2021-2022 Florida International

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know how the waitlist movement is here?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
wondering the same... also, does anyone have any idea when the waitlist movement will start? I would assume today and moving forward, right?
During the interview info session they said no one got off the WL last year :/ Maybe there will be movement with all the PR this cycle

Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know where I could find the match day results?

what do we think about waitlist movement this year? wondering as may 1 approaches---

withdrew my acceptance from here! hope it goes to one of you on the WL!! best of luck everyone : ))

Reactions: 3 users
Do we need to plan to enroll at this school if only acceptance? school specific guidelines are kind of vague

congrats on having multiple acceptances guys, what a great accomplishment. hoping your A goes to me lmao! who else is chilling on the WL?

I am assuming they are still calling those who get an A off the WL? Or just an email?

I got off the WL this morning via call! 🥹Interviewed early March, OOS, 515 & 3.98

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
WOW so multiple people already are off the waitlist? big difference from last year

got the A off of the waitlist earlier this week!!

Last edited:
  • Love
So happy for you guys!!! really out here praying I’m gonna get that call soon too! The waitlist is moving at a RAPID rate this time compared to last year (none) which is crazy! But hey, I’m not complaining lol rooting for all of us WLs!!

• Care
Hey guys! Congrats to everyone getting an acceptance from the waitlist and good luck to those still waiting! I am an M2 here for anyone who has any questions hmu! It wasn’t that long ago that I was deciding between FIU and another state school and the advice I got was so helpful in making a decision. No such thing as a bad/dumb question!

on the waitlist currently and i got invited to apply for the gcp. sdn threads are saying to avoid the gcp at all costs. does anyone know anything about this?

on the waitlist currently and i got invited to apply for the gcp. sdn threads are saying to avoid the gcp at all costs. does anyone know anything about this?

I didn’t do GCP and don’t know much about it. I do know A LOT of people in my year that did it and since it is so similar to our first year courses in medical school, they get some of the best grades in the class. I can’t speak to much else other than it is expensive so your financial position should play a big role in whether you decide to do it.

There is only around 90 people in the GroupMe, perhaps that means more waitlist movement soon?

Just got the A! I’m thrilled but kinda torn. I got Into a strong DO program earlier and didn’t expect to hear back from FIU after getting WL months ago. So much bad press here and I am not sure what is true and what is false. I recognize I’m lucky to have any choice here. Is it better to pick a good DO over a MD with some potential red flags?

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the A! I’m thrilled but kinda torn. I got Into a strong DO program earlier and didn’t expect to hear back from FIU after getting WL months ago. So much bad press here and I am not sure what is true and what is false. I recognize I’m lucky to have any choice here. Is it better to pick a good DO over a MD with some potential red flags?
Definitely pick the MD over DO

• Okay...
  • Dislike
I was in the same situation. You gotta choose what speaks to you. It was really difficult to let go of the DO schools I got. In the end, FIU is my home, so that is what I chose.

Reactions: 1 user