You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Florida International
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
PrestigiousCelery11
Full Member
wondering the same... also, does anyone have any idea when the waitlist movement will start? I would assume today and moving forward, right?Anyone know how the waitlist movement is here?
makemeadoc
Full Member
During the interview info session they said no one got off the WL last year :/ Maybe there will be movement with all the PR this cyclewondering the same... also, does anyone have any idea when the waitlist movement will start? I would assume today and moving forward, right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
drjoeythecat
Full Member
Literally sitting by my phone and laptop waiting to hear from them. nothing yetDid anyone hear back yet? Ik decisions are today
drjoeythecat
Full Member
im nauseous fryou and me both
livingandlearning
Full Member
WL via email 🙁 best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back today!
just got the callDid anyone hear back yet? Ik decisions are today
drjoeythecat
Full Member
waitlist by email
drjoeythecat
Full Member
congrats!just got the call
floridaman032922
New Member
Waitlist email yesterday as well
does fiu have home residency programs?
drjoeythecat
Full Member
Since 3/29 has anyone withdrew or sent a letter of intent?
PrestigiousCelery11
Full Member
I sent a letter of intentSince 3/29 has anyone withdrew or sent a letter of intent?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
drjoeythecat
Full Member
sameI sent a letter of intent
drjoeythecat
Full Member
what do we think about waitlist movement this year? wondering as may 1 approaches---
PrestigiousCelery11
Full Member
With the bad press, I think the waitlist movement should be fair. I don't know for sure though.what do we think about waitlist movement this year? wondering as may 1 approaches---
starshipsweremeanttofly
Full Member
Just withdrew my Acceptance from here!! I hope it goes to one of you all!!
medschoolapplicantanon
Full Member
dumb question here... how do you withdraw your app? did you just send admissions an email? withdrawing my acceptance todayJust withdrew my Acceptance from here!! I hope it goes to one of you all!!
drjoeythecat
Full Member
congrats on having multiple acceptances guys, what a great accomplishment. hoping your A goes to me lmao! who else is chilling on the WL?
FutureDrMango
Full Member
Yup just email admissions! 🙂dumb question here... how do you withdraw your app? did you just send admissions an email? withdrawing my acceptance today
drjoeythecat
Full Member
Has anyone gotten off the WL?
makemeadoc
Full Member
I am assuming they are still calling those who get an A off the WL? Or just an email?
floridaman032922
New Member
Yes, people have gotten off already.Has anyone gotten off the WL?
lakegirl1958
New Member
I got off the WL this morning via call! 🥹Interviewed early March, OOS, 515 & 3.98
Last edited:
drjoeythecat
Full Member
CONGRATS!I got off the WL this morning via call! 🥹Interviewed early March, OOS, 515 & 3.98
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
drjoeythecat
Full Member
WOW so multiple people already are off the waitlist? big difference from last year
livingandlearning
Full Member
got the A off of the waitlist earlier this week!!
Last edited:
drjoeythecat
Full Member
congrats!got the A off of the waitlist earlier this week!! does anyone know how to pay the $100 deposit? i don't see it on the application portal where i accepted the offer 🤔
scaredtatertoot
New Member
So happy for you guys!!! really out here praying I’m gonna get that call soon too! The waitlist is moving at a RAPID rate this time compared to last year (none) which is crazy! But hey, I’m not complaining lol rooting for all of us WLs!!
Hey guys! Congrats to everyone getting an acceptance from the waitlist and good luck to those still waiting! I am an M2 here for anyone who has any questions hmu! It wasn’t that long ago that I was deciding between FIU and another state school and the advice I got was so helpful in making a decision. No such thing as a bad/dumb question!
drjoeythecat
Full Member
on the waitlist currently and i got invited to apply for the gcp. sdn threads are saying to avoid the gcp at all costs. does anyone know anything about this?
on the waitlist currently and i got invited to apply for the gcp. sdn threads are saying to avoid the gcp at all costs. does anyone know anything about this?
I didn’t do GCP and don’t know much about it. I do know A LOT of people in my year that did it and since it is so similar to our first year courses in medical school, they get some of the best grades in the class. I can’t speak to much else other than it is expensive so your financial position should play a big role in whether you decide to do it.
There is only around 90 people in the GroupMe, perhaps that means more waitlist movement soon?
Sunny4262022
New Member
Just got my A. See yall at orientation.
What time today?!! At 9:45? CONGRATS!Just got my A. See yall at orientation.
Sunny4262022
New Member
It was actually like at 2PM. Buuuut 9:45 is when I was starting to come off of the shock. Thank you!What time today?!! At 9:45? CONGRATS!
drjoeythecat
Full Member
CONGRATSJust got my A. See yall at orientation.
cheesypizza
New Member
Just got the A! I’m thrilled but kinda torn. I got Into a strong DO program earlier and didn’t expect to hear back from FIU after getting WL months ago. So much bad press here and I am not sure what is true and what is false. I recognize I’m lucky to have any choice here. Is it better to pick a good DO over a MD with some potential red flags?
Definitely pick the MD over DOJust got the A! I’m thrilled but kinda torn. I got Into a strong DO program earlier and didn’t expect to hear back from FIU after getting WL months ago. So much bad press here and I am not sure what is true and what is false. I recognize I’m lucky to have any choice here. Is it better to pick a good DO over a MD with some potential red flags?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HotCheetosFTW
Full Member
What specifically makes you say that?Definitely pick the MD over DO
Sunny4262022
New Member
I was in the same situation. You gotta choose what speaks to you. It was really difficult to let go of the DO schools I got. In the end, FIU is my home, so that is what I chose.Just got the A! I’m thrilled but kinda torn. I got Into a strong DO program earlier and didn’t expect to hear back from FIU after getting WL months ago. So much bad press here and I am not sure what is true and what is false. I recognize I’m lucky to have any choice here. Is it better to pick a good DO over a MD with some potential red flags?