2021-2022 Kansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview was like a 7/10 I think. I started off pretty weak but got better over the course of the hour. I think my bigger problem is a lack of good clinical experience, only about ~200 hours

My first one was a bit weird. The interviewer had a fake background and had a pretty bad connection/microphone quality. It started with him mentioning my MCAT retake (in a positive way though), asking why I didn’t have a physician LoR and if I called the admissions office for feedback on my last application lol. There was one question that I was unprepared for and blanked on. I had a stuttery less than convincing answer on the spot which has me worried.

The second one was much better and more what I expected.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
My first one was a bit weird. The interviewer had a fake background and had a pretty bad connection/microphone quality. It started with him mentioning my MCAT retake (in a positive way though), asking why I didn’t have a physician LoR and if I called the admissions office for feedback on my last application lol. There was one question that I was unprepared for and blanked on. I had a stuttery less than convincing answer on the spot which has me worried.

The second one was much better and more what I expected.
Same, the first one was definitely more difficult for me. The second one I think went well.

No the vast majority get accepted in March. I think a deferral means you were accepted the previous cycle then started school the beginning of next cycle. So if you got accepted this cycle and got a deferral you’d start in 2023 not 2022.

How do you guys think your interviews went? An 82 LM not getting an A right away has me worried.
What does 82 LM mean?

Members don't see this ad :)
No the vast majority get accepted in March. I think a deferral means you were accepted the previous cycle then started school the beginning of next cycle. So if you got accepted this cycle and got a deferral you’d start in 2023 not 2022.

How do you guys think your interviews went? An 82 LM not getting an A right away has me worried.
I felt the first interview went decently well. We had a good conversation, I clarified some questions about my app and I felt like I conveyed my story. My interviewer did ask about my MCAT, which is under the average for KU, and told me that might be a good area of improvement should this cycle not be successful. So that gave me a little bit of pause.

However, the second interview didn't go as well as the first interview. I had, in my opinion, mediocre answers to their questions. I still feel like my story got across to them, but I didn't feel the same connection with the second interviewers compared to the first. This week the adcom will talk about interviewees from last week. Fingers crossed that I didn't fall too hard in the second interview and a favorable outcome is on the horizon! Good luck to everyone!

When do regular decision candidates find out? Did they give you a timeline?

Is the interview here open file?
The first one is. The first interview is with an adcom member who will present you to the rest of the committee, and they have your full app. The second interviewers have everything but grades and mcat

How long after submitting your secondary have people heard anything?

I couldn't find this anywhere on the website- is ACE curriculum pass fail for the first two years? What is the grading like for the evaluations M3/M4 year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it a month? For some reason I thought they said 2 weeks
They typically quote 6-8 weeks I think, but they said they’d been moving fast so it could be closer to 3-4 weeks.

Reactions: 1 user
Are updates for this school to be sent to the admissions email? I didn't see anywhere on the supplemental application to do so.

I’m OS with very strong ties to the state. I have average stats for acceptance. Should I be nervous. Does ties make a difference in admissions?

I interviewed today and it was a really pleasant experience. Good luck to everyone!

I Interviewed recently. Has anyone been accepted to KU with below their average Mcat, or much lower? Appreciate any transparency and responses. Thank you!

Congrats! I was accepted EDP a while back! For accepted students do they usually start a Facebook group/WhatsApp/groupme?
I was also wondering this! Accepted EDP a couple months ago.

Did the 10/28 interviews hear back? I interviewed 11/4, so I am just trying to figure out if I will hear back this week or the next!

Did the 10/28 interviews hear back? I interviewed 11/4, so I am just trying to figure out if I will hear back this week or the next!
I interviewed 10/29 and haven’t heard back yet! They told us 3-4 weeks and with the holiday last week I’m sure it delayed us even more! I’m hoping to hear this week!

Reactions: 5 users
I interviewed 10/29 and haven’t heard back yet! They told us 3-4 weeks and with the holiday last week I’m sure it delayed us even more! I’m hoping to hear this week!
Will second this! Interviewed on 10/28! I'm thinking (and hoping) it is this week we will hear something back. I can update this thread when I do hear something back :)

Reactions: 2 users
Today is the day (interviewed 10/28)! I just got my results. I got waitlisted.

Curious to how many people they take off the waitlist? I asked a previous student and they knew someone who was 12th on the list and got off.

Whatever results you guys get, remember that it does not define you as a person!!

Interviewed 10/29 and got accepted today! Best of luck to you all through the rest of the process, you got this!💪🏻

Reactions: 4 users
did they say waitlist in the email or did they tell you your decision will be held off until March? Just wanted to check since I was the latter and I didn't think that was a waitlist yet

If people are okay with it (I understand if not), if you got accepted, do you mind sharing some stats and some meaningful experiences! It would help a lot just to know where I am and also get some good suggestions :)!

did they say waitlist in the email or did they tell you your decision will be held off until March? Just wanted to check since I was the latter and I didn't think that was a waitlist yet
I just received the email too. It's not a waitlist - it's just a "not pre-selected" list. We will find out in March if do get placed on the waitlist at that time

Hoping 11/4 & 11/5 interviews hear back this week. I’m so nervous. Good luck everyone! 🤞🏻

• Care
Just received an OOS R just now. Beyond heartbroken. Super strong ties, born and lived first 12 years in KC, family all across the entire state, and to me is my home state more so than the state I'm a considered a resident. I have only had one II, still waiting to hear back, but this R has felt like a dagger.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Yeah this school is a weird nut to crack. My stats are way higher than their average and I still got a straight R. No wait till March like other people. IS. I’d say decent ECs too. I called them and according to an adcom my interview went “okay.” Bleh.

Last edited:
Yeah this school is a weird nut to crack. My stats are way higher than their average and I still got a straight R. No wait till March like other people. IS. I’d say decent ECs too. My interview went “okay.” Bleh.
+1 on this as someone who went WL -> two cycles ago. I also know people with average grades and weak-average ECs who get in, so it's tough to gauge what they're looking for.

Are the folks hearing back today in the 11/4-11/5 group? Trying to not be impatient since my interview was later in November.

+1 on this as someone who went WL -> two cycles ago. I also know people with average grades and weak-average ECs who get in, so it's tough to gauge what they're looking for.

Are the folks hearing back today in the 11/4-11/5 group? Trying to not be impatient since my interview was later in November.
Have not heard back yet, hoping for tomorrow!

Got accepted today! Interviewed 11/4. Good luck to everyone else applying!

A this morning. Interviewed 11/4. OOS, URM, Close ties.

Also got the A and I am OOS with very close ties. Good luck everyone!

Wait until March email for me. Interviewed 11/5. Have 3 more interviews to complete, but KU is my top choice. 🤞🏻 Hope everyone else is having good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Got the wait until March email today, interviewed 11/12. I know this is just how their process is, but I'm bummed