2022-2023 TCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In that case, I'm doubtful I'll get an II from TCU at this point as it's already two weeks away if that's the last interview date this cycle for TCU.
Update: I got the pre-II R just now. Submitted 8/9, OOS, ORM, LM 70, WARS 71.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
pre-ii R. upset they didnt take updates of any kind as i have ties to the area that i never got to explain and my brother goes there so it was high on my list :/

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
IS pre-II R today. My last one excluding my waitlist at UTT. good luck y’all ◡̈

Rejection today, pre-ii. TCU undergrad too lol this one stings
Also pre-II R and TCU alumni. Not too upset since I got into a better school and I was expecting this but still hurts lol

Reactions: 1 user
Pre-II R as well of course. I did have to check the portal as the email hasn't come through yet. I'm very excited to be reapplying here in the up and coming cycle! Best of luck everyone

Pre-II R. Pretty upset since this school has been high on my list from the start but thankful I have another acceptance and will be a doctor! Holding out hope for anyone else waiting to hear back from TCU

Members don't see this ad :)
At the end of the day, the best medical school is not the one you expect to be attending. The best medical school is the one that accepts you because they saw something in you that others didn’t. Hope you all get in whereever you are meant to go!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
this will get updated.

Does TCU have their first graduation this year?

TCU School of Medicine Class of 2023 (Inaugural Class) Match List

TCU Match 2023.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Very nice match list for a 1st year.

Yo, I was looking at their post ii A rate, I think the chart posted in SDN has to be out of date for the school? It says they interview over 700 applicants. Someone during my interview said that they only interviewed around 250 this year out of 6300 apps. My interview was this past Monday. Can anyone confirm?

Yo, I was looking at their post ii A rate, I think the chart posted in SDN has to be out of date for the school? It says they interview over 700 applicants. Someone during my interview said that they only interviewed around 250 this year out of 6300 apps. My interview was this past Monday. Can anyone confirm?
thats old and wrong. their class size is only 60. they interview like 300 ish i think based on msar.

Hmmm. That sounds more realistic. Idk what my chances are as OOS. I’ve seen a lot of CC status here on sdn and wonder how their interview went. I guess the one good thing is that they still haven’t sent out all As. I’m assuming like 4-5 people from my interview group of ~20 interviewees will get an A? They only have one date left so they’re probably almost filled.

Hmmm. That sounds more realistic. Idk what my chances are as OOS. I’ve seen a lot of CC status here on sdn and wonder how their interview went. I guess the one good thing is that they still haven’t sent out all As. I’m assuming like 4-5 people from my interview group of ~20 interviewees will get an A? They only have one date left so they’re probably almost filled.
i interviewed in feb and got CC twice. it seems like after the CC's they will do WL and A off the WL in May all the way til June. I haven't seen many rejections post II tbh

They told us that they send A on specific Fridays based on your interview date. Then the next Monday you’ll get a CC or an R.

I assume it means 100% of those who applied matched.
I have seen a few other schools do this and say "100% matched" but it means "100% of those eligible for Match" or "100% of those who registered for the Match got a position".
There are many reasons a student who entered school 4 years ago wouldn't go to the Match in 4 years, some of which being illnesses, research year, maternity leave, remediation of all or part of a year, or even having left med school some time during those 4 years.

Anyone, uhhh, get anything yet?

• Hmm
  • Sad
Well it’s 1 pm central time…getting ii just to end up being WL or R
BBC5080A-3B4E-43B0-9341-F465ED0A93CF.jpeg

• Care
  • Sad
+1 but interviewed early feb.
i think today they should be sending out something, maybe wl?
Today was an A day. They only have one more left. They do As on Fridays the week after an interview day and the following Monday would be Rs or CC.

Today was an A day. They only have one more left. They do As on Fridays the week after an interview day and the following Monday would be Rs or CC.
yup but based on last years thread, on today they sent out WL emails.

Stay optimistic friends! I have classmates that were held 10+ times and are killing it now in M3. It's not over until it's over!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Just got the call! They were so nice. Seemed like the whole admissions team was there on the conference call. Best of luck to everyone and happy to answer any questions!

• Love
When did you interview?? Did you ever get CC?
Interview invite Feb 24. Interviewed March 13. No CC, at the end of the interview day the admissions team said that this coming Monday would be when we would be CC or R. Hope that helps.