You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Florida State
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
osrs
Full Member
There’s a Facebook group but it’s mainly MS2s subleasing their apartmentsIs there an accepted group chat?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks and good luck!They said through April
icedcoffee_1081
Full Member
anyone know what time of day acceptances/waitlists are generally sent out?
dawgsalltheway
Full Member
My on hold email came around 6:30. Anyone else been on hold for about forever?anyone know what time of day acceptances/waitlists are generally sent out?
burner92731
New Member
Did they email that the class is full?The class is full, I think they will just be pulling from the waitlist now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1Pre-II R, glad to finally have an answer from here. Good luck everyone
I'd love to know what the odds are of being pulled from the WL
Would love to know as well
D
deleted1123884
@Flor099 @log890
According to a news report from last year, they offered 149 people a spot with only 120 spots available each year. FSU interviews ~250-300 people according to their FAQ, albeit I think it is on the higher end of that spectrum based off comments made during an interview session. So, with this knowledge in mind, there is about a 19-23% chance you will be chosen off the waitlist.
There is also their Master's bridge program where they offer 10 URMs from the waitlist the opportunity to enter the next year's class through passing the graduate program requirements, albeit I don't know how that factors into the numbers so I'm not accounting for that.
According to a news report from last year, they offered 149 people a spot with only 120 spots available each year. FSU interviews ~250-300 people according to their FAQ, albeit I think it is on the higher end of that spectrum based off comments made during an interview session. So, with this knowledge in mind, there is about a 19-23% chance you will be chosen off the waitlist.
There is also their Master's bridge program where they offer 10 URMs from the waitlist the opportunity to enter the next year's class through passing the graduate program requirements, albeit I don't know how that factors into the numbers so I'm not accounting for that.
Hi all, just got the A today. Will likely be withdrawing the A, but wanted to provide some insight into my stats to potentially help others: 509 MCAT, 3.7x GPA, two research publications (first-author on one, second on another). IS, ORM. Good luck!
dawgsalltheway
Full Member
Congrats! Interview date?Hi all, just got the A today. Will likely be withdrawing the A, but wanted to provide some insight into my stats to potentially help others: 509 MCAT, 3.7x GPA, two research publications (first-author on one, second on another). IS, ORM. Good luck!
April 5, I believe!Congrats! Interview date?
icedcoffee_1081
Full Member
Got off the waitlist today!!!
Congrats!! I PM'd you with a quick question 🙂Got off the waitlist today!!!
Congrats!! I PM'd you with a quick question 🙂Hi all, just got the A today. Will likely be withdrawing the A, but wanted to provide some insight into my stats to potentially help others: 509 MCAT, 3.7x GPA, two research publications (first-author on one, second on another). IS, ORM. Good luck!
burner92731
New Member
Does anyone know how the waitlist is ranked?
I actually just got accepted today, kinda shocked and excitedI'd love to know what the odds are of being pulled from the WL
burner92731
New Member
I've been seeing a trend of people getting accepted off the waitlist if they've interviewed in the last month or so. Congrats to you guys!
Wondering if people that interviewed in November even have a shot...
Wondering if people that interviewed in November even have a shot...
icedcoffee_1081
Full Member
Just withdrew my A! Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Withdrew my A last night after touring! Good luck!
dawgsalltheway
Full Member
Is now when I burn my shirt now or???
dawgsalltheway
Full Member
This morning???Just heard back! And it starts in 11 days is there a group me or an accepted students group where I can find a sublease in such short notice??
Just wondering, why does FSU med start so early? Like classes start next week.
FSU wants their M1s done with anatomy before the fall semester. We do anatomy as a solo course and not on an "as you go" basis during organ blocks like some students. M1s are also required to do an away 3-week clerkship with (mostly) PCPs at the end of M1. There are 2 sessions of these clerkships so it requires 6 weeks total of room on the academic calendar. That's my best understanding but there could be other reasons.Just wondering, why does FSU med start so early? Like classes start next week.
Hey! Did you ever get an invite? My uGPA was below their screening too and I'm trying to decide whether or not to send in my app today.Thanks for answering this I’m at work !!
my gpa is below a 3.3 but I had extenuating circumstances so hopefully that means good news for me!