2021-2022 Florida State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
congrats!! really happy to hear that there's some movement here! When did you complete and get II if you don't mind me asking?
I was complete 8/10 and received interview at the end of September and interviewed end of October.

Reactions: 1 user
They send holds? that must be new
There must be two type of holds I guess: One with no action for those completed applications and One with no action taken for those who completed interviews. How do we even check the status of the application online? Would be useful if someone can shed some light on this.

There must be two type of holds I guess: One with no action for those completed applications and One with no action taken for those who completed interviews. How do we even check the status of the application online? Would be useful if someone can shed some light on this.
Anybody have any updated information on this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody have any updated information on this?
If you receive an interview, on hold post-interview I believe is essentially their version of a waitlist. They told us in the interviews that they do not reject post-interview, only accept or waitlist.

Got placed on hold post-interview. Felt pretty good about the interview so this was pretty demoralizing. cGPA 3.3, sGPA 3.3, MCAT 515, and significant service. Does anybody know how many people get off the waitlist that doesn't include bridge people.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone else kind of feel like they know who they are accepting based on secondaries and interviews are just a formality for extra money and time? Your stats are like really good especially for fsu seems so weird you’re on hold.
I don't think they are really doing a cash grab considering my GPA is way under their median but I do agree my MCAT is pretty high for what they normally accept at. This is my only MD II so I'd like to believe they are more holistic in their admissions process than most and on top of that they only interview a small percentage of their applicants (around 10%) so it's hard to say they already know who they are going to accept.

Reactions: 2 users
Got placed on hold post-interview. Felt pretty good about the interview so this was pretty demoralizing. cGPA 3.3, sGPA 3.3, MCAT 515, and significant service. Does anybody know how many people get off the waitlist that doesn't include bridge people.
Do you mind sharing when you were complete? I have the same MCAT and I completed late Sept/early Oct but haven't heard anything yet. I fit their mission pretty well too

Do you mind sharing when you were complete? I have the same MCAT and I completed late Sept/early Oct but haven't heard anything yet. I fit their mission pretty well too
I was complete 8/4 and heard back from them 10/8 that I would have my interview 11/19. I think more so than my activities and stats, my personal statement was what caught their eye since it was referenced multiple times during the interview.

I was complete 8/4 and heard back from them 10/8 that I would have my interview 11/19. I think more so than my activities and stats, my personal statement was what caught their eye since it was referenced multiple times during the interview.
that's awesome!! i'm sorry to hear about the WL but hopefully they'll have some movement, I don't know a whole lot about FSU's process since there aren't a lot of previous posts :/

that's awesome!! i'm sorry to hear about the WL but hopefully they'll have some movement, I don't know a whole lot about FSU's process since there aren't a lot of previous posts :/
FSU sends out interviews and acceptances up until April so you still have a good shot at getting that A! As for the waitlist I'm not going to keep my hopes that high lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Is the interview actively happening? Do you know anyone who receives interview invites? I emailed them about it and I only received a generic answer. Not sure if I haven't got an interview invite yet, is there really no hope? I applied early but they said it doesn't really matter when you applied. I started to feel worried. Any thoughts?

My application was complete in October ( Covid caused the delay). In state , MCAT 514, GPA 3.8. It’s almost 2 months and absolute silence :(
I am getting a feeling that by keeping their MCAT intake low they are attracting an enormous number of applications.

Yeah why is it so silent here….? Last year I got my II in January and by the time of the interview in Feb the class was already almost full
Would love to know what’s up

I can kind of answer as I've interviewed here. I was complete mid-september with an LM of 69. Received interview invite a month later , then interviewed a in November, then was waitlisted a week after.

They are only interviewing about 8-12 people a week and only interview about 250 people total into May, so everything is just really spread out with them. Everyone in my interview session went to UF or FSU excluding one person from a neighboring state. They made no mention as to how many people they plan to accept from each week or what percentage they foresee taking off the wait list this year. They made no mention of changing things from previous years, but if I remember correctly they stated they typically pull a decent amount from the wait list in April/May (from last year's statistics, ~30% of those waitlisted were offered an acceptance to FSU).

The issue with the waitlist stats is that it includes the people selected for the bridge program. I know last year there wasn’t much waitlist movement (I was waitlisted and waited for months)
Did you end up getting in though, I’m sorry if this is a dumb question lol

Haha not a dumb question, no I didn't. I remained optimistic about getting in off the waitlist for awhile after seeing the stats on waitlist acceptances and in hindsight wished I hadn't held out so much hope considering that almost all waitlist "acceptances" are for the bridge program-- something I would not qualify for.

But there's no way of knowing how the waitlist will work this year. I just wanted to share my experience so others are aware of what I only learned after being rejected.
I really appreciate your insight, thanks bc I’m in that same position, and I don’t want to hold my breath because it’s already been a couple of months after being waitlisted and honestly kind of burnt out from waiting haha

Just received interview invite this afternoon, scheduled for Feb 4th

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
for the love of god the agony is killing me, anyone else?? Dont know if i should email them or call for an update.
Submitted 1st week september, nothing since

• Care
This thread has been sooo quiet, any news of any sort?? have they sent out Rs yet or are they just stringing us along? submitted mid august and sent in updates late December, but nothing yet...

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted via email yesterday! Interviewed on 1/31. Good luck everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone else get the "Important Licensure Notification Re: Your FSU Program" email? It's been radio silent from FSU until this email!

Reactions: 10 users
Did anyone else get the "Important Licensure Notification Re: Your FSU Program" email? It's been radio silent from FSU until this email!
Yea just got it

Sigh yes and I almost passed out but it’s nothing indicative of an interview from what I can tell

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
My friend who applied for law got a variation of this email too 🤡

What’s it about?
also wanting to know what its about! Im on hold with the general office of admissions right now I don't think it means anything tho
Edit: Spoke to Office of Distance Learning that sent the email, it means nothing its just general info that is sent to "everyone that applies" to any program.

Last edited: