2021-2022 Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 Pathways OOS II! oh my GOODNESS! Amazing way to start the day :) Complete first day secondary was open!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Pathways interview! I cannot believe it at all. (Also HST hold, which is more in line with what I was expecting).

Completed 7/8.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to the most recent batch of IIs! Feel free to reach out if you have questions (current student here) .

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Pathways II this morning!! SO excited, I was having a terrible day and this made it less terrible lol! OOS LM 80 complete 7/10.

Hi all, first post but long time follower. HST and Pathways II received yesterday. Complete 7/13 with LM of 79.

Best of luck to everyone who applied and is/has interviewing!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Pathways II this morning!! SO excited, I was having a terrible day and this made it less terrible lol! OOS LM 80 complete 7/10.
wow i just got a pathways II and can hardly believe it - OOS, complete 7/16. I was also having an incredibly awful day and this was a really nice boost. perhaps the trick to an II is to have a particularly terrible day lol

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
wow i just got a pathways II and can hardly believe it - OOS, complete 7/16. I was also having an incredibly awful day and this was a really nice boost. perhaps the trick to an II is to have a particularly terrible day lol
Haha exactly! Real talk though, this is an incredibly hard process and I'm working on taking joy in moments of success as they come!

WOW pathways II today, complete 8/2, OOS, LM 76.2, ORM

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Alright guys level with me...

my second interview was out of the park.. interviewer vibes with me and she kept saying how impressed she was with my CV.

the first interview wasn’t as enthusiastic but she was impressed with my research and clinical skills. There was one blip at the very last second where my brain kinda farted and I asked “ so do you have any more questions about me ? And she said “ No @Dogruffle01 , I have no questions for you” in a kinda sarcastic tone.
U think I blew it right there?

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright guys level with me...

my second interview was out of the park.. interviewer vibes with me and she kept saying how impressed she was with my CV.

the first interview wasn’t as enthusiastic but she was impressed with my research and clinical skills. There was one blip at the very last second where my brain kinda farted and I asked “ so do you have any more questions about me ? And she said “ No @Dogruffle01 , I have no questions for you” in a kinda sarcastic tone.
U think I blew it right there?
Don't think too much about it. Some of my classmates had "bad" or "awkward" interviews and they are here! Honestly the worst part will be waiting until March to find out your decision. Good luck!

II
OOS
LM ~ 76
Wars S
Complete late july

Reactions: 2 users
HST and Pathways II today!!! Feels unreal.
IS, LM 83, Complete 7/14

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Did anyone receive a "complete" email after submitting your secondary? I got the "Supplemental Application Received" email about a month ago but no official "Supplemental application complete".

Did anyone receive a "complete" email after submitting your secondary? I got the "Supplemental Application Received" email about a month ago but no official "Supplemental application complete".
Check your portal

Check your portal
Yup, I have green check marks by everything. I was just unsure if I was supposed to receive a "Complete" email (all the other schools I applied to sent a Complete email in addition to the "Supplemental Application Received" email)?

Wow I've been thinking about this for years!

OOS II received!
LM 76 URM
Complete 07/20

Edit: Pathways!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, but does HMS send rejections or do they usually just ghost?

Wow I've thinking about this for years!

OOS II received!
LM 76 URM
Complete 07/20

Edit: Pathways!
Congratulations, that's amazing! Just wondering: did you ever receive a "Supplemental application complete" email? I only received a "Supplemental application received" email although everything on my portal seems to be complete.

Congratulations, that's amazing! Just wondering: did you ever receive a "Supplemental application complete" email? I only received a "Supplemental application received" email although everything on my portal seems to be complete.
only received "Supplemental application received" !

II Pathways at 9:54 am 10/1, complete 7/28, OOS

LM 74.1

I literally almost fell down the stairs. I never ever thought I’d be making a post like this in my life. I’m extremely humbled.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
II Pathways today, LM 70. In complete shock and honestly so emotional rn. Almost didn't apply too!!

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Pathways Interview Invite received today! R for MD-PhD. Secondary submitted 8/9/2021. GPA 3.93 and MCAT 511. URM.
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. CLOUD 9.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
Does anyone have any insight on when the best time to use an update would be? I will be presenting at an HMS-hosted conference soon (next month). Should I wait until after that or should I send something now? I know that they may/may not read it, but I definitely want to shoot my shot.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed the week of Oct 4, and I recently tried to go into the HMS Interview Day Canvas to find a link to an info session, and I found that I am no longer able to access the Canvas. Do other people who have interviewed earlier in the cycle no longer have access to the Canvas, or is it just me?

I interviewed the week of Oct 4, and I recently tried to go into the HMS Interview Day Canvas to find a link to an info session, and I found that I am no longer able to access the Canvas. Do other people who have interviewed earlier in the cycle no longer have access to the Canvas, or is it just me?
I can still access it, interviewed the week of 9/13.

Just got an II today to both Pathways and HST. OOS. Complete in early August. Literally speechless.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
does anyone know if attending the optional additional events have any impact on the decision?

does anyone know if attending the optional additional events have any impact on the decision?
Was curious about this too, I really hope not. They say they don't look at attendance but I wonder if that's true

Got an II for Pathways (R for MD/PhD and HST) on Oct 25 - OOS and ORM with LM 80 complete on 9/3. Honestly was stunned in the middle of lab for a while and it still feels surreal

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Got an II for Pathways (R for MSTP and HST) on Nov 1st - OOS with LM 73 complete on 9/4 - first time on an MD-only forum, hope the application cycle is going well for you guys!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Got an II for Pathways (R for MSTP and HST) on Nov 1st - OOS with LM 73 complete on 9/4 - first time on an MD-only forum, hope the application cycle is going well for you guys!
Congrats!
I was complete 7/22 and have heard nothing yet... interpreting this as a silent R at this point. Anyone else in a similar boat?

I was complete 7/22 and have heard nothing yet... interpreting this as a silent R at this point. Anyone else in a similar boat?
+1 Complete 07/08, never really expected to get an II from here, so I just try to keep it out of my mind. If it happens, then surprise!

• Care
Congrats!
I was complete 7/7 so kind of also thinking it's an R

Congrats!
Yup same. Trying to be positive but its been tough lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!
Complete almost exact same date and in the same boat. I thought Harvard sends interviews through the season though?

Complete almost exact same date and in the same boat. I thought Harvard sends interviews through the season though?
It's not over until it's over. Know a guy that was complete mid-August and get an II mid-December. He was accepted too.

I completely messed up time zones and missed the student meet and greet that just ended. is that a big deal/should I be worried?