2021-2022 Florida State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there an accepted group chat?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! How much longer does the school send interviews and/or decisions?

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any II invite(s) related good news for anyone this week?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know what the waitlist movement is like here?

Reactions: 1 user
Do you guys think it is safe to assume that they probably will not be sending out anymore II invites?

The class is full, I think they will just be pulling from the waitlist now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if they are still sticking with end of April for interview invites?

Pre-II R, glad to finally have an answer from here. Good luck everyone

I'd love to know what the odds are of being pulled from the WL

@Flor099 @log890

According to a news report from last year, they offered 149 people a spot with only 120 spots available each year. FSU interviews ~250-300 people according to their FAQ, albeit I think it is on the higher end of that spectrum based off comments made during an interview session. So, with this knowledge in mind, there is about a 19-23% chance you will be chosen off the waitlist.

There is also their Master's bridge program where they offer 10 URMs from the waitlist the opportunity to enter the next year's class through passing the graduate program requirements, albeit I don't know how that factors into the numbers so I'm not accounting for that.

Hi all, just got the A today. Will likely be withdrawing the A, but wanted to provide some insight into my stats to potentially help others: 509 MCAT, 3.7x GPA, two research publications (first-author on one, second on another). IS, ORM. Good luck!

Hi all, just got the A today. Will likely be withdrawing the A, but wanted to provide some insight into my stats to potentially help others: 509 MCAT, 3.7x GPA, two research publications (first-author on one, second on another). IS, ORM. Good luck!
Congrats! Interview date?

Congrats!! I PM'd you with a quick question :)

I've been seeing a trend of people getting accepted off the waitlist if they've interviewed in the last month or so. Congrats to you guys!
Wondering if people that interviewed in November even have a shot...

Just wondering, why does FSU med start so early? Like classes start next week.

Just wondering, why does FSU med start so early? Like classes start next week.
FSU wants their M1s done with anatomy before the fall semester. We do anatomy as a solo course and not on an "as you go" basis during organ blocks like some students. M1s are also required to do an away 3-week clerkship with (mostly) PCPs at the end of M1. There are 2 sessions of these clerkships so it requires 6 weeks total of room on the academic calendar. That's my best understanding but there could be other reasons.

Thanks for answering this I’m at work !!

my gpa is below a 3.3 but I had extenuating circumstances so hopefully that means good news for me!
Hey! Did you ever get an invite? My uGPA was below their screening too and I'm trying to decide whether or not to send in my app today.