2021-2022 Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
y'all...someone (not me) got a II here yesterday according to the tracker

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone really believe one random post to the tracker with no other posts here?

Reactions: 2 users
Survey of n=1 (me) says absolutely not
I definitely don't buy it. The interview tracker is known to have trolls and Harvard is exactly the school that someone would troll about. Also, it's just one report.

Reactions: 6 users
What is the tracker that everyone is referring to and where can I find it?

Does something like this exist for MD/PhD? I got an II, but not sure if I should add it to the doc since it says "MD"

When you submit to fill data in the spreadsheet, it gives you an option to select MD PhD so it may still be fine?

Does something like this exist for MD/PhD? I got an II, but not sure if I should add it to the doc since it says "MD"
If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your secondary and when did you receive the II?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your secondary and when did you receive the II?
It's an II for another school, I was just asking the question in general about the tracker thing

fyi they have sent a few IIs out. Know of 4 atm. Harvard undergraduates btw, though.

What? Harvard undergrads aren't even technically complete yet because our committee letters aren't submitted until Aug 15 o_O
Wow really? Damn. I don't go to H but got go to a peer school and know many premeds there. You sure this is the case? I doubt these people would outright lie to me...

Yep! It's standardized so all applicants get their letter packets submitted at the same time. Maybe the people you know are unique applicants in some way that warrants them getting an II without letters (my URM friend got an interview invite from a school prior to the school receiving their letters)
They are all URM (part of a premed association I am in too). That probably explains it.

Anyone know how to approach these essays as a re-applicant? I applied last year right after graduating so I'm not sure how to answer the gap-year essay and the re-applicant essay without just repeating the same things.

Is anyones portal so slow it won't let you submit but says timeout every time they try submitting?

I see on the tracker some Canadian applicant got an II with 497 MCAT. Wonder if that's true

I see that Harvard is one of the few schools that limits your updates on the portal. I was wondering if anyone knew any other schools that do this. I want to make a list so that I don't accidentally waste an update pre-interview. I can't seem to find info on this anywhere else?
I think it will be pretty difficult to make this mistake. Very few schools limit you like this -- updates are either unlimited or not allowed at all.

As with Harvard, however, if there is a limit, it will be right there for you to see and will be pretty hard to miss. No one has gone to the effort to make a list because I'm not sure it's worth the effort. If you have an update, you either submit it or you don't, depending on whether they will take it or whether you want to use one of a limited number of updates on it.

Reactions: 1 users
how long did it take for y'all to receive the secondary after getting verified? I have all of my secondaries except for HMS, and I know they do not pre-screen applicants. is it worth it to call/email them if it's been about a week?

how long did it take for y'all to receive the secondary after getting verified? I have all of my secondaries except for HMS, and I know they do not pre-screen applicants. is it worth it to call/email them if it's been about a week?
Transmitted on 6/25 and got the secondary on 7/6

I sent them my primary on 8/2 and got it like 4 hours later

I was coming here to ask exactly the same question. I sent my primary on 8/14, but as of 8/19, I still haven't received their secondary
Literally as I was looking as this this morning, I got my secondary! I was verified on 08/12 and received it today, 08/20

Hello! M2 here! Happy to answer any HMS questions via DM (but not questions like... when are they sending out II's, because we truly do not know!) good luck finishing your secondaries and HANG ON through this insane app process. take care of yourselves!!!!

Reactions: 10 users
II Just now! This is the one ! The dream school ! I promise God as SDN as my witness if I get into Harvard I will give up all my other IIs and acceptances and will help premeds with the process for years to come for free! Just plzzzzz Harvard, I’m begging y’all!!

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
II Just now! This is the one ! The dream school ! I promise God as SDN as my witness if I get into Harvard I will give up all my other IIs and acceptances and will help premeds with the process for years to come for free! Just plzzzzz Harvard, I’m begging y’all!!
IS or OOS?

II, LM 82, OOS, Complete 7/6, public state school (not highly ranked)

Current M1, we just got notified that interviews are happening soon and they asked us to sign up for social sessions! Good luck to everyone! Feel free to reach out if anyone has any questions!

Last edited:
Holy Moly II! Never expected this. Complete 7/15

Last edited:
  • Love
If you don't mind me asking, did you attend an Ivy for undergrad?
No.... but I went to the undergrad that’s arguable the most known for medicine, the schools very popular in the news right now.

Last edited:
  • Hmm
Congrats to everyone who got interviews! Question, where these all pathways or were some HST?

Congrats to everyone who got interviews! Question, where these all pathways or were some HST?
HST has historically started interviewing about a month later (sometime in October), so my assumption is that most of these are Pathways.

Anyone get a confirmation email after they signed up for their interview ?