target state" (at least I think I am) so idk why I haven't received a secondary....

I am a current student and can confirm that Spartanburg is just like every other city in the U.S. It is safe. You won't be in any unsafe event unless you put yourself in such a situation.
Thanks for the information. I was afraid because google says that it is very dangerous, I guess you can’t always trust google huh?