2021-2022 TCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone gotten their financial aid package yet? I know they have the projected aid on the portal, but is there anything official?
Not yet

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
To my fellow waitlisted peeps, how are we doing?

Reactions: 4 users
Hummmm just got the A email!
Is this real?
Isn't today a holiday?

Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got the A today as well!! Called around 12:40 then email shortly after

Reactions: 13 users
judging by ur username this is gonna be u as a doctor congrats tho
Screen-Shot-2020-09-16-at-9.10.45-AM.png

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats everyone!! Were y'all taken off the waitlist?!? So happy for you :)

Reactions: 1 users
congratulations to all of y’all! did you send any update letters or LOIs?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the A call yesterday morning as well. lol ggz 😝

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to everybody who has been accepted and positive vibes to those WL!

Would anybody be able to answer if the matriculation number of 60 will be the same for Class of 2027 (entering year 2023)?

Thank you!

Congrats to everybody who has been accepted and positive vibes to those WL!

Would anybody be able to answer if the matriculation number of 60 will be the same for Class of 2027 (entering year 2023)?

Thank you!
They have announced no plans to increase the size of their class, and the MSAR entry for EY 2023 still lists a class size of 60.

Reactions: 2 users
For admitted students, do we have to PTE by a certain date? I know CTE is June 1st but couldn’t find info about PTE

For admitted students, do we have to PTE by a certain date? I know CTE is June 1st but couldn’t find info about PTE
pte is today for all amcas schools (unless you somehow have an exception)

Reactions: 1 users
I just got the call. Was CCX4 then added to the waitlist.

Wow im speechless

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
I just got the call. Was CCX4 then added to the waitlist.

Wow im speechless
Congratulations!:)👏 Did the number calling you match the admissions number by any chance? I have a missed call from Fort Worth but no voicemail.

Congratulations!:)👏 Did the number calling you match the admissions number by any chance? I have a missed call from Fort Worth but no voicemail.
they'll likely call you again in a bit!! when i got accepted i missed the first call and they didn't leave a voicemail because they do the best to get the person on the phone since they love hearing people's reactions

they'll likely call you again in a bit!! when i got accepted i missed the first call and they didn't leave a voicemail because they do the best to get the person on the phone since they love hearing people's reactions
AHHHH that’s exciting! Thank you for letting me know:) And congrats on your A also!

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations to everyone who got an A today! So happy for all of you

I am a student on the alternative list. Since English is not my native language, there may be some grammatical errors, but I wanted to write down my thoughts that suddenly came to mind. By mid-April, I was overwhelmed with extreme anxiety. In the end, I wrote a letter of intent to the school. But looking back at that moment now, I think it showed how uncertain I was about my future. Through this community, I learned that I am not the only one who desperately wants to become a physician, but that many people are living in the world with dreams. I believe that God will give us the best place in the end no matter what the outcome is. I hope everyone never gives up, even if it does not work for this time. I need to tell myself one more time, to learn from my mistakes and move forward.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Current MS1, let me know if you guys have any questions!

What do you suggest in terms of what to do for classes? For instance, does TCU provide me with certain materials like scrubs?
The school provides one pair of scrubs. The only times we are required to wear scrubs (in Phase I) is during sessions in the anatomy lab. Clinical skills attire is business casual. For LIC, dress code depends on what clinic you're in. If you have specific questions about other materials provided, let me know!

Does anyone have any updates on new waitlist movement, if their class is full, etc?

Does anyone have any updates on new waitlist movement, if their class is full, etc?
Right now our Class of 2026 GroupMe has about 40 students. I'm sure there are other students who simply do not use GroupMe. Commit to Enroll for TCU is due on June 1st so if anything, the massive WL movement would be towards the end of this month/early to mid-June.

Right now our Class of 2026 GroupMe has about 40 students. I'm sure there are other students who simply do not use GroupMe. Commit to Enroll for TCU is due on June 1st so if anything, the massive WL movement would be towards the end of this month/early to mid-June.
That’s a bit of a relief to hear, thanks for sharing! What is the significance of May 16th then? The waitlist email said the following: “That said, candidates for the entering class have until May 16, 2022 to make a final commitment to our medical school.” Is that different from CTE?

That’s a bit of a relief to hear, thanks for sharing! What is the significance of May 16th then? The waitlist email said the following: “That said, candidates for the entering class have until May 16, 2022 to make a final commitment to our medical school.” Is that different from CTE?
If people they have made offers of admission to don't commit to TCU by that date, TCU will go back to its wait list to fill the gaps.

Yes plan to enroll. With that, you can hold multiple acceptances. Right now students are fighting for better aid across the country and trying to get scholarship money etc. But the last day to say yes TCU is the one and only school I'm going to is June 1st. That is Commit to Enroll.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anybody in the current cycle submit their primary application without an updated MCAT score? I'm looking at applying for this school next cycle and I plan on retaking the MCAT on 7/16. On their website it states that they won't review without an MCAT score, but I hoping someone who did this can share how it went or provide their two cents. My AMCAS application is pretty much complete, just wondering if I should submit the first day.

Did anybody in the current cycle submit their primary application without an updated MCAT score? I'm looking at applying for this school next cycle and I plan on retaking the MCAT on 7/16. On their website it states that they won't review without an MCAT score, but I hoping someone who did this can share how it went or provide their two cents. My AMCAS application is pretty much complete, just wondering if I should submit the first day.
TCU doesn't start in with their secondary invitations & interviews super early, so if you want, you can wait to see your new MCAT score and then add TCU to your AMCAS school list.

TCU doesn't start in with their secondary invitations & interviews super early, so if you want, you can wait to see your new MCAT score and then add TCU to your AMCAS school list.
Thanks for the quick reply! TCU is the only school I am applying to on AMCAS (TX resident) so I am hoping to beat the whole verification timeline. Do you think I should still wait for the MCAT score then?

Thanks for the quick reply! TCU is the only school I am applying to on AMCAS (TX resident) so I am hoping to beat the whole verification timeline. Do you think I should still wait for the MCAT score then?
Well, what TCU said is they will not evaluate someone without an MCAT score. You have an MCAT score, just not one you're happy with. If you want them to definitely consider you with your new score, then wait until the new score is on your re-app. I don't see a downside to waiting in this instance.

Well, what TCU said is they will not evaluate someone without an MCAT score. You have an MCAT score, just not one you're happy with. If you want them to definitely consider you with your new score, then wait until the new score is on your re-app. I don't see a downside to waiting in this instance.
I appreciate your insight on this! Thank you.

I missed the call but got the email - I'M GONNA BE A DOCTOR!!! THANK YOU EVERYONE SEE YOU IN JULY !!!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I got the A call at 12:40 pm today!!! Was in the first interview group back in September 2021 and have been cc x 1000 ever since. So worth the wait! :)

Also: If anyone could help me join either the 2026 GroupMe or Facebook page, it would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users